PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is up with Deb's yes and no..?

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:25 PM
I keep seeing Debbolas posting a yes or no to almost every post....I know Deb has been off her post count...but....? Some weird system hiccup??? :)

topless
07-14-2006, 02:26 PM
No :crossx:

76ANTHONY
07-14-2006, 02:26 PM
I keep seeing Debbolas posting a yes or no to almost every post....I know Deb has been off her post count...but....? Some weird system hiccup??? :)
shes pumpin up the post count... :crossx:

76ANTHONY
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
yes :rolleyes: :)

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey Topless....I was sure Jordy would beat you to that.... :crossx: :crossx:

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:28 PM
no
:skull:
I'm trying to "own the board"
back in the day, we use to post and try to get our name on all the threads in the first page of the sandbar.....
Frenchie would do the whole forum

FMluvswater
in her words she's "pulling a Frenchie" :skull: since the site is about to go down

76ANTHONY
no
back in the day, we use to post and try to get our name on all the threads in the first page of the sandbar.....
not gonna happen... :crossx:

topless
Hey Topless....I was sure Jordy would beat you to that.... :crossx: :crossx:No, :crossx: :crossx:

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:29 PM
I got half of it
:D
We use to do it late at night when there were only 5 or 6 people awake

76ANTHONY
07-14-2006, 02:29 PM
I got half of it
We use to do it late at night when there were only 5 or 6 people awake
no :rollside:

topless
07-14-2006, 02:30 PM
My post count sure went up since last nights BBQ. :idea:

Debbolas
yes

That Guy
No, :crossx: :crossx:
Alright...I am now going to catch you in post count....yes :crossx: no :crossx: yes :crossx: no :crossx:
Only 9000 more to go... :p

TRUMP TIGHT
what

76ANTHONY
07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
My post count sure went up since last nights BBQ. :idea:
:D :D :D :D

TRUMP TIGHT
07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
is

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
yes

topless
07-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Alright...I am now going to catch you in post count....yes :crossx: no :crossx: yes :crossx: no :crossx:
Only 9000 more to go... :pyou better hurry before the site goes down. :skull:

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:33 PM
yes
Alright Deb....go for it.....nice to see you back :)

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:34 PM
It keeps pausing, I think it's going down
:cry:

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
you better hurry before the site goes down. :skull:
no, yes, no, yes, no, yes.....I'm now tired and will need to stop and have a ketel one and rockstar to reenergize myself :crossx:

Cheap Thrills
HU ?
C.T. :wink:

Debbolas
I'll have one

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:36 PM
I'll have one
Coming right up....anyone else?

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:36 PM
me

topless
07-14-2006, 02:37 PM
no, yes, no, yes, no, yes.....I'm now tired and will need to stop and have a ketel one and rockstar to reenergize myself :crossx:
It's always fun to read your posts the day after the drunk posting.

TRUMP TIGHT
winning

Debbolas
take me to the river and I will stop

topless
07-14-2006, 02:39 PM
take me to the river and I will stop
:skull:You need to be sure to take someone with a jetski just in case...........well you know.

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
oh,
your a funny gal :p :p

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
You need to be sure to take someone with a jetski just in case...........well you know.
Made me spit coke all over my computer...lmao :crossx:

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:41 PM
was there any vodka in it?

That Guy
07-14-2006, 02:42 PM
was there any vodka in it?
Work frowns on that....uptight jack asses :skull: :crossx:

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:42 PM
DAM THE MAN!!

TRUMP TIGHT
07-14-2006, 02:43 PM
mine

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:43 PM
fine

TRUMP TIGHT
07-14-2006, 02:44 PM
iiiimmmm sssllllloooooowwwwwiiiiiinnnnngggggg ddddddooooowwwwwnnnnnnn

Bense468
she is very annoying.

