PDA

View Full Version : Turn Out The Lights The Parties Over!

missspent
07-13-2006, 09:53 AM
July 12, 2006...yes..believe it or not Channel 10 (Fox News) in Phoenix made this remark..."Turn Out The Lights The Parties Over"...Lake Havasu is shutting down the channel....They will be enforcing all of their new ordiances...Wow! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. The city council has decided that there just too much "Rif Raf" in the channel so the only way to control it was
to place ordiances related to illicited behavior (whatever that means?), mooring (15 ft apart) and on-and-on. I say these people need to get a life. Do they not understand that the channel IS Lake Havasu. Without the channel you might as well be anywhere USA on any lake? I sometimes wonder what are people in leadership think...oh yea! The aren't think...hence the fact they are in leadership....If you have any comments please respond, as I am out of words...I am just flabbergasted!
View This Site To See Your Favorite Channel Shots
http://www.lakehavasucityinformation.com

kanedog
07-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Exercize your right to vote......................them out on their azzez..........elections coming up soon in Havasu

Sleek-Jet
07-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Exercize your right to vote......................them out on their azzez..........elections coming up soon in Havasu
It's just easier to bitch on the internet about it... :idea: :idea:

Hardly Satisfied
07-13-2006, 10:22 AM
July 12, 2006...yes..believe it or not Channel 10 (Fox News) in Phoenix made this remark..."Turn Out The Lights The Parties Over"...Lake Havasu is shutting down the channel....They will be enforcing all of their new ordiances...Wow! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. The city council has decided that there just too much "Rif Raf" in the channel so the only way to control it was
to place ordiances related to illicited behavior (whatever that means?), mooring (15 ft apart) and on-and-on. I say these people need to get a life. Do they not understand that the channel IS Lake Havasu. Without the channel you might as well be anywhere USA on any lake? I sometimes wonder what are people in leadership think...oh yea! The aren't think...hence the fact they are in leadership....If you have any comments please respond, as I am out of words...I am just flabbergasted!
http//www.lakehavasucityinformation.com
That is crazy. We should all hang out between the Dam and Topock and stay out ofthe Channel. Than the Owners can put some pressure on the city to ease up on things. Not trying to screw the shop owners but the city might see there point

Kilrtoy
07-13-2006, 10:37 AM
That is LHC way of spreading education about safe boating. :boxed:

chub
07-13-2006, 10:40 AM
That is crazy. We should all hang out between the Dam and Topock and stay out ofthe Channel. Than the Owners can put some pressure on the city to ease up on things. Not trying to screw the shop owners but the city might see there point
I think you all should hang out between Parker dam and the channel. :p

Wicky
07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I guess it isn't "All about the money," after all.
It's about tranquillity and bird watching.
I heard there is going to be a new sailing school set up on even days of the week where power boats will no longer be allowed on the lake during that time. Power boats will only be allowed on odd days.
Long live the ingnorant. Oh, I guess that would be me.
Doh,
Wicky

Wicky
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
And I came soooooo effing close to starting a business in the channel. Whew!!!!!
Talk about bad business!!!
What a bunch of do do ca ca heads in the city council.
Long live Mead and Mojave. They'll be getting some of my cash in the future.
Mow,
Wicky

riverracerx
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Wait till they pass a speed limit! :rolleyes:

USCFAN
07-13-2006, 10:57 AM
As crazy as that sounds, from the looks of things it may not be that far off.

Boatcop
07-13-2006, 11:09 AM
"THEY" already have a speed limit.
Lake Havasu City only controls the Channel, Thompson Bay, and Site Six Harbor.
All those areas are "NO WAKE".

Wicky
07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Lake Havasu City only controls the Channel, Thompson Bay, and Site Six Harbor.
All those areas are "NO WAKE".
My boat puts out less wake at 98mph than 99% of all other monster tuna boats do at idle in the "no wake zone". Things that make you go "hmmmmmm."
I don't think the judge would buy it. What do you think BC???

Havasu_Dreamin
07-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Sounds like bad reporting to me as I have not seen anything, other than what was posted above, saying that the channel will be closed.

Jbb
07-13-2006, 11:58 AM
channel shot....
http://www.lakehavasucityinformation.com/channeljune24one.gif

shueman
07-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds like bad reporting to me as I have not seen anything, other than what was posted above, saying that the channel will be closed.
More like a news teaser to get you to stay around and watch their commericals... :crossx:

riverracerx
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I mean "they" as in the AZ. legislature governing all state lakes.
I am talking about the restrictions on CA. lakes of 35mph everywhere. That is why most drive the 5 hours to Havasu to boat there. I don't think someone with a new 32' DCB with Ilmor's wants to putt around at 35?
I am fine with the no wake zone, I love watching the a-holes speed out of the Marina and get busted. The :) goes to :( real fast when they see the flashing lights.

