PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Overnight Boat parking

socaldj1
07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm headed to the Nautical for the first time next week. I'll be there monday-friday and wonder what's best for the boat overnight at the Nautical, The marina, Pulling it out, anchored? How far is the walk to the Marina.

BajaMike
07-12-2006, 02:35 PM
You can park on the beach right in front of your room.

vegasriverjunkie
07-12-2006, 02:40 PM
There should be plenty of beach area for you during the week.

ThongMagnet
07-12-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm headed to the Nautical for the first time next week. I'll be there monday-friday and wonder what's best for the boat overnight at the Nautical, The marina, Pulling it out, anchored? How far is the walk to the Marina.
Leave the keys in it on the beach, with the tanks topped off, Ice chest full of Bud light. I'll watch it overnight. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
I personally pull it out at night and wipe it down. The Nautical Inn has a their own ramp, although its been a few years. :)

Roxysnow
07-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Try to leave your boat in the cove on the south side. It is ususally calm waters there the wind in minimal. Even if you wanted to take the boat out of the water, there is never a line at the launch!
Oh, be sure to leave your box anchor in the water also, I heard the tweekers in Havasu are running a little low on cash! :mad: j/j

4day!!
07-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Oh, be sure to leave your box anchor in the water also, I heard the tweekers in Havasu are running a little low on cash! :mad: j/j
Are you kidding? They're snaking anchors now? We need to set up a serious sting around there and stomp some ass!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Roxysnow
07-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Are you kidding? They\'re snaking anchors now? We need to set up a serious sting around there and stomp some ass!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
How sweet would that be if Havasu PD set up a sting operation!

Magic34
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
During the week, no problem parking your boat on the beach at the Nautical. There should be plenty of room to do so.
Nautical also has their own ramp, so even if you wanted to take the boat out each afternoon/night, it is all on the same property and easy.

4day!!
07-12-2006, 04:29 PM
if they are shorthanded, i'm sure most of us won't mind being deputized for a night or two. Just as long as we can drink on duty :)

NuckinFutz
07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
One thing to keep in mind is with the afternoon monsoon winds and some people who don't anchor their easy up shade be careful. My first night with the new boat and someones easy up canopy only caused me several thousand dollars in gel coat damage. What a way to enjoy a boat about 12 hours old, and to top it off the owner of the canopy didn't even bother to let me know he had pulled the canopy off my boat while I was in the room showering. If it wasn't for a fellow Hot Boat member, I'd never would have known what happened when I found all the damage the next morning. Thanks again Clownpuncher for stepping up and letting me know what happened, I owe you a few cold ones.

2Driver
07-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Have stayed during the week in the cove overnight and have pulled out using their ramp. Didn't feel overly safe but nothing happened unlike others here on the boards. Bottom line is your boat is exposed so you take the risk, but it is great being on the water in the cove units.
I did come out to find some POS 18' jet boat beached sideways next to my boat without any tie offs. If I didn't see it, it would have been banging up against my boat in about 10 minutes. Of course the drunk idiot showed up later and said nothing to the fact that I had to move his boat to save both boats. But what do you say to someone that has 6" of water in his boat with a pile floating coors light cans in the bilge :rolleyes:
I refuse to stay at hotels any longer. Only rent homes from board members, which has been great by the way.

socaldj1
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the feedback i guess I'll leave it in the cove and I'll just yank it out at night. I thought about getting a slip in the marina, but doesn't seem necessary. I'd love to leave it in the water so I can take the early morning ski trip.

BajaMike
07-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all the feedback i guess I'll leave it in the cove and I'll just yank it out at night. I thought about getting a slip in the marina, but doesn't seem necessary. I'd love to leave it in the water so I can take the early morning ski trip.
A slip in the marina....I think there's about a 20 year waiting list.... :cry:

2Driver
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Leave it in, just anchor for wind, toss out some bumpers and if you have a mooring or cockpit cover toss them on. Take valuables off the boat and you should sleep ok. I don't think your boat being in that parking lot behind the rooms is safer.
Geez I wonder what others on the boards that are not from the west coast think about all this BS and Havasu?