Not So Fast
Maybe this is why it's the end, pyscho babble :mad: NSF

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:45 PM
It's terrible when you stutter

No Name
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM
no
That’s cheating. :mad: :D

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Do you think I could "break" ***boat by doing this?
It's taking a lot of time to load the pages
I better stop

AirtimeLavey
07-14-2006, 02:48 PM
You need to be sure to take someone with a jetski just in case...........well you know.
LMAO...(WITH you of course, Deb, not at your misfortune). :D

Devil's Advocate
07-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes. :)

No Name
07-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Do you think I could "break" ***boat by doing this?
It's taking a lot of time to load the pages
I better stop
No. :)

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
FINE!
I'm going to the river
ALL BY MYSELF, WITH MY DOGS AND MY BOAT AND NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!
:skull: :skull:
and I won't run out of gas!! :rolleyes:

Cheap Thrills
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
I wanna GOooooooooo :cry:

FMluvswater
FINE!
I'm going to the river
ALL BY MYSELF, WITH MY DOGS AND MY BOAT AND NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!
:skull: :skull:
and I won't run out of gas!! :rolleyes:
and what says Scream about this plan? :idea: :D

riverracerx
Yes!

Debbolas
no

Cheap Thrills
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ? :cry:

Devil's Advocate
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
No. :D

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:57 PM
yes

Cheap Thrills
07-14-2006, 02:58 PM
YAYyyyy * Does a happy dance*

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:59 PM
do you have happy feet?

Ziggy
07-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Wanted to say something meaningful.........just can't think of anything.

Cheap Thrills
07-14-2006, 03:01 PM
do you have happy feet?
Dunno , lemme ask em . * Feet , are you happy ? ..... Feet says yes we be happy weeeeeeeee...

That Guy
07-14-2006, 03:02 PM
and what says Scream about this plan? :idea: :D
I think I heard him yell Bye...... :p

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:02 PM
On the sunny side of the street

FMluvswater
07-14-2006, 03:26 PM
I think I heard him yell Bye...... :p
uh oh :220v: LOL! :skull: :D

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Scream is out of town :cry:

76ANTHONY
07-14-2006, 03:28 PM
this is crazy

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:30 PM
but fun

FMluvswater
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Scream is out of town :cry:
awww :squiggle:

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:33 PM
take a picture
take a picture

core attitude
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Gloria Steinem is heroine. When she was little, Gloria lived with her crazy mother. Gloria went to graduate from Smith College, and then she moved to India to study. While she was in India, she realizes just how much females were discriminated against. In India it was much worse than the USA… but still. When she came back to the United States, She became a journalist. She started the Ms. Magazine, which looks issues from a feminist point of view. Gloria Steinem made the way for independent women and made
her point known to America.
Gloria Steinem was born March 25, 1934 to Ruth and Leo Steinem. Leo was from a well known family in Toledo, Ohio; his dad was good at his trades and his mother was a pioneer in the women's suffrage movement. Leo’s mother helped write Ohio's first juvenile court laws, she even made a high school and was the first woman on the Toledo Board of Education. Leo’s mothers love for work, however, didn’t rub off on her son. Gloria's mother, Ruth, was the daughter of a railroad engineer and a teacher. Growing up in Toledo, Ruth worked hard for her scholar. Ruth became a respected newspaper writer.
When Gloria was born, Ruth had stopped working and was taken to the hospital for a nervous breakdown. During the winter, the Steinem family traveled, buying and selling antiques and Ruth tutored Gloria and her little sister. The rest of the year, they lived at a resort in Michigan that Leo, her dad, had built in hopes that it would attract big bands. Here, a cigarette girl taught Gloria to tap dance, fueling her dream of becoming a dancer (Rockette).
When World War II started, the resort closed and Ruth became more and more depressed. With her dad gone and her little sister at college, Gloria cared for her mother by herself. To make some money, Gloria put her dance lessons to use and danced everywhere, doing several jobs. These early years taught her independence and the ability to handle doubt.
Gloria went to Smith College, a female counterpart to the (literally) all-male Ivy League schools. When Ruth found out that her daughter had been accepted, she sold her house to help pay for tuition. Ruth was determined to give her daughter Gloria the college experience she'd never had. Gloria majored in government and spent her junior year in Switzerland studying European politics.
Gloria later accepted a two-year, post-graduate fellowship in India. Right before leaving, Gloria found out she was pregnant. Since abortions were illegal in the United States, she went to England. In the end, Gloria found out for herself how women felt about unwanted pregnancies, which led her to organize women's right to control their bodies. (The movement later made abortions legal, because people figured that women would be more likely to live if the abortions were able to be done in a hospital with a doctor, not in back alleys with untrained persons.)
In India, Gloria took classes in New Delhi and Calcutta, but then she decided that she could learn more by experiencing India firsthand. She became active in Indian politics and traveled the country. Involved in the Bhoodan (land gift movement), Gloria walked all over India, protesting the landlord-tenant system. During the years that Gloria spent in India studying and being an activist, Gloria also wrote for Indian newspapers and created a guidebook for the government whose purpose was to encourage more American students and professors to study there. Gloria later and very reluctantly returned home in 1958.
In the 1970s, a new era of feminism came over the country… Gloria Steinem as the activist leader. Gloria believed that men and women should be treated equally, just the same as whites and blacks were regarded as equals under the law. Gloria supported the Equal Rights Amendment, which stated that women could not be discriminated against because of their sex. She also was a pro-choice (abortion rights) representative, believing that women should be able to decide what's best for their bodies. During this decade, Gloria organized the largest women's-rights demonstration in American history: the Women's Strike for Equality. Across the country, rallies, marches, pickets, sit-ins and lectures. Even after all this and when women finally won the right to vote, it seemed that the nation was still dazed. In 1971, Gloria started the National Women's Political Caucus (or group), an organization that encouraged women to run for political office, and the Women's Action Alliance, supporting feminist projects.
Gloria created a newsletter for the WAA, titled Ms. Magazine, the first national feminist magazine since Susan B. Anthony edited Revolution. It talked about women's problems such as working or managing a home, relationships with husbands, medical or sexual issues, and getting an education. There were NO fashion pages, recipes OR make-up tips were included.
The idea that women should be treated as equals to men dazzled the American nation, both men and women. Gloria Steinem is possibly the most outstanding activist in the Women's Rights movement of the twentieth century. Women were given the “green light” to demand equal pay for equal work. Men were encouraged to participate in family life, from caring for children to cooking and cleaning. Women were no longer viewed as needing a man for survival; they could stand on their own. These ideas were popularized in Ms. Magazine, and as an intellectual, outspoken, and attractive woman, Gloria Steinman actually showed her ideas, she worked and helped with every one of them.
There is much to respect about Gloria Steinem. She stood up for what she believed in and did what few people (women) even considered, by making a national feminist magazine. From her chaotic childhood in Ohio to her studies in India, Gloria is and always will been a leader. She is an American representation in every sense.
Life into Orbit
When you know you’re about to do something perilous, you usually have something or some one do it before you to know if it is safe or not. This is the story of how we, the human race, were able to go into orbit: because of the sacrifice of animals such as dogs, monkeys etc., who went before us to test our outer space and orbit experiments.
The first animal ever put into orbit was a dog-named Laika, which means Barker in Russian. She was sent in the rocket, Sputnik 2. There were life supports and other essentials for a living breathing animal on board. Even though the craft didn’t make it far and was lost in space after a couple of days, Laika and Sputnik two are still remembered today. Laika for her set example that a living being could be sent onto orbit and Sputnik as a building block for other spacecrafts for the future.
