PDA

View Full Version : Account Executives....Info please....

NOTALENT
07-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Cal First Leasing contacted me for a position as a Account Executive. Wanted to know if anyone here is in the same type of business....how things are going, stability, tips etc....T.I.A

ChumpChange
07-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Never heard of Cal Leasing. What type of leasing company are they? Equipment? What is there specialty?
Getting into a finance position right now could be somewhat difficult. Those who have been in the business a long time and know the ins and outs will be the only ones to truly benefit in my opinion. The influx of applications to learn upon are not there anymore and it takes knowlege of policy to make sure that when you do get the app, it gets approved.
In my realm, only the savvy investors are still in the game which makes me need to have the game in order to get their dealings.

NOTALENT
07-18-2006, 07:50 AM
www.calfirstbancorp.com
They specialize in Equipment Leasing. I know it's a hard business, especially for the new comers. Im looking to get into a different type of sales and after looking at the company it looked like it could be what I want and very rewarding. Im going in on thursday to see what it's all about.

ChumpChange
07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
It's not equipment leasing that they specialize in....it looks like technological, computer type equipment is their specialty.
There are a lot of things that I can write that it doesn't look like they can just by taking a glance at their list. Good luck with it. I can tell you one thing and that is that you will be making a lot of cold calls. They will most likely hand you a list and have you call random companies asking if they are looking to purchase any type of equipment the next ninety days. If you can do that, then you might like it. If not, keep looking.

topless
07-18-2006, 08:08 AM
I looked them up here at the BBB and they seem OK. I just know that in this industry, we tend to get many complaints but this company has never even had one.

NOTALENT
07-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks Topless, I appreciate that.
Im not fond of cold calls at all...haha..I guess im just gonna have to go see what they have to say...and like you said keep looking in the meantime. As long as I can get out of here I will be happy... :rollside:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Another thing to consider is the compensation package. If there is a base salary, is it enough to keep you alive until you get your book of biz together. If it's a straigh commission position, it may be painful for a while. Are there any leads given to you? Are they cold leads or warm? Do you have to do a lot of cold calling? Do you know who the target customer is? Is it a strategic position, where they expect you to target a specific area of industry and/or geography?
If you can get those questions answered, you may be more confident in making a decision. Not that you can't be confident without it but I would like to know those things...

NOTALENT
07-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Another thing to consider is the compensation package. If there is a base salary, is it enough to keep you alive until you get your book of biz together. If it's a straigh commission position, it may be painful for a while. Are there any leads given to you? Are they cold leads or warm? Do you have to do a lot of cold calling? Do you know who the target customer is? Is it a strategic position, where they expect you to target a specific area of industry and/or geography?
If you can get those questions answered, you may be more confident in making a decision. Not that you can't be confident without it but I would like to know those things...
Nice...I will definatley ask those questions...Some were on the list...they do have base pay of 35-40k + commission. Now that the boat is sold and I paid off the truck I would be able to live off of that until it hopefully picked up and I start building a clientel.

Speedin' Ian
07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm an Account Executive, however I sell advertising to Realtors and Real Estate offices, so it is a different sale than you would be doing. That said I love my job, I have a base salary and I get commision on my sales. The problem with a lot of these companies is you start at the bottom with no book of business or a very poor one, which means you spend a lot of time cold calling and building a book of your own. If you can handle that go for it. Also make sure you ask them what the average A.E. is making with comission, if it isn't over $100,000 I'd pass, because you can rest assured you'll start a bit bellow the average.

Parker Dreamin
07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
I get a call from them about twice a month, they cold call the **** out of every number they have.....

catman-do
07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I am an AE, however its for BNC mortgage. I think in general its the same. If you are good at sales and KNOW YOUR PRODUCT, then you will be fine. In our industry things are getting tight. I see AE's that didnt know jack before and still dont know jack falling out of the industry left and right because they arent making any money. At the same time I am seeing the loan officers and brokers that have very little structuring experience go elsewhere. In my industry if you suck at your job you die financially. Then someone like me comes in and services those accounts. If you are good at it I would say jump on and make those contacts now while its slow because when it does pick back up you will prosper all the more. Good luck. If anyone needs an AE in the mtg industry feel free to contact me at 909-208-9474.
Jeff

Parker Dreamin
07-18-2006, 10:27 AM
I am an AE, however its for BNC mortgage. I think in general its the same. If you are good at sales and KNOW YOUR PRODUCT, then you will be fine. In our industry things are getting tight. I see AE's that didnt know jack before and still dont know jack falling out of the industry left and right because they arent making any money. At the same time I am seeing the loan officers and brokers that have very little structuring experience go elsewhere. In my industry if you suck at your job you die financially. Then someone like me comes in and services those accounts. If you are good at it I would say jump on and make those contacts now while its slow because when it does pick back up you will prosper all the more. Good luck. If anyone needs an AE in the mtg industry feel free to contact me at 909-208-9474.
Jeff
Tell Dave Glick I said hello.

NOTALENT
07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Im great @ Sales, and I love doing it. I want to stay in the industry, but going to a new product and doing cold calls I would really have to educate myself about the product. Once I know it, I will do very well. They do paid training as well....for 3 months I believe.
Does anyone have the winning lotto numbers??? :crossx:

catman-do
07-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Parker - Not sure what your name or company is. I dont think he would know if I said "parker dreamin".?.? haha :) I would though, i see him about 4 days a week and my ol' lady works in the costa mesa branch under Cindy Scott and Brian Surgener.