PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Gun Range ?

sdpm
07-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I have drove by the indoor gun range on Mc Culloch and have seen a sign that said Shoot a machine gun here. Has anyone ever done this? Can you rent one there and is it worth it?

TRUMP TIGHT
07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
I have drove by the indoor gun range on Mc Culloch and have seen a sign that said Shoot a machine gun here. Has anyone ever done this? Can you rent one there and is it worth it?
I would like to know what that means. I haven't heard of an indoor range that allows riffles so i would assume it would be something along the lines of a Tech 9. Although at full auto the Tech isn't that impressive. Is it legal in AZ to have a fully auto weapon? Do they limit it to 3 round burst which is much more accurate and controllable or do they let you rip?

sdpm
07-16-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't know either. I have always wanted to shoot a full auto and have a nephew that would love it. I have seen the sign quite afew times and always wanted to go in and check it out but never have. Just wondering if anyone has. I don't know what AZ gun laws are. 3 rounds wouldn't do it for me. Full clip or nothing.

vmjtc3
07-16-2006, 05:03 PM
neither are legal to have with out the proper permit.........

TRUMP TIGHT
07-16-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't know either. I have always wanted to shoot a full auto and have a nephew that would love it. I have seen the sign quite afew times and always wanted to go in and check it out but never have. Just wondering if anyone has. I don't know what AZ gun laws are. 3 rounds wouldn't do it for me. Full clip or nothing.
I dont like fully auto because there is seldom a need for it. If you havent shot one before i suggest you check it out! It is fun to just dust off a clip in a few seconds sometimes!!:D

TRUMP TIGHT
07-16-2006, 05:07 PM
neither are legal to have with out the proper permit.........
Duh! But does that mean the range can have a full auto and let you fire it for$$? And is it legal to have a fully auto in AZ?

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:08 PM
My Ozi BB gun is fully automatic. It's the only way to go. :cool:

TRUMP TIGHT
07-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Dont tell me you shoot the neighborhood kitties too?:rolleyes:

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Any firearm that discharges more than one round with a single pull of the trigger is illegal in AZ.
I'm pretty sure there are Federal Regs against them, too.
Not sure if Sam's machine gun deal is full auto for semi-auto.

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Do you play "Crazy Train" when you fire it?

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Do you play "Crazy Train" when you fire it?
I usually sing something from the Captain Fantastic album.
It's hard to write a song with bitter fingers! :D

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Dont tell me you shoot the neighborhood kitties too?:rolleyes:
I'm not into harming animals but I've dented a few stop signs in my day. I'm sick of tra-la-las and la-de-das.

sdpm
07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
I thought is was too good to be true. I was hoping that if it was in a controlled enviroment it might pass. Oh well. We are headed back out tomorrow for the week. Maybe I'll stop in and check it out anyways. Thanks Boatcop.

Jbb
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Rat a tat tat Brown.......
with his ..."unit"
:p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860uzi.jpg

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I usually sing something from the Captain Fantastic album.
It's hard to write a song with bitter fingers! :D
Figures.
I always did associate you with the "Brown Dirt Cowboys".
:D
Didn't they do the Soundtrack for "Brownback Mountain"?
:crossx:

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:20 PM
It's all part of a Boyd Coddington impersonation I've been working on.

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Didn't they do the Soundtrack for "Brownback Mountain"?
Soundtrack? They were the stunt doubles.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm not into harming animals but I've dented a few stop signs in my day. I'm sick of tra-la-las and la-de-das.
You Canadians are all sensitive and sh!t!:D
I guess being robbed by someone toting a BB gun isnt that scary!
Maybe thats why you guys dont lock your doors!:D:D

KACHINA KEN
07-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm not into harming animals but I've dented a few stop signs in my day.
I knew you were a tree huggin faggot. :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Maybe thats why you guys dont lock your doors!:D:D
I got the memo from Michael Moore but I lock my doors anyway.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I got the memo from Michael Moore but I lock my doors anyway.
I heard the Terrorist are coming through Canada now so thats a good idea!
Actually you might be able to sell that High Power Weapon of yours for a pretty good profit to one of those retards!:idea:

Seasday
07-16-2006, 05:31 PM
I thought is was too good to be true. I was hoping that if it was in a controlled enviroment it might pass. Oh well. We are headed back out tomorrow for the week. Maybe I'll stop in and check it out anyways. Thanks Boatcop.
Let me know what you find out. I have been wanting to know this same info for a while and just never stopped by.

Redneck
07-16-2006, 05:37 PM
ya its fun but kind of pricey rented a MP5 they have tommy guns uzzis and a few others its 35 dollars for the first clip and 25 after that its pricey but its fun

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 05:40 PM
ya its fun but kind of pricey rented a MP5 they have tommy guns uzzis and a few others its 35 dollars for the first clip and 25 after that its pricey but its fun
They should team up with the humane society and let people kick in an extra few bucks to euthanize unwanted shelter animals. They could use the money to fight world hunger.

Sleek-Jet
07-16-2006, 05:47 PM
There's a few places here in Tucson that rent full auto's... up to AR-15's... at indoor ranges. I've seen them strap the barrels down to keep the gun pointed down range due to the muzzle jump...
It's legal to own a fully automatic firearm, but you have to have a Class III liscence from the ATF...
There is a guy named Dillon up in Scottsdale that has quite a few I'm told... :D :D :D

Craig
07-16-2006, 05:49 PM
How about Scottsdale, AZ's "Machine Gun Adventure :p
http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/mgas/mgadesc.php

cdog
07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Full auto is legal in AZ as long as you have a Class III permit and stamp. You can shoot up to .50 cal at the scottsdale shooting range (indoors). I was just there and will be there again this week.
Boat cop.....You should know these things.........

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Full auto is legal in AZ as long as you have a Class III permit and stamp. You can shoot up to .50 cal at the scottsdale shooting range (indoors). I was just there and will be there again this week.
Boat cop.....You should know these things.........
I do.
But this was aimed at John Q Public. Not a lot of people walking around with the Class III.

cdog
07-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I do.
But this was aimed at John Q Public. Not a lot of people walking around with the Class III.
I see. Anyone with a clean back ground that can get a CCW can get a Class III in AZ. You do have to have a final approval from the local head Sheriff. I've got dibs on a Thompson maching gun when I move back....Can't wait...
http://www.apacheordnance.com/files/Bo_Thompson.wmv

Tom Brown
07-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Cdog, don'tcha just hate it when some damn badgetoter starts in on the gun law bullsh*t?
Do you have any friends, Rio? If so, do you greet them by breaking a chair across their teeth?

Boatcop
07-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Rio,
You'd probably be surprised that most AZ Peace Officers are strong 2nd Ammendment supporters. AZ has some of the most relaxed gun laws in the Country. Open carry allowed, and concealed with proper permits. We even issue permits to out of State residents and recognize nearly all other State's permits (As long as their required training is similar to ours),
Being a mostly rural State, we realize that almost any citizen could be our back-up, if needed.
And dis-arming your back-up is never a good idea.

vmjtc3
07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Duh! But does that mean the range can have a full auto and let you fire it for$$? And is it legal to have a fully auto in AZ?
Not sure why the duh was needed. Yes it means the owner has a class three and it is legal for anyone to shoot one, it is just not legal for you to own one.

kanedog
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
You can shoot a full auto in Havasu at the gun range on Mcculloch..they have a great selection for you to choose from. Well worth it.
I have shot it there so i have first hand experience.

cave
07-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Dillon has a bunch of nice autos and a vintage Huey that he straps a mini gun on.
Any Arizonan with a clean record can purchase a class III. It used to be 200 bucks. Pre Clinton. Not to sure what it goes for now. Its almost impossible to get class III today. It is possible.
There is a company in Tempe that does the Full Auto Adventure. Its called Arizona Tactical Adventures. They have a web site.
I know quite a few that do have class III here in Mesa. Thats why we are a safe city. :D

cdog
07-16-2006, 10:16 PM
I just want people to know thier constitutional rights. And yes! Az is an open carry, CCW friendly and Class III weapon friendly. I have my CCW and as soon as I leave the people's republic of can'tafordya and pass over that river, I lock and load. :crossx:
I respect law enforcement and hang out with many when going shooting. It's just like boating or anything else. Some guy's think they know everything and really know squat.
Here in CA our 2nd amendment rights don't mean shit to the state of california so we tend to be kinda edgy on the subject.
Did you guy's like that video clip I found with the thompson?

Cheap Thrills
07-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Funny you should mention that.
I have an old M19a Annilhilator BB gun. It use to run off of R-12 freon , but I have it set up to run off my 80Gal. air compressor with 150' of hose. :D
took me forever to find this pic.
http://www.geocities.com/bbmachinegun/LarcM19.jpg
C.T. :wink:

STV_Keith
07-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Actually, you don't need a Class 3 license to own a FA weapon. As long as you are legal to possess it in your state (AZ, NV, no problem - CA fuggedaboutit), then you can buy one and pay the $200 "tax stamp" through ATF.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#m2
C'mon Tom, you know you love a good Uzi!
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/avatars/subgun360.gif

Jordy
07-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Actually, you don't need a Class 3 license to own a FA weapon. As long as you are legal to possess it in your state (AZ, NV, no problem - CA fuggedaboutit), then you can buy one and pay the $200 "tax stamp" through ATF.
Bingo. Having the Class III just means that you don't have to go through a dealer. Essentially cuts out the middleman. ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23MP5.jpg
:D :D :D

Bense468
07-17-2006, 10:18 AM
SAMS GUN RANGE (http://www.samsguns.com/)
"A new state-of-the-art shooting range, by Shooting Ranges International of Las Vegas (longest indoor range in Arizona) was opened in December, 2003. Here customers can shoot in a safe, controlled and air conditioned environment. It consists of 10 Pistol Lanes and 3 Rifle Lanes. The rental cost is $10 per day per person. We also rent weapons for $10 per day: Glock, S&W, Desert Eagle & Ruger, from .22 LR to 500 S&W Magnum. Ever have a " hankerin' " to fire a machine gun? We've got several to rent. Shooting Leagues are now forming for those competitive shooters among us"
There is also this outdoor range
Lake Havasu City - Lake Havasu City Sportsman Club, Inc., 1 S.A.R.A. Park, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405.
Phone: 928-453-5404
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (to 50 yds), Outdoor Rifle (50 to 200 yds), Muzzleloading, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Archery
Range Access: Public

LOWRIVER2
07-17-2006, 06:21 PM
I do backlog checks every now and then to see where my name pops up around here.
Rio, what are you talking about?
I can't tell you nor do I worry about gun laws in other states. Ca. laws, then yes, I know "a little".
There's only three agencies in Ca. that enforce gun laws specifically: LAPD, State DOJ and ATFE
77Charger is the top dog of boaters who is up on gun laws. Anyone can be, just go to the Ca. DOJ/firearms site and download the rules. Not rocket science. It's the application of laws on a specific incident that can get tricky and separates the men from the boys as to proper filing charges.