havaduner
07-13-2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.lakehavasucityinformation.com
Ya know, I must not be the "average" hot boater. I spent a ton of money on a boat that goes fast and handles well on a good portion of Havasu and the river, when all I really needed was something to get me in the channel for the day. Man did I screw up!
Seems to me, when the CA noise laws came up, everybody bitched and moaned, and then it was like "Oh, well", then when talk of speed limits comes up, its like "oh, well it has to happen eventually" but everybody sure gets up in arms over a 3/4 mile stretch of canal on a 21 mile lake. I've been in the channel, seen just about everthing that can happen there going on.. It's not why I go to Havasu. As far as the businesses in the channel, thier are several I would like to visit, but anymore, theres no place to park in the channel anyways, so I cant give them any business even when I want to. Nothing they do to regulate what goes on in the channel will stop me from going to Havasu.
What am I missing that is so special about the channel?

No Name
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Ya know, I must not be the "average" hot boater. I spent a ton of money on a boat that goes fast and handles well on a good portion of Havasu and the river, when all I really needed was something to get me in the channel for the day. Man did I screw up!
Seems to me, when the CA noise laws came up, everybody bitched and moaned, and then it was like "Oh, well", then when talk of speed limits comes up, its like "oh, well it has to happen eventually" but everybody sure gets up in arms over a 3/4 mile stretch of canal on a 21 mile lake. I've been in the channel, seen just about everthing that can happen there going on.. It's not why I go to Havasu. As far as the businesses in the channel, thier are several I would like to visit, but anymore, theres no place to park in the channel anyways, so I cant give them any business even when I want to. Nothing they do to regulate what goes on in the channel will stop me from going to Havasu.
Don’t you know the channel is the place to be……….. :rolleyes:

Todd969
07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Nothing, just stay on your side of the lake :)

Mardonzi
07-13-2006, 01:51 PM
This might explain the influx of performance boats in our neck of the woods as of late... No over regulation and miles and miles of great water....

lawbreaker2
07-13-2006, 02:15 PM
And I was going to buy a house in havasu and spend lots of money there to, I think I'll just stay here and play in the snow. :rolleyes:

No Name
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
And I was going to buy a house in havasu and spend lots of money there to, I think I'll just stay here and play in the snow. :rolleyes:
I almost bought into that idea also, but I realized the reason I liked it so much was that I was on vacation when I am there. I think it would get old really fast if I was there every day.

Boatcop
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
My boat puts out less wake at 98mph than 99% of all other monster tuna boats do at idle in the "no wake zone". Things that make you go "hmmmmmm."
I don't think the judge would buy it. What do you think BC???
State definition of "No Wake" is a speed in which the vessel does not create a wake, but in no circumstances more than 5 MPH.
I am talking about the restrictions on CA. lakes of 35mph everywhere. That is why most drive the 5 hours to Havasu to boat there. I don't think someone with a new 32' DCB with Ilmor's wants to putt around at 35?
The speed limits on California Lakes are imposed by the entity that controls that particular lake. There is no state law saying that the speed limit on this or that lake is XX MPH.
AZ does have speed limits on certain lakes, and no engine designations on others. Most of those are high country lakes, relatively small and shallow, where you probably couldn't get a power boat of any size onto anyway.
As far as the Colorado River or it's lakes, there are too many controlling interests involved to impose any speed limit. Arizona, Nevada, California, USCG, Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation, Indian Tribes, Bureau of Land Management, etc.
It's a Federal Waterway, and as long as the current "Reasonable and Prudent" provisions of State and Federal Law are responsibly enforced, there would be no need for prima facie speed limits.
The only exception to this, is entire lakes or areas which are under administrative control of a single Agency. Those within the National Recreation Area (National Park Service) and National Wildlife Areas, are just a couple that come to mind.
Heck. The States can't even get on the same page about age of operation. You think they're going to agree on any speed limits?

AzMandella
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Well i think you guy's can only blame yourselves.with everyone's wives and girlfriends dressing like whores and acting like they are in an outdoor strip club while the rest of the guys are getting drunk off their ass.I can't imagine why anyone can't understand why they keep bringing up the behavior in the channel in efforts to clean up the image of their city.That's why I don't go to Havasu.I don't want to have to explain to my 6yr old daughter why women are walking around topless in public.

No Name
07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
with everyone's wives and girlfriends dressing like whores and acting like they are in an outdoor strip club while the rest of the guys are getting drunk off their ass.
Hell yes............... :) :) :)

havaduner
07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Nothing, just stay on your side of the lake :)
As long as my side of the lake goes up to the no wake bouys on the west side of the channel, I can handle that! :p LOL

AzMandella
07-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to offend anyone but look at the cycle of things.I'm no saint by any means but when they started closing the sandbar on major weekends because of peoples behavior and inability to control it then everyone started going to the Channel and started doing the same thing in an area that would be considered more of a family area.Besides there are alot of people who are doing these actions while they leave their kids with relatives so they can behave in this manner.Why don't you do these things in front of your children like they do infront of others children.