PDA

View Full Version : Price of Gas compared to Evian my ass...

sorry dog
07-12-2006, 05:57 AM
I'm sick and tired of hearing all these comparisons between gas and other stuff we buy to make it seem OK that gas is $3+.
You've probably seen those emails/posts where the price of Coke, Gatorade, and bottled water is extrapolated out to $15 a gallon.
But I still have yet to see the comparisons that make all that seem like bullshit.
The best one I can think of is a gallon of milk. Around here it's usually between $3-$3.29. This is a product that some animal has to get pumped out it from it's titties one squirt at a time, pasturized, tested continually to be safe for human consumptions, packaged one gallon at a time, shipped only in 50 gallon lots, and then it's only good for a few days on the shelf. I'm sure some percentage gets dumped for being bad or needing a mop on isle 7...yet this stuff is still $3.00 a gallon. I bet it would be even less if you ship it through a pipeline, sell it 20 gallons at a time, and not have to worry about what kind of crap contaminates it or the sell by date.
$6 gas my ass. We can fart our cars along cheaper.
I'm starting to think Madmax and have a pig fart farm to run my shit on methane. Hell, I bet Tom Brown makes at least a couple of gallons a day by himself.

Jbb
07-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Hell, I bet Tom Brown makes at least a couple of gallons a day by himself.
ewwwwww....

Jim W
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorry dog
Hell, I bet Tom Brown makes at least a couple of gallons a day by himself.
are you thinking vapor or liquid???
Be good, Jim

Tom Brown
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
are you thinking vapor or liquid???
It's tough to tell sometimes.

Chubby4Life
07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
All these comparisons are great, but nobody drinks 30 gallons of milk, gatorade, water or any thing else in a week! If we did, we would have the same complaint as we do with fuel prices. The analysts need to stop comparing apples and oranges.