PDA

View Full Version : Howard starts tomorrow morning!!

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 12:29 PM
...It's the big first day of the new Howard Stern show on Sirius, 6am EST and 6am PST channel 100 & 101. Can't wait, I may even turn it on @ 3am our time to catch the first show live :) :D

tcook33
01-08-2006, 12:42 PM
...It's the big first day of the new Howard Stern show on Sirius, 6am EST and 6am PST channel 101 & 102. Can't wait, I may even turn it on @ 3am our time to catch the first show live :) :D
Can't wait. Just got Sirius put in my truck and the home unit also....fianally.
You got the numbers on Howards contract? I also heard he just got a bunch more $$ for all the new subscribtions....

Phat Matt
01-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Can't wait. Just got Sirius put in my truck and the home unit also....fianally.
You got the numbers on Howards contract? I also heard he just got a bunch more $$ for all the new subscribtions....
He just got stock worth about $200 million.

tcook33
01-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Wow....
What were his numbers on the contract back when he signed...

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Wow....
What were his numbers on the contract back when he signed...
$500 million, for the entire show for 5 years :220v:

ROZ
01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
wonder how soon he an exercise those options... :D

tcook33
01-08-2006, 12:48 PM
$500 million, for the entire show for 5 years :220v:
That's unreal......100 mil a year... :cool:
Tiger aint got shit on Howard... :yuk:

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
That's unreal......100 mil a year... :cool:
Tiger aint got shit on Howard... :yuk:
Howard told Sirius he would bring the 1 million subscribers they said they needed to cover his contract...they ended up with about 2.2 million new subscriptions for the '05 year end so he got like 34+million shares worth of options, close to $220 million value today :eek:

tcook33
01-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Howard told Sirius he would bring the 1 million subscribers they said they needed to cover his contract...they ended up with about 2.2 million for the '05 year end so he got like 34+million shares worth of options, close to $220 million value today :eek:
The guy is a genius.....how can anyone hate him... :220v:

Wet Dream
01-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I also heard he just got a bunch more $$ for all the new subscribtions....
Where the hell did you hear this? All the new subscriptions? Yes, they jumped up, but Hoo Hoo Howie had over 10,000,000 listeners on broadcast radio, and he hasn't come close to adding 250,000 subs for his show. In the first few months, he only added 69,000.

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Where the hell did you hear this? All the new subscriptions? Yes, they jumped up, but Hoo Hoo Howie had over 10,000,000 listeners on broadcast radio, and he hasn't come close to adding 250,000 subs for his show. In the first few months, he only added 69,000.
..bro, check your stats again...they hit the 1 million new user mark early in the year.. Sirius subscribership is up to 3.3 million compared to 1.1 at the end of year '04.

essexjet
01-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Thats what Doug and Gianna got :D :D

tcook33
01-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Where the hell did you hear this?
Real easy.....the internet bud...
Howard Stern makes his Sirius Satellite Radio debut Monday, but already he is in line to receive 34 million shares of Sirius stock -- worth about $220 million -- because the company met targets for new subscriptions under its 2004 deal with the shock jock. Sirius finished 2005 with more than 3.3 million subscribers, compared with 1.1 million at the end of '04. At the time Sirius signed Stern, the 34 million shares were worth about $100 million, but the value has roughly doubled.
Uh oh.....think before you type I guess...... :yuk:

Dean Machine
01-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I have dish network satellite with Sirius Music. Anyone know If I can get it through the dish network set up?

Ultrafied
01-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Did any of you listen to him Friday. Him and the crew were "testing" the new facilities. It was funny.

HighRoller
01-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Yes, he did sign a 500 million dollar contract, but that's only half of the story. He is responsible for ALL of the expenses incurred for the show. Basically they are treating him like an independant contractor instead of an employee. It will be interesting to see how much he ends up paying out. Sirius might have gained a couple million listeners short term, but you can't get around the fact that Stern's audience is declining steadily. Just being able to describe a woman's genitals in full detail without censorship isn't going to save him.

tcook33
01-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Yes, he did sign a 500 million dollar contract, but that's only half of the story. He is responsible for ALL of the expenses incurred for the show. Basically they are treating him like an independant contractor instead of an employee. It will be interesting to see how much he ends up paying out. Sirius might have gained a couple million listeners short term, but you can't get around the fact that Stern's audience is declining steadily. Just being able to describe a woman's genitals in full detail without censorship isn't going to save him.
Interesting.....

mondorally
01-08-2006, 05:45 PM
...It's the big first day of the new Howard Stern show on Sirius, 6am EST and 6am PST channel 101 & 102. Can't wait, I may even turn it on @ 3am our time to catch the first show live :) :D
Thanks for the reminder. Just got back from Radio Shack - All ready to go!
Justin

tcook33
01-08-2006, 06:17 PM
actually howard's two (2) channels are "100 & 101" - howard 100 & howard 101 - keyes
Get yer shi t straight Chris......geez.

JetBoatRich
01-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Makes me glad I have XM :argue:

tcook33
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Makes me glad I have XM :argue:
Pretty soon Sirius will buy XM and have the market in a chokehold and Howard will be broadcast over both stations........then everyone will be in trouble and Howard will rule the world...... :p

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Get yer shi t straight Chris......geez.
..cheese n rice, my first post mentions both channels :rolleyes:

FHI-prez
01-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I think Howard will prove to be more entertaining when he was censored. I also think that Sirius listeners will soon learn that there are actually better programs on Sirius than Howard. He was only funny on radio before because he was willing to say what no one else had the balls to say. I think satellite radio is great, I love listening to what I want, but Howard won't be it. The funniest stuff Howard ever did was when he was trying to duck censors and get away with as much as he could. Now it's just going to be an influx of strippers shoving midgets up their asses probably, should be funny for a few minutes anyway.
I guess it goes back to leaving something to the imagination I suppose. Like the Adam Sandler song "piece of shit car", that song is hilarious with all the bleeps and horns in it, uncensored....well, it just kinda sucks. Howard will probably fade into mediocraty inside of 5-10 years.

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
..do you really think his audience listenership really matters at this point?? Think about how much the whole show actually was costing per year, do you think it was anywhere close to $100 million...I highly doubt it was even close to 25% of that. I would say he made the best decision on a business level and was very smart. He has said from the very beginning, he ain't doing it so he can say every curse word there is in every sentence but it got to the point where hundreds of stations were chopping his show up into pieces. Censorship just reached unreasonable boundaries in this country and he made a great statement by leaving radio, IMO of course :)

JetBoatRich
01-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Pretty soon Sirius will buy XM and have the market in a chokehold and Howard will be broadcast over both stations........then everyone will be in trouble and Howard will rule the world...... :p
LMAO
:yuk: :yuk:

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
"listenership" - nice one, "don king", now you're making up words :boxed: - keyes
...oh fock, now we have a retard trying to correct someone else's post again :rolleyes:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=listenership
Do you need that link sent to you in sign language??

al cole'holic
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
whoa brother, retard ?? i'm not the one who said "listenership" - notice the square smile after my comment - easy there sparky, remove your sensitive slippers bro - :rolleyes:
...hey it's Sunday night and I am posting on the forums, I don't need some dude bra shaka bro (insert hang loose gesture here) from Oceanside calling me "don king" with made up words that appear in the dictionary :mad:

tcook33
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
...hey it's Sunday night and I am posting on the forums, I don't need some dude bra shaka bro (insert hang loose gesture here) from Oceanside calling me "don king" with made up words that appear in the dictionary :mad:
HAHA....this is funny.
You kinda look like Don King though....

tcook33
01-08-2006, 08:57 PM
a "hang loose" gesture would be a cool insert now wouldn't it :cool: . don;t start baggin on city limits now valley boy. just take your word (which is not used everyday or year, and heaven forbid, anyone ???? it) and it's critisism and chill out - f uck, :cool: have a good sunday night "chief", "captian", "doctor", "mister" .... - :rolleyes: keyes
Hey, I'm a valley boy too. Watch out. I used to live in San Clemente though. Can I be both your friends?? :D
A word....is a word....regardless....you know??

Phat Matt
01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Thats what Doug and Gianna got :D :D
That's what we told them and they bought it. :D

Phat Matt
01-08-2006, 11:01 PM
His audience declined by default. He was taken off stations who had contracts with him. A lot of those stations suffered when they lost his morning show. He made those stations millions of dollars. They will now have to find a way to replace him. They will have a tough battle ahead of them.

HighRoller
01-09-2006, 01:36 AM
..do you really think his audience listenership really matters at this point?? Think about how much the whole show actually was costing per year, do you think it was anywhere close to $100 million...I highly doubt it was even close to 25% of that. I would say he made the best decision on a business level and was very smart. He has said from the very beginning, he ain't doing it so he can say every curse word there is in every sentence but it got to the point where hundreds of stations were chopping his show up into pieces. Censorship just reached unreasonable boundaries in this country and he made a great statement by leaving radio, IMO of course :)
The funny thing is that nothing changed as far as the laws. Only the enforcement changed and required those who broadcast to stick to standards that have been on the books for years. Those who say the government has suddenly decided to "censor" people are misled. Just because people were allowed to play fast and loose for a while doesn't mean the laws went away.

dmontzsta
01-09-2006, 07:29 AM
I still do not have sirius. I keep telling myself I am going to do it, but never execute it. I was really hoping to hear the first show too. :boxed:

HammerDown
01-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Nope no Howard for me. I did listen to him here in Phily since 84 but towards the end he just did the same thing over and over, plus I ain't about to pay for (radio).
David Lee Roth and FREE FM is fine for me.

Phat Matt
01-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I didn't get to listen this morning but I have been listening to the replay tonight. I still like it. :)

gqchris
01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
BUHAHAHAHHHAHAHA!!!!! I just found my new sig line!!!

Wet Dream
01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
You don't really believe your own bullshit, do you?

Ultrafied
01-10-2006, 05:12 AM
I believe that if Howard is a hit, Sirius will be in a position to buy XM. Forever, it has been XM teetering on buying Sirius because of their market share. As of last year, that was not the case. Sirius picked up the auto manufacturer like XM and with big name draw like Howard, it may put Sirius over the top. Of course, it could put the last nail in the coffin too. :D

tcook33
01-10-2006, 06:09 AM
and he hasn't come close to adding 250,000 subs for his show. In the first few months, he only added 69,000.
Bullshit kinda like this? Looks like I got an OPINION that could come true...who knows? Time will tell...
As opposed to this BULLSHIT you got called out on that you never responded to. Seems to me your a Howard hater. Maybe you should just stay outta this thread if you got nothing nice to say....The truth hurts, probably something you've been told your whole life......

FMluvswater
02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
FREE FM is fine for me.
Free? :eek: All this time I thought I was getting paid. :(
Your http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/HDforever.gif forever :D ,
~FM :smile: