PDA

View Full Version : Bombs in the sandbox

Lightning
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
It's always interesting to me how someone dropping bombs in the middle of a sandbox on the other side of the world has such a huge impact on us. Buy low, sell high - can't wait for the market to pop upwards next week.

Froggystyle
07-14-2006, 10:09 AM
can't wait for the market to pop upwards week.
Is this code?
I think what is going on is great. Palestinians needed an ass kicking by someone other than us.

2Driver
07-14-2006, 10:22 AM
For starters...
The US backs Israel and Russia does not support the latest attacks by Israel on Lebonon and Hizbollah. Not good to be back at odds with Russia since they have a $hit pile of nukes and a ton of oil.
Iran backs ($) Hizbollah in the fight against Israel and if it isn't going well they could step in to fight Israel who we support. Remember Iran the guys with the nuke goal and the oil we buy?
Oil is at or almost at $80/barrel which will add to inflation, which will add to interest rates increases, which will pull money out of the market. Also the fear and emotion factors on the market have just as big a play.
All this doesn't even inlcude North Korea and China and the record Global demans for oil. Happy Friday huh?

EmpirE231
07-14-2006, 11:53 AM
the attacks isreal has done in lebanon in the last few days is ridiculous... and the US supports them.... they need to declare a cease fire.... over 50 civilians dead so far in 2 days... many of them just children... and pretty much already destroyed most of lebanons infastructure... and all of that over Hizbollah.... :mad:

SoCalSouthpaw
07-14-2006, 12:11 PM
the attacks isreal has done in lebanon in the last few days is ridiculous... :mad:
I've got one thing to say;
The phukin Palestinian militants who kidnapped the Isreali soldier shouldve thought twice about it. Because, to the best of my limited knowledge of that region, things were going ok between the two territories leading up to the kidnapping.
Ok, maybe two things to say;
Its too bad the US doesnt respond with such vegence when one of our own is kidnapped or abducted. The World would be thinking twice about bringing the thunder we are capable of.

core attitude
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
and all of that over Hizbollah.... :mad:
Ya......they're nobody. Remember TWA flight 847? How about the 200 Marines killed in Beirut or the bombing of the Israeli Embassy and the Jewish community center? Being that they oppose the west, wouldn't you rather have someone else take them on for us (meaning Westerners) then send our troops? Isreal has an active reason to do it, so they will. They're policy has always been, hit me once and I'll hit you twice, Hezbollah knew this going in.

Seadog
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
The Israelis are going after the sheik that leads Hezbollah and is responsible for these raids. This slug has the goal of being the Che of the Middle East. Once Syria and Iran had power over him, but lately he has been ignoring his masters.
He is very much aware of his target. He knows that a small country like Israel is very close knit. You kidnap a young man, and a large part of the country knows him. These were diliberate raids undertaken with the sole goal to kidnap soldiers. The Israeli know that they will try to transport these prisoners to Iran where they cannot be retrieved. If our troops had been kidnapped under the same circumstances, we would do the same thing. However, when our troops are kidnapped, we do not have the luxury of knowing where our enemy is in enough numbers to kill more of them than civilians.