PDA

View Full Version : So, is it just t-storms every afternoon?

AirtimeLavey
07-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Damn forecasts has t-storms almost every afternoon. wtf? :confused:
I know it's monsoon season, and hard to predict, but have Laughlin and Havi just been getting hit everyday? :confused:

Devil's Advocate
07-19-2006, 08:15 PM
That's monsoon season for ya, chance of rain or t-storms everyday during the season.

phebus
07-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Today was just the opposite. Cloudy and windy in the AM, sunny with no wind in the afternoon. It's loking like it might storm tonight though.

Havasu1986
07-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Been a owner in Havi for 20 years. July is usually hit or miss. Aug. more. This year has been the worst for me. Some years on my every other weekend I don't get any monsoons.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Yep, the kids remind me it was every NITE last monsoon season.

RiverRatMike
07-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Damn forecasts has t-storms almost every afternoon. wtf? :confused:
I know it's monsoon season, and hard to predict, but have Laughlin and Havi just been getting hit everyday? :confused:
yeah they say that but hardly anything ever happens here in Havasu. We haven't even had any severe t-storms yet here in Havasu. Clear as can be outside right now. Stars and a very clear sky. The storms are mostly all around us everyday but never make it to the city.

Second "PLACE"
07-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Airtime.....Where are you planning to be this weekend? Wether report is hit/miss at best. I've spent the last few weekends at Needles/Moabi area with little problems. Gonna be at Moabi this weekend as well. Maybe we'll see ya?

AirtimeLavey
07-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Airtime.....Where are you planning to be this weekend? Wether report is hit/miss at best. I've spent the last few weekends at Needles/Moabi area with little problems. Gonna be at Moabi this weekend as well. Maybe we'll see ya?
Hey SP, yeah, we're headed out this w/e. It's a kid's w/e, so we're thinking we'll be on Mohave. Got some other friends gonna be in Havi, so we might launch at Needles & cruise down one day. If we do, will cruise by Moabi. What's your boat?
Hopefully, we'll get lucky w/the weather. Otherwise, keepin one eye to the sky.

Danhercules
07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
I will be in Laughin this weekend, I wanted to go up to the lake one day, looks like I will be stayin on the river.

dannyo
07-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I got pounded by a monsoon at Lake Mead today. Came out of nowhere but it was fun.

No Name
07-20-2006, 12:26 AM
I hope that shiat stops, I will be in Havasu for 6 days first of next month and I hope I don’t see any storms the whole time I’m there…… I know wishful thinking.

Debbolas
07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Yes, :cry: Dear God,
Please try not to have any monsoons from July 26 thru Aug 6th, in the Laughlin, Lake Mojave area, and if we do, please don't let us lose power again.
Thank you,
Deb
;)

AirtimeLavey
07-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Please try not to have any monsoons from July 26 thru Aug 6th, in the Laughlin, Lake Mojave area, and if we do, please don't let us lose power again.
Thank you,
Deb
;)
Amen...sister. :D
That goes for our Powell trip in Aug., Mohave this w/e, and end of Aug., Lavey Reg., guys trip in Oct., and, and ....Pahleeese.... :boxed:

HocusPocus
07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
we enjoyed a nice light show on the way home from havi last night and hit a couple spots of rain.

Debbolas
07-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Perhaps we should offer up a sacrafice?
;)
a nice cold beverage?

CampbellCarl
07-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey Deb
Are you talking about the 22 hour power outage over the 4th of July w/e?
Have a place on Katherine Drive (behind landing) and lost power when big t-storm started around 7pm on 7/2. No power all night, OK to sleep as the temp dropped about 25 degrees. Had an ivitation to party in Havi for Monday so I gave up and went. Came back Tues and neighbors told me power came back around 5pm 7/3. Was as bad a storm I can remember rolling thru Lake Mo!
Carl

Second "PLACE"
07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey SP, yeah, we're headed out this w/e. It's a kid's w/e, so we're thinking we'll be on Mohave. Got some other friends gonna be in Havi, so we might launch at Needles & cruise down one day. If we do, will cruise by Moabi. What's your boat?
Hopefully, we'll get lucky w/the weather. Otherwise, keepin one eye to the sky.
Airtime-have not seen ya since Twins club last year!
This is a kids weekend for us as well, no worries. Penninsula #2 is where you'll find us, as well as the Moabi channel. 2005 PLACECRAFT stepcat White/Yellow ---- second "PLACE" painted on the transom :p
Hope to see ya---
Mike

JetBoatRich
07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
nice lightning storm came through here a couple hours ago :rolleyes: power was off and on the whole time :cool:

Second "PLACE"
07-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Where you at currently Rich?

JetBoatRich
07-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Where you at currently Rich?
Currently at home :cool:

Second "PLACE"
07-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Here at work (West Covina) the thunderheads over the mountains out your way look brutal. .

AirtimeLavey
07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Perhaps we should offer up a sacrafice?
;)
a nice cold beverage?
I can do that! Should I chant something, too? :idea:

AirtimeLavey
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Airtime-have not seen ya since Twins club last year!
This is a kids weekend for us as well, no worries. Penninsula #2 is where you'll find us, as well as the Moabi channel. 2005 PLACECRAFT stepcat White/Yellow ---- second "PLACE" painted on the transom :p
Hope to see ya---
Mike
We'll look for you. Trying to talk my group into breakfast at Topock on Sat. Yeah, no Absolute shots this w/e. At least not until the kids are asleep.

UncleLarry
07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
well lets see so far this month we have .o2" of rain.. yes it looks like a t storm but so far during daylight hours we have had One storm last weekend... yep we get clouds, yep its forcasted but but but it doesnt happen that often in Lake Havasu.
And when it does it lasts for 45 mins.. So enjoy

Debbolas
07-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I can do that! Should I chant something, too? :idea:
Yes, Chant the Indian Rain Dance - Backwards!
:D

Essexive G's
07-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Thank you,
Deb
;)
Don't forget to include running out of gas! :idea:

Debbolas
07-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Don't forget to include running out of gas! :idea:
I will NOT run out of gas, promise to keep my eye on the gas gauge at all times:D
lol, smart ass :rolleyes:

Essexive G's
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I will NOT run out of gas, promise to keep my eye on the gas gauge at all times:D
lol, smart ass :rolleyes:
Good Girl! :cool:

AirtimeLavey
07-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey Deb, it worked! Got good weather all w/e. Just freaking hotter than...
:rollside: