PDA

View Full Version : Spam-motor For Sale

JDB
07-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I have zero knowledge of how to maintain or service a blower motor and I really want to drop a crate motor in my cat.
I dont know much of what I have.....I will tell you what I do know and if anyone wants to make an offer, I'm all ears. The motor has about 40 total hours on it and it was built by Bob Teague. It is a 540 BBC with a super chiller, a B & M Blower, twin holly 850s....dart heads....roller cam and rockers and from what I was told, all the good chit on the lower end. I have no idea of the horsepower or size of blower....I throw off about 6 pounds of boost which drives my 26' cat at 102 GPS.
I have a current problem with the motor.....Im running really rich....I have been told it needs a tune-up or I have a valve going bad......anyway, I'm tired of the maintenance and not knowing if I can make long runs....I simply want to replace this set up with a low-maintenance-put-gas-in-it-and-run-the-piss-out-of-it motor.
I'm NOT looking to make a killing.....just want to get rid of it to help with the new cost of a crate motor.

Daytona100
07-13-2006, 09:18 PM
What about a ball park figure. How much horsepower are you looking for? What about selling the blower setup and putting a carb on the motor. :idea:

JDB
07-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Im looking at the GM 610 HP crate motor......yes, I would sell parts off my motor. I have no idea what a supercharger and chiller is worth used, but I would sell pieces at a time.

x7734x
07-14-2006, 05:04 AM
How much for just the motor? How many hours are on it?

Norseman
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM
I have zero knowledge of how to maintain or service a blower motor and I really want to drop a crate motor in my cat.
I dont know much of what I have.....I will tell you what I do know and if anyone wants to make an offer, I'm all ears. The motor has about 40 total hours on it and it was built by Bob Teague. It is a 540 BBC with a super chiller, a B & M Blower, twin holly 850s....dart heads....roller cam and rockers and from what I was told, all the good chit on the lower end. I have no idea of the horsepower or size of blower....I throw off about 6 pounds of boost which drives my 26' cat at 102 GPS.
I have a current problem with the motor.....Im running really rich....I have been told it needs a tune-up or I have a valve going bad......anyway, I'm tired of the maintenance and not knowing if I can make long runs....I simply want to replace this set up with a low-maintenance-put-gas-in-it-and-run-the-piss-out-of-it motor.
I'm NOT looking to make a killing.....just want to get rid of it to help with the new cost of a crate motor.
IF Teague built it, ask him what he figures it worth.
He should know exactly what it is.

Norseman
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
IF Teague built it, ask him what he figures it worth.
He should know exactly what it is.

Schiada Time
07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
John- That 572 (620hp) GMPP Crate would do quite nicely with a set of good through transom headers behind it. By the way I got my 502 and am working on re-wiring and plumbing the Schiada. Hoping to be ready for Labor day as the transom is all done and all I have to do is re-cut the holes, re-hang the plates, re-wire it, drop the motor in and re-install interior. I am still interested in the biz venture and am working with Kimmie to get the study materials. Hope all is well.
Trav