The USA named Laika, Muttnik and soon after Muttnik captured the hearts of many citizens. Her batteries for life support ran out, and later Sputnik 2 fell out of orbit and burned on April 14, 1958. There is even a monument in Star City out side of Moscow, erected just for her! (I realize this isn’t in the 60’s but it’s a building block!)
There were many dogs like Laika, all sent into outer space. Some came back and others didn’t. Here is a small list of their names: Bars (Panther or Lynx), Lisichka ( Little Fox), Belka (Squirrel), Strelka (Little Arrow), Pchelka (Little Bee), Mushka (Little Fly), Damka (Little Lady), Krasavka (Beauty), Chernushka (Blackie), Zvezdochka (Little Star),
Verterok or Veterok (Little Wind) and Ugolyok or Ugolek (Little Piece of Coal). Laika, Bars, Lisichka, Pchelka, and Mushka were the dogs that died during their orbit.
These dogs and many more animals including cats, frogs, chimpanzees, monkeys, rats, mice and plants were all used in experimentation for our own good. They were all used and not all survived. They became building blocks for the worlds to send human beings into orbit. Alan Shepard was the first male American to be launched into orbit. Even on a 15 minute flight of less than one orbit in the Mercury capsule Freedom 7 May 5, 1961; It was still a great experience for the USA to finally be able to say, “Hey we’ve been there too!”
There was a conflict for women to go into orbit, Jerrie Cobb a male part of the Mercury 13 craft complained to congress that NASA wasn’t giving women equal rights to go into orbit. Space hero John Glenn even talked to congress and said that the space agency wasn’t following the nations “social order”, when NASA wouldn’t allow women to fly.
In the end, the race to get the first man into space really just help us build more efficient flight machines, and to discover our universe. We learned more about space, and the worlds in it. We became more adapted, for we learned a very important thing… people could live off our Earth. If our all of a sudden our planet just died, we’re prepared to go live on the moon, or some where else.
The Arms Race
The nuclear arms race started during World War II when the United States were told that the Nazi's could possibly be building a weapon of mass destruction… the atom bomb. The United States, realizing that if the Nazi's could possibly even, with a tiny amount of possibility, make this weapon would be making them unstoppable. So the US, not liking to be held one step below any one started their own nuclear weapons program, called the Manhattan Project. The U.S. won the first nuclear arms race when they tested the first nuclear weapon on the Alamogordo Bombing Range in New Mexico on July 16, 1945.
The modern nuclear arms race, that is the race between the US, under Harry Truman, and the USSR (Russians), under Joseph Stalin, began in 1946, when the American representative of the newly formed United Nations (UN), Bernard Baruch, suggested that nuclear weapons be eliminated. The Russians refused this proposition and the arms race started. From the time between 1946 and 1949, little in the way of advances came for nuclear weapons. Americans were satisfied with their atomic weapons while the Russians were quickly trying to create their own atomic force. They succeeded in August of 1949 with their first nuclear test. The Americans responded to this test with the development of the Hydrogen Bomb Program.
Hydrogen bombs are considered "clean" nuclear weapons, that is they give off little radiation but has a tremendous explosive force. These weapons can be thousands of times more powerful than those dropped on Japan. The US tested its first hydrogen bomb in March of 1954. The bomb was dropped from an American bomber; it literally made a small island in the South Pacific Ocean disappear. The first Soviet thermonuclear test was in 1955, when the USSR dropped their thermonuclear device in Kazakhstan. Since these tests, a neutron bomb has been developed. This weapon has a smaller explosion than the atom and hydrogen bombs, but makes large amounts of penetrating radiation. This weapon, if it were used, would… primarily on a battleground by artillery to take out enemy troop and armor positions, kill the soldiers but cause little damage to equipment.
The focus of the arms race was to develop an effective first strike capability. First strike capability is the ability to effectively disable the enemy's military and political force, making retaliation impossible. Once each side has reached what they saw as an effective first strike capability, the need rise to develop a second strike force. This force would let a nation surprised by a nuclear attack to retaliate with a full nuclear force. The popular belief at the time was that once each side had an effective second strike force, that stability would result as each side would realize the pointlessness of using nuclear weapons, even with their first strike, they would still be hit with the rival nations second strike force. (Like a neatly fit puzzle)
This concept became known as mutually assured destruction. The number of nuclear weapons held by the United States and Russia during the Cold War increased drastically because of the need for a first strike and later a second strike force. The highest numbers of nuclear warheads held by these countries was approximately 12,000 for the USSR and 10,000 by the US. This many nuclear weapons has the potential to destroy life on earth more than 1,500 times over. (Oh my gosh!)
The UN (United Nations) created the Atomic Energy Commission in 1946. Renamed the UN Disarmament Committee in 1952, and later, in 1969, to The Conference of the Committee on Disarmament, it was the first committee to look at issues concerning nuclear weapons and nuclear power. The first productive treaty to come out of this committee came in 1957 when the U.S. and Russia signed an agreement to demilitarize Antarctica and to ban testing of nuclear devices there. In 1963, the first major attempt at limiting the testing of nuclear weapons came into the existence as a treaty was signed banning allexcept underground testing.
Up to this date, almost 20 years after the first nuclear test, nearly 500 nuclear weapons had been tested in the atmosphere as well as countless others in the oceans around the world. Also, in 1963 a "hotline" was set up between the leader of the U.S. and the leader or Russia after the Cuban Missile Crisis. The "hotline" was a direct link between leaders so that rapid communication could be done in the event of a nuclear accident and was also set up to help prevent an accidental nuclear war. In 1967 the U.S. and Russia jointly presented a proposal to the UN Disarmament Committee to try to limit the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Major limitations were put on the testing, development, and deployment of nuclear weapons.
