PDA

View Full Version : Water Treatment Help?

Dean Machine
01-08-2006, 07:51 PM
We just got a place in Fort Mohave. The water has tons of minerals in it and leaves spots like you wouldn't believe. I've talked to the water company and they say its clean and safe to drink. Some of my neighbors have systems that use salt to soften the water and another has a canister that gets replaced once a week by the culligan man. All I want is H2o that doesn't spot up my shower doors and dishes and that I can use to wash my boat once in awhile. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
If it's anything like Lake Havasu City you need to install a water softener to remove the minerals. Pretty much every house built in LHC has a water softener hook-up pre-plumbed as part of the construction process. Most also use a reverse osmosis system for drinking water.

hoolign
01-08-2006, 07:54 PM
I'd go with the Shockwavebob water cleaner! It stands at the water main and hollars at the minerals BEFORE they get in your house! I have heard that some of the minerals were so scared that they literally turned into vapour and were never seen again!

Mrs.Racer277
01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
If it's anything like Lake Havasu City you need to install a water softener to remove the minerals. Pretty much every house built in LHC has a water softener hook-up pre-plumbed as part of the construction process. Most also use a reverse osmosis system for drinking water.
The soft water and RO units are the only way to go. :)

ahhell
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
We just got a place in Fort Mohave. The water has tons of minerals in it and leaves spots like you wouldn't believe. I've talked to the water company and they say its clean and safe to drink. Some of my neighbors have systems that use salt to soften the water and another has a canister that gets replaced once a week by the culligan man. All I want is H2o that doesn't spot up my shower doors and dishes and that I can use to wash my boat once in awhile. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.
Where in Fort Mohave are you? Im in the process of buiilding here myself

voodoomedman
01-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Water Softener and Reverse Osmosis. Is a must out there. It is so freakin nice I got the same setup for my new house here in SoCal. You will use less detergent and soap and stuff too. It is great.

KineticoH20
01-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Anyone who has water treatment questions can call the Orange County office at 714-414-1066 I would be happy to steer you in the right direction. Don

RiverRatMike
01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I live in Havasu and don't have a water softener. Been living here 4 years now. No problems with the water here.

hoolign
01-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I live in Havasu and don't have a water softener. Been living here 4 years now. No problems with the water here.
You likely live within 40 blocks of someone with the Shockwavebob model!

voodoomedman
01-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Where did you live before? Maybe the water was worse. You can probably get away without water treatment but when we got the house in LHC everyone said to get the stuff and the fact is that all the new houses are preplumbed for the softener. It may take years but the hard water will wreak havoc on your pipes and appliances that will be prevented if you have a softener. I was asking about a plumber to install one at my house in SoCal in another thread and someone said you don't need them in SoCal. That is true that it is not needed but it is just that it is that much better. My biggest thing is the way it feels and not having all this nasty buildup in the showers and sinks even though we clean meticulously.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Hooligan, you're killin' me.