PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy screwed

Boozer
07-20-2006, 03:18 PM
So last Saturday my friend goes into the grocery store and is met while in the store by a police officer that said he suspected him of being drunk. The cop claimed he followed him for 3 miles and his driving was that of someone intoxicated. Hooked him up right there in the store and took him out the car. He gave my friend 2 breathalizers both of which he passed then demanded a blood test. My friend told the officer he had submitted to two breathalizers and wasnt going to cooperate any further. The cop arrested him for DUI and his license is now suspended for 1 year. Mind you he blew .000 on the breathalizer.

HCS
07-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds like BS to me! Shang highed.

Sleek-Jet
07-20-2006, 03:23 PM
From what I've read here, and the research I've done... if you fail to submit to a blood test you get a free "1 year walk to work" pass...
This thread should get interesting...

Jordy
07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Wait, was this in Havasu??? :D :D :D

HocusPocus
07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
looks like he should have cooperated, if he was blowing 0's then he would have tested clean... right?

Outnumbered
07-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I hope your "friend's" name is not Boozer :D

Outnumbered
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
All kidding aside, sounds like BS. Get a lawyer.

Boozer
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
looks like he should have cooperated, if he was blowing 0's then he would have tested clean... right?
He said no to the blood because he smokes more pot then Tommy Chong at a Cannabis convention.
And no it isn't me. The sh*tty thing for him is that he "was" my assistant until I moved on and he now took over my position. The position requires a valid drivers license.

MrsSigEpMock
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I believe that you only have to submit to 1 test of the possible 3 - breath, urine or blood. Get a lawyer, I think he should be fine ( after a few $$$ that is)

Tom Brown
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Maybe he can blame it on the grocery store?

Dave C
07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
your assistances have a lot of..... "issues"
J/K
tell him to consult a lawyer....

Outnumbered
07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
He said no to the blood because he smokes more pot then Tommy Chong at a Cannabis convention.
And no it isn't me. The sh*tty thing for him is that he "was" my assistant until I moved on and he now took over my position. The position requires a valid drivers license.
Ahhh...the plot thickens.
Sounds like the dude was high and the cop knew it so he wanted blood, etc. Your bro needs to stop smoking pot NOW so he can be clean ASAP. I am sure his work is going to want a drug test once they find out. Plus, he should not be driving stoned. Hope he does not kill someone. Good luck.

No Name
07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Most likely if he gave blood the cop would have had them test for drugs if he blew a .000. So it probably would have been worse in the long run. He my not have lost his license for a year but he still would have lost it + fines possible time in the can and maybe even lawyer fees, oh yeah and the DUI. Actually if he was riding dirty one year with no license is not a bad deal, if that is all he gets.

Outnumbered
07-20-2006, 03:47 PM
http://hometown.aol.com/halluciddreamer/images/cheech%20&%20chong.bmp

Ryphraph
07-20-2006, 03:47 PM
It may just be me, but it sounds like maybe we are missing out on some of this story. I don't see LE going that far out of their way to get a bad arrest going. Not that I know anything though.
Ryph

No Name
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
That' some funny shiat. :)

core attitude
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
But not a clean drug test????

ROZ
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
A friend of mine had a similar situation..After being pulled over for allegedly being intoxicated or tired, the officer had him do the breathalizer 5 times and the officer chose the reading he wanted.. He cooperated, but was smart about it... He made sure that the officer wrote down every single measurement he tested for.. He went from a .04 to a .09 and back down to a .05... of course the officer ook the highest measurement and arrested him... His family's attorney is a bastard and beat that thing like a redheaded stepchild...lol...

HCS
07-20-2006, 04:06 PM
In that case he's screwed. Or should I say stoned. :rolleyes:

ROZ
07-20-2006, 04:06 PM
I believe that you only have to submit to 1 test of the possible 3 - breath, urine or blood. Get a lawyer, I think he should be fine ( after a few $$$ that is)
To my understanding , you are corrent... Refusing to a breathalizer will get you a free ride to the pokey...lol.. and the 1yr loss of the privledge to drive...
If you submit and are arrested, you have 10 days to file paperwork with the dmv in order to get your license back within the shortest amount of time.

Cheap Thrills
07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
It's mostly mowie wowie man , but it's got some labrador in it.
Pssssss whats labrador ????
It's dog shit .
you mean were smokin dogshit man ?, :D
C.T. :wink:

HM
07-20-2006, 04:10 PM
It may just be me, but it sounds like maybe we are missing out on some of this story. I don't see LE going that far out of their way to get a bad arrest going. Not that I know anything though.
Ryph
Don't you know the cops want to harass anyone at anytime? It is just the man trying to keep honest pot smoking people down. :D

HCS
07-20-2006, 04:15 PM
It's dog shit .
It's good shit man. :D

ROZ
07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
It's good shit man. :D
Hey, pass that shit over here...