The treaty was signed in 1968 by the five declared nuclear nations, and by 59 non-nuclear states. Some potential nuclear nations, that is, the nations with the capability to develop a nuclear weapons program, did not agree to the terms of this treaty, as it meant giving up an opportunity to become a nuclear power. Argentina, Brazil, India, Israel, and Pakistan did not agree to these terms.
The treaty finally went into effect in 1970. Also presented and signed in 1967 was the Outer Space Treaty, where military installations were forbidden on celestial(space/outer space) bodies as well as in orbit and nuclear weapons were also banned from space. Another small but still important treaty, was the Seabed Arms Control Treaty, it came in 1971 and it banned nuclear weapons from being placed on the ocean floor outside the 12 mile zone of any nation.
In the mid 1970's, a plan, known as the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, was offered to the world's nuclear powers in an attempt to completely stop the testing of nuclear weapons. This plan was canceled by U.S. president Ronald Reagan because of increased tensions with Russia. In 1996, however, the plan once again was offerd and called for 44 nuclear and non-nuclear nations to sign and ratify this treaty for it to become international law. To date, 41 countries have signed the treaty and 26 have ratified it. The ultimate goal of this treaty is the complete elimination of nuclear weapons.
In1991, the Cold War finally ended, and with it, the immediate threat of nuclear war. The arms race, however, was nowhere near over. There has been little in the way of reducing nuclear weapons of stopping weapons testing since the end of the Cold War, and nuclear stockpiles remain in many Russian satellites. Many nations are still trying to build nuclear weapons, and those with them are refusing to disarm. The world is far from safe, but with every new treaty, the arms race is one step closer to completion.
The Berlin Wall
The Berlin Wall, for twenty-eight years, separated friends, families, and a nation. A lot of suffering began for Germany when World War II commenced, but by the end of the war Germany was in the mists of a disaster waiting to happen. After WWII was over Germany was divided into four parts. The United States, Great Britain, and France controlled the three divisions that were formed in the Western half; and the Eastern half was controlled by the Soviet Republic. The Western divisions eventually united to make a federal republic, while the Eastern divisions became communist.
Even though Berlin lay deep within the Soviet sector, the Allies thought it best to divide this capital. Therefore Berlin was also divided into four parts. The Soviet Union was in control of the eastern half of Germany. The Soviet Union made East Berlin the capital of East Germany. The other three counties were each in control of a small part of what was to be West Germany. These three countries decided that they would come together to form one country out of their three divided parts. Those three divided parts formed West Germany.
After all the land was divided the Soviet Union controlled East Germany. Just like the Soviet Union, the economy in East Germany was struggling to get back on its feet after the war. While West Berlin became a lively urban area like many American cities, East Berlin became what many thought of as a ‘Mini-Moscow’. In East Germany there was literary almost nothing. The shelves in the stores were practically bare, and what was there was not in very good quality.
At first, the divisions between East and West Berlin were uncertain. There was nothing that divided the city. For more than ten years after the official split of the city, East Berlin saw a major emigration of East Germans, unhappy with the communist system. Emigration was easy. With nothing physical to separate East and West Berlin, migration from totalitarianism to democracy was as easy for East Berliners as changing houses.
The Soviet Union went against their promises to the people of East Germany, and made East Germany a Communist country. This decision by the Soviet Union separated East Germany even more from the rest of Europe. East Germany was now all by itself, and by the summer of 1952 the border between East and West Germany was closed; only in Berlin was the border was still open.
On June 17, 1953 the workers of East Germany were fed up, and they started a riot. By noon the riots had escalated and the workers from East Germany were marching through the Brandenburg Gate into West Germany with intension to combine with workers from West Germany. All of this came to an end when the Soviet Union called in tanks, and other troops, to take care of the riots. The Soviet tanks shot into the crowds of people killing many, and injuring many others, they even shot into the crowds in West Germany that were rioting. The people of East Germany realized that they were trapped in East Germany, and if they wanted out they would have to risk their lives in doing so. In the late 1950’s approximately 8,000 to 10,000 people from East Germany left and each day they would move further and further west.
Many of these people were from East Berlin, and the government of East Germany knew that they couldn’t afford to loose all of these people. Their economy was suffering already, and with the loss of so many people the economy would be hopeless. Many of the people that were leaving were skilled trades men, or members of professions. There were many escape tunnels dug under the wall. The tunnel system was an unexpected resistance movement dug by hundreds of East Berlin students with thousands more willing to help. The first successful tunnel was in an East Berlin Graveyard.
Mourners brought flowers to a grave and then dropped out of sight. More than half of the emigrants between 1949 and 1961 were under the age of 24. For people under 60 years old, lawful emigration was not easy. Legal processes were lengthy and difficult, and they were eventually successful in discouraging the young people from leaving the country. However, emigration for the elderly was no problem since they had no big role in the growth of the Communist State. East Germany did not have any ideas on how to stop all the people from leaving in groups, until a person came up with an idea to build a wall so high, and so booby-trapped that no one would try to get over the wall.
This idea, thought up by some unknown person, became the infamous Berlin Wall. Winston Churchill named this barrier the Iron Curtain. The Berlin Wall was built on August 13, 1961. Walter Ulbricht, who was the German Communist leader under the command of Stalin, organized the construction of a large wall to be built in order to restrain illegal emigration from the East to the West. They tore up the streets to use the paving stones to build the wall. It stunned people from both East and West Germany. Workers from East Germany that worked in West Germany were separated from their family that night, and they were separated for years.
The Berlin Wall was 96 miles long. It consisted of 67 miles of concrete segment wall, which was four meters high, 42 miles of wire mesh fencing, 65 miles of anti-vehicle trenches, and 79 miles of contact or signal fence. There were 302 watchtowers, and 20 bunkers. Behind the wall was a trench to stop vehicles. After that was a patrol track with a corridor for watchdogs, watch towers, and bunkers. Behind all of that was a second wall. This area of no man's land cut off one hundred-ninety two streets. Checkpoint Charley was the main crossing point for the American sector of West Berlin. It was six hundred-eighty feet west of the Brandenburg Gate.
Many people are mistaken and think that it only divided East and West Germany. The wall did not only divide Berlin through the center and all around the outer part of the city, it was built on the border between West and East Germany, from the Baltic Sea southward through the center of Germany all the way to Hildburghausen. From there it went east toward the border of Czechoslovakia.
While the Wall was being built, the West began protests and speeches that prohibited the complete isolation of East Berlin. The United States, in particular, was opposed to the establishment of the Wall. President John F. Kennedy was essential to the cause, declaring his moral commitment with the infamous words:
" As a free man, I take pride in the words - Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a Berliner)"
Unfortunately for East Berliners, however, Western involvement did not go much beyond protests and speeches.
When building the wall, houses were both torn down and replaced with mined strips and watchtowers, or they were sealed to prevent escapes. Even a Huguenot cemetery with entrances on each side of the sector border was closed off, and West Berliners were not allowed to visit family graves in East Berlin. At this time the people of Berlin knew it was more than just their worst nightmare, it was reality. The people of East Germany were trapped in East Germany. There was no way to see relatives or anything on the west side of the wall. The people of West Germany were granted permission to go to the East side of the wall, but they could not take anything with them. They were allowed to stay for only a week, and they could only do this a couple times each year.
The people of East Germany knew there was nothing they could do, so they tried to live their lives as best they could. Occasionally someone would try to get through to the west, and would either be shot, arrested, or sometimes make the escape to freedom. In all around 5000 people made it to the west, around 3200 were arrested trying, around 160 were shot in killed trying, and around 120 were shot and injured by trying to make that escape to freedom. Years past and nothing changed, the East Germans still had no freedom. At the brink of nuclear war, the United States and the Soviet Union reached a deadlock, but the Berlin Wall remained, representing the remaining Cold War related tension between the two countries. In the mid 1980’s there was a beginning of change in the relationship of East and West Germany. Finally, in November of 1989, emigration barriers finally dropped in November 1989, which allowed free passage between East and West Berlin. Soon after the free passage was allowed the Berlin Wall was taken down.
The entire wall was taken down except for the areas of historical meaning, such as the part in front of the parliament of Berlin and the places with graffiti artwork. The collapse of the Berlin Wall signified the true end of the Cold War and its terrifying era. The Cold War was coming to a gradual end. Mikhail Gorbachev, who was then the leader of the Soviet Union, said that his country, and the world, was in need of reform. After Gorbachev got his point across to many people, and even many government officials, the end of the Cold War was in close sight.
By September 10, 1989 the Hungarian government had opened the border for the East German refugees. This was a big step for the East Germans freedom. On October 6, 1989 East Germany celebrated its 40th anniversary of statehood. Then just two days later thousands took the streets shouting “no more violence!” and “join us join us.”
On November 9, 1989 the Berlin Wall was finally opened. The crowds were remarkable; thousands of people were at the wall going over to see friends and family that they hadn’t seen for years. The celebrating continued throughout the night, and the next day. On the 10th and 11th of November the flow from East to West Germany was endless. The evening of November 11th the first concrete slab was taken from the wall, and as this happened the cheers from the crowds were heard from miles away. The last step was the opening of the Brandenburg Gate, which was finally opened on December 22, 1989.
That was the end of the legendary Berlin Wall, and the beginning of the rejoining of Germany. The rejoining of Germany was a great victory for the German people and the nations of the west, but the Berlin Wall has left economic and emotional scars that can only be healed by the work and understanding of generations to come.
The building of the Berlin Wall was an important milestone in the growth of the Cold War. It was the expansion that represented the thinking of a determined Communist system. Western Capitalism, who was more powerful, eventually defeated the system. The struggle between these two political poles exists to this day. During the time of the cold war East Germany went through many hard times, but they had went through hard times before. They did a great job of dealing with all of their hardships.
The destruction of the massive wall that did so much harm to a country that did not deserve it was finally destroyed, and the people of Germany could now live the way they all wanted to live. They could live the life of freedom. Since the fall of the Berlin Wall East Germany has went through a lot of changes, and it still is not easy for all of the people in East Germany. But no matter how hard it is for the people of East Germany now, it is better than being alone and separated from the rest of Europe.

core attitude
07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Sorry..........that's all I could think of.

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I have no response to that

core attitude
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I have no response to that
Gotcha

AZKC
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
13 to go Countdown to 14k Commencing now

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:40 PM
what are you counting down to?

AZKC
07-14-2006, 03:41 PM

Debbolas
?

AZKC
13 to go Countdown to 14k Commencing now

AZKC
07-14-2006, 03:42 PM

Debbolas
9?

AZKC
8 :crossx:

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
How do you drive a blonde crazy?

AZKC
7 :220v:

AZKC
6 :)

AZKC
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
How do you drive a blonde crazy?
I dont know but this is making me chuckle :)

Debbolas
You're doing a good job

AZKC
5 we have ignition

Debbolas
did someone pay you off to keep me busy?

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:45 PM
4 to what?

AZKC
4, Mission control stand by :crossx:

chub
I'll take a Kettle One and tonic with a lemon twist pleeezzze.
Ding there it is! :p

Debbolas
Is ***boat closing in 4 minutes?

AZKC
07-14-2006, 03:46 PM
3 all light are green

AZKC
2 if you don't know you are blonde :rolleyes:

Debbolas
I've got my beer! :skull:

AZKC
07-14-2006, 03:47 PM
do It Baby

No Name
07-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Is ***boat closing in 4 minutes?
It’s closed now, you must be dreaming. :sleeping:

Cheap Thrills
07-14-2006, 03:49 PM
She's floundering on that last one :D

chub
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Fock it OC fair here I come again. Two times this week!

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I am soooooooooooooo blonde
:rolleyes:

FMluvswater
07-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I am soooooooooooooo blonde
:rolleyes:
with just enough dirt to be self aware? :wink: :D

Cheap Thrills
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I even took your picture a few min ago and you didn't notice :rolleyes: