PDA

View Full Version : scuba diving this sunday

ultra27jay
07-13-2006, 02:02 PM
anyone here want to go scuba diving this sunday in catlina. just wondering if there was anyone that like to dive. me and my buddy are leaving sun at 715 am on the catlina express. if u want to dive and need a buddy let me know...

SoCalSouthpaw
07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Curious, why wouldnt you want to take your boat? You'd have alot more freedom and choices of places to dive. I have a 26ft cat. Not at all a good boat for diving, but when I do make a trip to catalina on it, Im thinking about taking my dive gear.

ultra27jay
07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Curious, why wouldnt you want to take your boat? You'd have alot more freedom and choices of places to dive. I have a 26ft cat. Not at all a good boat for diving, but when I do make a trip to catalina on it, Im thinking about taking my dive gear.
i would love to but my boat is in havasu at my house. if u want to take your boat lets go im down. where do u live and how often do u dive and what certs do u have....

KACHINA KEN
07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I would like to, I'm just a lil far away.

SoCalSouthpaw
07-13-2006, 03:05 PM
i would love to but my boat is in havasu at my house. if u want to take your boat lets go im down. where do u live and how often do u dive and what certs do u have....
I live in La Mesa just east of downtown SD. I dont usually dive in CA at all - I used to, until I went to the Caymans many years ago. I have an open water cert. I dove catalina once and it was pretty cool. Kelp forests are phenomenal. I'd be a tight fit on my boat. I think if we kept it at 4 heads things would be more manageable. It seats 6. American Offshore 26ftr.

77charger
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I have taken my dads boat out there 3-4 years ago it is fun but you will need someone on the boat at all times for safety reasons.Then you have gas to fill up ,clean,finding a good dive sit(not really hard)and launching VS going on a boat for cheap then taking you to a good dive site then come home jump in car and drive away.This summer if i go it will be a dive boat again.

ultra27jay
07-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I live in La Mesa just east of downtown SD. I dont usually dive in CA at all - I used to, until I went to the Caymans many years ago. I have an open water cert. I dove catalina once and it was pretty cool. Kelp forests are phenomenal. I'd be a tight fit on my boat. I think if we kept it at 4 heads things would be more manageable. It seats 6. American Offshore 26ftr.
cool have u ever dove shipwreck alley in san diego...or the oil rigs

ultra27jay
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I have taken my dads boat out there 3-4 years ago it is fun but you will need someone on the boat at all times for safety reasons.Then you have gas to fill up ,clean,finding a good dive sit(not really hard)and launching VS going on a boat for cheap then taking you to a good dive site then come home jump in car and drive away.This summer if i go it will be a dive boat again.
what are u waiting for summer is half over. when do u want to go ...hit me up..

SoCalOffshore
07-13-2006, 07:07 PM
i would go, but going to gorman to ride the dirt bike. iam rescue certified with 200 dives. the dive park is real nice place to dive. good luck.

ultra27jay
07-13-2006, 07:18 PM
i would go, but going to gorman to ride the dirt bike. iam rescue certified with 200 dives. the dive park is real nice place to dive. good luck.
im also a rescue diver, have fun at gorman it should be in the 100s. anytime u want to dive let me know im down to go anytime and anywhere.

77charger
07-13-2006, 08:16 PM
what are u waiting for summer is half over. when do u want to go ...hit me up..
I need time.I use to go diving 2 times a week now maybe 2-3 times a year.Last 3 years alot of red tide off the coast which makes diving pretty bad this summer has been looking good.I usually do alot of dives in laguna so i am use to 15ft vis(so when i say its bad its BAD.
Was driving thru laguna today and it looked good at cress st had me thinkin thats for sure well at least lobster season is 2-3 months away.Usually dive at heisler(outer reef),cress st(outer reef),moss st,pearl st,crescent bay,deadmans reef