PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Arizona Boating Safety Report

Troubles No More
07-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Lots of good info, be careful out on the water........
http://www.gf.state.az.us/outdoor_recreation/documents/05_Boating_Report_LR2.pdf

squirt'nmyload
07-16-2006, 03:03 PM
most accidents were caused by inexperience and pwc's.....something has to be done about pwc drivers...once again without fail, 2 jacka$$e$ were almost hit by my boat cause they just don't pay the fock attention to their surroundings.

SummerBreeze
07-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Great information, thanks for the tip

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 03:40 PM
most accidents were caused by inexperience and pwc's.....something has to be done about pwc drivers...once again without fail, 2 jacka$$e$ were almost hit by my boat cause they just don't pay the fock attention to their surroundings.
159 total accidents involving Open Motorboats
141 total involving PWCs.
81 injury accidents involving Open Motorboats
63 involving PWCs.
5 fatalities involving Open Motorboats
1 involving PWCs
Looks as though PWCs aren't the biggest problem here.

squirt'nmyload
07-16-2006, 04:11 PM
well i've never had a boat do the things that pwc's do to me out there

Holland
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
159 total accidents involving Open Motorboats
141 total involving PWCs.
81 injury accidents involving Open Motorboats
63 involving PWCs.
5 fatalities involving Open Motorboats
1 involving PWCs
Looks as though PWCs aren't the biggest problem here.
Alan...
I read that in the age group issue, that 21 to 25 were the PWC majority and yet 41 to 45 was the open motor group. What do you see in this. Which group is the biggest set of A Holes???
Or is it as generic as every age has A Holes???

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Alan...
I read that in the age group issue, that 21 to 25 were the PWC majority and yet 41 to 45 was the open motor group. What do you see in this. Which group is the biggest set of A Holes???
Or is it as generic as every age has A Holes?
I think it goes toward their status in life. The 41-45 age group are more set in their finances and can afford bigger boats, while the 21-25 is the "entry level" for boat ownership. Thrill craft are also more attractive to the younger age group, not to mention more inclined to rent at that age.
Why 41-45? Mid-life crisis mentality. Beginning to realize that they're getting older, but still in good enough health to beat themselves up on the water.
How many boaters of that age group here are a little stiff and sore when they get up on the Moday morning after runnin' it hard over the weekend?
Most who say they aren't are only kidding themselves.

Holland
07-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I think it goes toward their status in life. The 41-45 age group are more set in their finances and can afford bigger boats, while the 21-25 is the "entry level" for boat ownership. Thrill craft are also more attractive to the younger age group, not to mention more inclined to rent at that age.
Why 41-45? Mid-life crisis mentality. Beginning to realize that they're getting older, but still in good enough health to beat themselves up on the water.
How many boaters of that age group here are a little stiff and sore when they get up on the Moday morning after runnin' it hard over the weekend?
Most who say they aren't are only kidding themselves.
Yeah I can see that... The problems on a consistent basis I see is...
PWC's at the ramps, I understand they take longer as there is two of them usually and that they have to be secured... Boats do to, but most boat owners have more experience and can get off the ramp. Now out on the water, Some of the boats turn into AHole loudmouths that think they own the place. After a day of drinking, playing... they are spent and forget that they were beginners at one time also. We have all had close calls with PWC's, but until they have a red asphault for PWC's, every new young invincible person will just have to learn before they get hurt or cause hurt.