PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your dogs when you go to the lake?

SoCalSouthpaw
07-18-2006, 09:47 AM
I usually have a friend available to watch mine. But there's always a time when no one is around. There are a couple dog hotels around me. But, the closest one charges per day. So, if I drop mine off on friday late afternoon - I cant pick him up till monday morning when they open. I get charged for sat, sun, and friggen monday even though Im waiting there when they open the doors monday! :mad:
Im just wondering what some of you all do. Thanks!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
We takes our dogs or we don't go. :rollside:

Havasu1986
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Ditto Didn' have them last weekend and I was a lost puppy

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 10:03 AM
We try to take our wiener dogs everywhere we go.

Debbolas
07-18-2006, 10:09 AM
We take our dogs:D
(I gotta go buy some toddle socks for their paws)

cdog
07-18-2006, 10:10 AM
The island inn allows dogs....We will be out there this weekend.

SoCalSouthpaw
07-18-2006, 10:42 AM
My first choice is to take mine too. A couple of issues come up though:
What to do with him if we all go somewhere while on the lake, ie, Topock, Havasu Springs, etc... And if we all go to dinner somewhere or out for the night. Cant really leave him alone in the house. I feel bad leaving him behind, but atleast he is at 'home' - a familiar place. I'd feel even worse thinking about leaving him in the backyard of my sis' havasu house - where the area is totally unfamiliar. Just some thoughts I grapple with. Thanks for your replies.

Phat Matt
07-18-2006, 10:46 AM
He goes on the boat 99% of the time. We won't do Havasu Springs or Topock if it is too hot to leave him on the boat. In the winter or early spring it is different. He can lay down in the cabin. We sneak him in the Turtle though. :)

Havasu1986
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
He goes on the boat 99% of the time. We won't do Havasu Springs or Topock if it is too hot to leave him on the boat. In the winter or early spring it is different. He can lay down in the cabin. We sneak him in the Turtle though. :)
Same with us. If they let the Mouse in at the Turtle , why not a dog.

welk2party
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
We take ours with us! She loves it.

sea2lake
07-18-2006, 11:23 AM
we leave ours at my inlaws house in Henderson when we go to Meade or River..
No you cant leave yours there...lol

pixilatedpussy
07-18-2006, 12:10 PM
I usually have a friend available to watch mine. But there's always a time when no one is around. There are a couple dog hotels around me. But, the closest one charges per day. So, if I drop mine off on friday late afternoon - I cant pick him up till monday morning when they open. I get charged for sat, sun, and friggen monday even though Im waiting there when they open the doors monday! :mad:
We take them.
But if it is too busy on the boat...then they stay at the river house.
Before we had a river house we would bring them & board them out at the doggy hotel for each night we were at the river. Pick them up in the am for a day on the water & drop them at night before we hit the hotel. :rollside:

chub
07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
We leave them at the river house on busy days. If it's mid week we'll take them out. They don't play well with others and the Yorkie won't leave the Jack Russel alone. :argue: :220v:

edog_103
07-18-2006, 12:53 PM
I take mine. Somebody has to attract the women.

SoCalSouthpaw
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Before we had a river house we would bring them & board them out at the doggy hotel for each night we were at the river. Pick them up in the am for a day on the water & drop them at night before we hit the hotel. :rollside:
PP - is this boarding place in Havasu? I would love the info if it is. Thanks!!!

hava life
07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
We use to take ours out with us all the time.http://www.fototime.com/A818402B954C442/standard.jpg Make sure you have plenty of water and shade for the dog. If he plays well with others he will have a great time. Always keep your dog in sight or on a leash. When your in the boat make sure you keep him on a leash and have someone hold him so he won't fall out if you have to swerve. If you are on a beach watch the other boats in case they don't see your dog in the water. There have been bad experiances.

JB in so cal
07-18-2006, 08:55 PM
unless it's hot as they're both gettin' old...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2271dogsinbow.JPG

Drift
07-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Where do you live? I'm in Southern Orange County and we keep the dogs at Park-A-Pet in Laguna Niguel. Great people, decent rates and the dogs get walked out side twice a day. When it was just the Wife, Molly (Lab) and I, she would go with us. Now we've got a baby and another dog (Great Dane) so we've run out of room on the boat. I guess I could sell the boat and get a pontoon.
:crossx: :rolleyes:...... Yeah right

OCMerrill
07-18-2006, 10:13 PM
We take them.
But if it is too busy on the boat...then they stay at the river house.
We did this with our lab about 3 weeks ago. We stayed at the Bluewater and retrieved the dog daily. The only place in Parker we could find ahead of time was Pom Pom Poodle. :yuk: :yuk: This was not the place I was hoping for but she lived.

2Driver
07-19-2006, 07:37 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347untitled.JPG
" Please, all of you bring your bitches to the river"

Drift
07-19-2006, 08:10 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347untitled.JPG
" Please, all of you bring your bithces to the river"
FOR ME TO POOP ON!
I keeed, Ikeeed :crossx: