PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a IMCO powerflow manifold....urgent!

havasurat27
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I am looking to the hot boaters here to see if anyone knows anyone that may be able to get their hands on the older style IMCO powerflow exhaust manifold for a BBC. I have discovered a cracked water jacket in mine and if I cannot find a replacement then I will be forced to buy a new style set which will not work with my risers. BIG BUCKS for a small issue. The old style has a rectangular flange at the riser with two round water jackets. Any help finding this part would be greatly appreciated.

Lightning
07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
If all else fails, ask IMCO....I'd be surprised if IMCO didn't have one of these laying around somewhere..

havasurat27
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
If all else fails, ask IMCO....I'd be surprised if IMCO didn't have one of these laying around somewhere..
IMCO does have it but not cheap. It will keep the "Break Out Another Thousand" saying alive though! Hoping to possibly find a used one.

plaster dave
07-14-2006, 09:43 AM
I am looking to the hot boaters here to see if anyone knows anyone that may be able to get their hands on the older style IMCO powerflow exhaust manifold for a BBC. I have discovered a cracked water jacket in mine and if I cannot find a replacement then I will be forced to buy a new style set which will not work with my risers. BIG BUCKS for a small issue. The old style has a rectangular flange at the riser with two round water jackets. Any help finding this part would be greatly appreciated.
Can you have someone weld it?

GoCiggie31
07-14-2006, 09:50 AM
I have a set, but one is cracked.
They are the rec gasket with two water fittings port/stern next to rectangular gasket. I think it may be the new one as water is fed from the bottom and also the riser-there is no hose connection from maniforld to riser like the very early ones.
let me know I I can send a pic.

havasurat27
07-14-2006, 10:03 AM
They are the rec gasket with two water fittings port/stern next to rectangular gasket. I think it may be the new one as water is fed from the bottom and also the riser-there is no hose connection from maniforld to riser like the very early ones.
Send a pic if possible....Thanks.

havasurat27
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
The one I need is the starboard side.........Here is a pic of the port side for reference. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3502Courtyard_plaque_034.jpg

ChumpChange
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
On a bright note, at least you won't have to pay for shipping if you buy another from IMCO.

havasurat27
07-14-2006, 10:47 AM
You would think that I would qualify for a local discount huh.

burtandnancy
07-14-2006, 12:15 PM
I just found a pair for a friend, but he changed his mind. They are at John Coogans, Montclair on Arrow Highway (my mind has drawn a blank, can't remember the name of his marine shop). You may know him...

havasurat27
07-14-2006, 01:24 PM
I just found a pair for a friend, but he changed his mind. They are at John Coogans, Montclair on Arrow Highway (my mind has drawn a blank, can't remember the name of his marine shop). You may know him...
I don't....but where on Arrow Hwy and I will drop in to see them.
Thanks

burtandnancy
07-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Just remembered; Concept Marine...

GoCiggie31
07-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Send a pic if possible....Thanks.
here is a pic of the fried manifold. If the pattern is what ya need, p.m. me

GoCiggie31
07-15-2006, 10:29 AM
My starboard side looks good, port side was melted.
I think they are interchangable. It is black not polished.
If still interested, please advise.
Good luck