PDA

View Full Version : what documention do you need for a trip to Mex?

Mandelon
07-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Puptent is taking his kids and whole fam damily down to some Mexican resort. Last time I went to Loreto we needed some trip paperwork notarized at the last minute..
Do they all need passports or birth certificates?? His kids are 2, 4, and 6 .

core attitude
07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Puptent is taking his kids and whole fam damily down to some Mexican resort. Last time I went to Loreto we needed some trip paperwork notarized at the last minute..
Birth certs. will do for the little ones........same for the adults but I always take my passport.

Waldo
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Birth certs or passports for everyone. The laws will change come 1/1/07. Everyone will need a passport from what the mrs told me. We are going to Puerto Villarta with our two kids in about a week...she looked into it as she misplaced my daughter's birth cert.

Advantage Adam
07-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Birth certs or passports for everyone. The laws will change come 1/1/07. Everyone will need a passport from what the mrs told me. We are going to Puerto Villarta with our two kids in about a week...she looked into it as she misplaced my daughter's birth cert.
I thought that law took effect 01/01/2006??

RiverDave
07-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Just got back from Ensenada on monday.. They didn't even ask to see a drivers license when we came back across. LOL We took our passports just in case, but if you speaka da english and ya look like you belong, then it's been my limited experience (I goto mexico alot) that they don't really mess with you, unless you give them a reason too.
RD

core attitude
07-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I thought that law took effect 01/01/2006??
No.......just came back from a cruise to Ensenada, it's 2007.

VanDeano
07-12-2006, 09:20 AM
As long as your white trash or at least look like it, no sweat. :D If you look like a Mexican, :cry: well do I need to say more.

Cas
07-12-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought you only needed some lamp black for your face/hands and some black clothing? being able to run fast is a plus

Sleek-Jet
07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
After the first of the year you'll need a passport to re-enter the US if you are a US citizen... might as well go ahead and get passports now and beet the rush... :rolleyes:
I guess if you are a citizen of Mexico you can come and go as you please... :D :D :D

Mandelon
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Just got back from Ensenada on monday.. They didn't even ask to see a drivers license when we came back across. LOL We took our passports just in case, but if you speaka da english and ya look like you belong, then it's been my limited experience (I goto mexico alot) that they don't really mess with you, unless you give them a reason too.
RD
Flying down to the mainland is different than driving into the tourist zone, which covers Ensenada. For day trips they don't seem to care.

Phat Matt
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Just make sure he doesn't sleep on his back anymore. :D

ROZ
07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Passports or birth certs... If he is a single father, he will need a letter notorized from his exspouse giving her permission to leave the country...
He cal call AAA travel for any details :)

Mandelon
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Just make sure he doesn't sleep on his back anymore. :D
LMFAO!! He bought himself a 24' Yamaha, with twin jets. He's a real boater now!! :rolleyes: :p

a catered life
07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
last year they asked me for a few tubes of semon :rollside: ........so they supplied all the activites and toys to extract it from my system :cool:
puck disneyland :yuk: mexico is the happiest place on earth :p

RiverDave
07-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Flying down to the mainland is different than driving into the tourist zone, which covers Ensenada. For day trips they don't seem to care.
Went to puerto villarta last year in early october for a week. Can't remember if I showed them my passport or not? I always take it, but it seems I rarely use it.
RD

OutCole'd
07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I have been hearing they are getting real serious about passports now. I will be home Monday and can let you know first hand info from Loreto.

JB in so cal
07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I have been hearing they are getting real serious about passports now. I will be home Monday and can let you know first hand info from Loreto.
If yo're not stuck on the crapper :yuk:

bruddah
07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
if your driving you just need license and to be safe bring a passport but its not required yet till 07. to fly in im not sure since most of my trips down i have drivin. good luck and have fun.

doesitfloat?
07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
We just got back Cancun/Playa Del Carmen.
All that we brought/needed was our birth certificates. HOWEVER, bring your marriage certificate to show why your wife's id no longer matches her birth cert...
That's all that we needed.

LaveyOne
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
We just got back Cancun/Playa Del Carmen.
All that we brought/needed was our birth certificates. HOWEVER, bring your marriage certificate to show why your wife's id no longer matches her birth cert...
That's all that we needed.
We're leaving Saturday for Cancun. :crossx:
How was the weather down there? Any suggestions of do's and don'ts?
Gracias y Hasta Luego !!! :rollside:

patsbrothel
07-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Lots Of Green American Cash thats all that corrupt fricking Country Understands!

Phat Al
07-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Que

uvindex
07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
His kids are 2, 4, and 6 .If any of the kids have last names different from the parents or if there's only one parent going, note this well:
"Parents of minor children (under 18 years old) should document carefully legal custody prior to traveling to Mexico. If a minor child is traveling with only one parent, the absent parent should provide notarized consent. If only one parent has legal custody, that parent should be prepared to provide such evidence to airlines and Mexican authorities. In cases in which a minor child is traveling to Mexico alone or in someone else's company, then both parents (or the sole, documented custodial parent) should provide notarized consent. If a child traveling to Mexico has a different last name from the mother and/or father, the parents should be prepared to provide evidence to airlines and Mexican authorities, such as a birth certificate or adoption decree, that they are indeed the parents."