PDA

View Full Version : Quick IT/DSL router question...

al cole'holic
07-12-2006, 10:19 AM
...is it possible to run 2 routers on a cable broadband line?? I have cable at my warehouse with another line running to the showroom (separate building). Right now the cable modem is in the warehouse but I want to set up a computer station in the showroom building..?

voodoomedman
07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
...is it possible to run 2 routers on a cable broadband line?? I have cable at my warehouse with another line running to the showroom (separate building). Right now the cable modem is in the warehouse but I want to set up a computer station in the showroom building..?
You want to run a line from the router to a switch in the other building.

al cole'holic
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
You want to run a line from the router to a switch in the other building.
...I have cable everywhere, so the broadband is everywhere already...I was trying to avoid running a line off the router to the other building.. :cry:

ROZ
07-12-2006, 10:35 AM
wireless... at home I use others unsecured routers to acess the internet. you can do the same with lan...
I have 4 and sometimes 5 coices of nextworks :D

voodoomedman
07-12-2006, 10:36 AM
...I have cable everywhere, so the broadband is everywhere already...I was trying to avoid running a line off the router to the other building.. :cry:
Oh I get it now. I doubt you would be able to do it unless you have a really nice cable company that sets it up for you to do that. Get a wireless router and run the showroom wirelessly. Just make sure you secure it.