Outnumbered
07-20-2006, 04:24 PM
LMAO! This thread has become quite entertaining...thanks Boozer :D

Devil's Advocate
07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Ahhh...the plot thickens.
Sounds like the dude was high and the cop knew it so he wanted blood, etc. Your bro needs to stop smoking pot NOW so he can be clean ASAP. I am sure his work is going to want a drug test once they find out. Plus, he should not be driving stoned. Hope he does not kill someone. Good luck.
I agree. He is still driving under the influence of a drug if he was stoned, which still impairs. He just needs to quit the pot smoking anyway. It'a loser habit and will only hinder him. At first when I thought the cops were just harassing him only from suspicion from him being drunk with no evidence I thought they were way out of line. But, they had a suspicion of intoxication and discovered it was likely pot instead. That's an illegal substance and they should check him out. If your friend had made a bad judgement call and gotten into an accident because he was impaired, then other innocent people and possible even he would be paying the price for his bad habit. I hope it's at the vey least a wake up call.

RiverDave
07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Did they take blood at the station or not?
That might be a big factor in the near future. So long as you submitted to the breathylizer though, I think he's good to go as far as cooperating. You have to submit to a sobriety test, I don't think the law reads you have to submit to this sobriety test, and if you pass that one then this one.. You have the choice blood breat or urine don't you?
I think any lawyer should be able to beat this flat, especially given the circumstances of the arrest.. (In the store? WTF!!) The officer should've began questioning in the parking lot, or if he thought he was intoxicated by his driving, at whatever point he came to that conclusion.. Not a "Oh by the way, awhile ago I saw you driving" kinda deal.
Incidentally, if you get arrested for a DUI, even if your dead sober, and your blood comes up possitive from weed that you smoked 2 weeks ago your getting the DUI..
RD

***boat
07-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Could have been worse.
http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickability/index.html?url=/video/us/2006/07/20/officers.attack.in.elevator.wdiv

HM
07-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Did they take blood at the station or not?
That might be a big factor in the near future. So long as you submitted to the breathylizer though, I think he's good to go as far as cooperating. You have to submit to a sobriety test, I don't think the law reads you have to submit to this sobriety test, and if you pass that one then this one.. You have the choice blood breat or urine don't you?
I think any lawyer should be able to beat this flat, especially given the circumstances of the arrest.. (In the store? WTF!!) The officer should've began questioning in the parking lot, or if he thought he was intoxicated by his driving, at whatever point he came to that conclusion.. Not a "Oh by the way, awhile ago I saw you driving" kinda deal.
Incidentally, if you get arrested for a DUI, even if your dead sober, and your blood comes up possitive from weed that you smoked 2 weeks ago your getting the DUI..
RD
RD - sometimes your posts really make me laugh. You think a lawyer should be able to beat it? LOL!!! Thanks...I really needed a good belly aching laugh.

Ryphraph
07-20-2006, 06:02 PM
When a cop approaches you inside a store on something like this, who's to say you didn't walk there? If he was that up on observing the impaired driving why didn't he approach it in the parking lot? Otherwise he is observing from quite a distance (blocks). This is why I question the story. Again, not that I know anything, just wondering.
Ryph

HM
07-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Boozer, do you know anyone that is not a scofflaw or degenerate? Success is measured by the company you keep.
He did, but she evicted him.

Tom Brown
07-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Success is measured by the company you keep.
If that's true, his buddy is screwed.

DRMCAT
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Did this happen in California?

centerhill condor
07-21-2006, 02:56 AM
well, an interesting scenario... if your buddy was High and confronted in the store he should have submitted to the blood test gotten arrested and posted bond. Now here's the amazing part... in court with the presumably positive toker blood test simply state under oath that you burned one in the men's room at the store. the driving charge is dismissed and you now have a friend with a badge for life! Now, your local DA may ask the judge to amend the charge to stoned in public. But you keep the dl and the job! State farm doesn't find out and you smoke happily ever after.
The law is a funny thing...funny in that you get charged $300 an hour for this crap and we call it justice... or just us!

buzzaro
07-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Ummmm, was he high then while driving to the grocery store??.......to get some doritos then?

Stoneman
07-21-2006, 05:05 AM
It's dog shit .
Gets you right in the boo boo don't it!
:cool:

HavasuSelect
07-21-2006, 05:15 AM
If the cop thought he was impaired why did he follow him for over 3 miles and not pull him over when he first noticed him? If he was impaired he could have killed someone in those 3 miles.

drbones
07-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Ok..I agree..driving while under the influance of anything is bad... And should be givin a ticket...if he was driving...
BUT... I disagree on the weed thing... I have seen many ppl take drug test..and pass...even though they are freeking crackheads...drunks...coke heads...but weed is a lot different...You can smoke a joint 2 weeks ago..and fail a drug test...and if you are fat like me...it takes even longer to get your system clean... But you can snort a gram of coke a day...and stop for 2 days then pass a drug test... Not fair if you ask me...
So what I smoked a joint at the river...last weekend... Do you think I'm stoned a week later??...from a joint a week ago...
The coke head..can have a addiction problem from hell...but can still pass a drug test...after 24/48hrs ... Ok I will get off my soap box now.

topless
07-21-2006, 07:03 AM
And no it isn't me. The sh*tty thing for him is that he "was" my assistant until I moved on and he now took over my position. The position requires a valid drivers license.Well there ya have it. Now we know why your "assistant" didn't pay your bills.

AZKC
07-21-2006, 07:04 AM
cough cough
Whats this thread about again? :boxed: I thinking some Choclate Mocha Ice Cream would be dam good right now :skull:

BadKachina
07-21-2006, 07:09 AM
The whole story doesn't make a lot of sense, but I guess if your pot smoker buddy told it to you then what else would you expect?
I can just imagine how it went.
"Dude I was driving like three miles and then some cop in the store hooked me up for DUI. I blew him three times, I mean I blew three times and scored a fricken zero dude. Then they tried to stick me but I told them no fricken way dude. They kept my liscense dude, now WTF do I do? Maybe one of your lawer dudes on ***boat can hook me up dude."

topless
07-21-2006, 07:12 AM
The whole story doesn't make a lot of sense, but I guess if your pot smoker buddy told it to you then what else would you expect?
"Dude I was driving like three miles and then some cop in the store hooked me up for DUI. I blew him three times, I mean I blew three times and scored a fricken zero dude. Then they tried to stick me but I told them no fricken way dude. They kept my liscense dude, now WTF do I do? Maybe one of your lawer dudes on ***boat can hook me up dude."LMAO but you're probably right on the money.

Dave C
07-21-2006, 07:50 AM
we have a winner ladies and gentlemen...
you even got the pothead accent in there... incredible.
"Dude I was driving like three miles and then some cop in the store hooked me up for DUI. I blew him three times, I mean I blew three times and scored a fricken zero dude. Then they tried to stick me but I told them no fricken way dude. They kept my liscense dude, now WTF do I do? Maybe one of your lawer dudes on ***boat can hook me up dude."

HM
07-21-2006, 07:59 AM
we have a winner ladies and gentlemen...
you even got the pothead accent in there... incredible.
Ohhh, gnarly!!! (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Fast_Times_At_Ridgemont_High&quote=gnarly.txt&file=gnarly.mp3)

SHOTKALLIN
07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
So what your saying is your buddy was dui just not alcohol? Sounds to me like he should just go buy a bus pass and quit whining.

HM
07-21-2006, 08:12 AM
So what your saying is your buddy was dui just not alcohol? Sounds to me like he should just go buy a bus pass and quit whining.
Doesn't help that the cop overheard him saying this (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Fast_Times_At_Ridgemont_High&quote=imwasted.txt&file=imwasted.mp3) on his cell phone. :D

CHEETAH24
07-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Ask boat cop...

Boozer
07-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Boozer, do you know anyone that is not a scofflaw or degenerate? Success is measured by the company you keep.
Well to be perfectly honest with you this guy has never had a previous run in with the law before. Other then the fact that he consumes marijuana on an all to regular basis he's a pretty good person. You've never known any good people who got charged with a DUI? :rolleyes:

Boozer
07-21-2006, 09:54 AM
He did, but she evicted him.
Before making a statement like this you should have your facts straight.

HCS
07-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Ummmm, was he high then while driving to the grocery store??.......to get some doritos then?
I can't figure out why the cop waited for him to get the munchies before doing something about it. :eat:

topless
07-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Before making a statement like this you should have your facts straight.He's joking, relax.

badtaste
07-21-2006, 10:25 AM
obviously didn't happen in CA. CA has a forced blood draw law. And the kicker is that if you refuse and force is used, the prosecution has your blood and you still lose the license for 1 yr. :cry:

Boozer
07-21-2006, 10:36 AM
obviously didn't happen in CA. CA has a forced blood draw law. And the kicker is that if you refuse and force is used, the prosecution has your blood and you still lose the license for 1 yr. :cry:
It happened in Denver.

core attitude
07-21-2006, 10:50 AM
You've never known any good people who got charged with a DUI? :rolleyes:
I have...........but only when they were DUI.

HM
07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Before making a statement like this you should have your facts straight.
Since when did facts become important on ***boat? Lighten up Francis..just having fun at your expense! :D

Dave C
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
careful Boozer getting kicked in the shins by a midget hurts like a mutha.....

topless
07-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Since when did facts become important on ***boat? Lighten up Francis..just having fun at your expense! :DI take it Boozer didn't think it was funny.

HM
07-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I take it Boozer didn't think it was funny.
Perhaps it distracted him from the big bong rip he was taking?

topless
07-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Perhaps it distracted him from the big bong rip he was taking?Well then that would explain his anger.

Boozer
07-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Perhaps it distracted him from the big bong rip he was taking?
Bongs are illegal in this state so the device you are reffering to would be considered a water pipe. I haven't taken a rip off anything in a few months now so maybe that's were my anger is stemming from. :cool:

Boozer
07-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Well then that would explain his anger.
I thought you liked it when I get angry. :hammer2:
:)

Dave C
07-21-2006, 01:39 PM
am I driving alright man....
license... isn't it back there on the bumper...
:crossx: