PDA

View Full Version : Don't cops have anything better to do...

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 05:22 PM
is what I hear from whinny people because they got a ticket, or saw them "standing around" at an accident scene, etc.. :cry:
Well next time you consider bashing the Police and/or Fire department, consider what else they have to do, like protecting your whinny ass from shiatheads like this...
http://xpstream.winisp.net/marcbarton/timgree
If you don't like the police, don't call them when your house is getting burglarized...handle it yourself!

marty722
07-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Just like the North Hollywood shootout.... My hats off to the men and women who protect us Including my whole family who is in law enforcement. Both my dad and brother have been shot in the line of duty. Very scary as a kid when they come to the door and tell the family that there dad has been shot.... This is one reason I stayed out of that line of business. You are also right they get a bad rap but there are also some bad seeds....

topless
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I, for one, have never called the police for anything, ever. So, I guess I'm good to complain away.
But you have had a very close encounter. :crossx:

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I, for one, have never called the police for anything, ever. So, I guess I'm good to complain away.
I would expect nothing less of you, considering where you live. The land of $50,000 a year millionares!! :)

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
JYou are also right they get a bad rap but there are also some bad seeds....
I agree. There are bad seeds in every profession. When you have to hire from the human race, quoting Forrest Gump, "You never know what your gonna get."

TRUMP TIGHT
07-20-2006, 06:06 PM
If you don't like the police, don't call them when your house is getting burglarized...handle it yourself!
I respect them for the work they do (if they deserve it), but if someone is coming in my house LEO's wont be called until the situation is handled.;)

Moneypitt
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Like any other profession, there is the good, and the bad, and the average. I've ran across all three. Tough job, sure, but there are others just as tough. I think if someone chooses LE as a vocation they know what their getting into. Would I assist an officer being beaten on the side of the road, sure, most would. Do I approve of all of their tactics, NO. The idea of hiding in the shadows of a bar parking lot and pulling over everyone that leaves just doesn't sit right with me. And I also can say I have never called the police for assistance. If some one wants to burgle my house/garage I might call the police to clean up the stiff, and do all that paperwork............MP

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Shit, get your facts straight. I spend that on daycare.
Okay, sorry. $60,000 a year millionaires.

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I find, in my past experience, that people that constantly bring up other people's worth in a derogatory fashion usually have issues with their own worth. Be it monetary, career, possessions, what have you.
Im just giving you a hard time. Temecula is a great place to live, and the majority of it's residents are hard working, respectable folk. Like the above post said, "there are a few bad seeds" that make me use that metaphor. It's not my honest opinion though.

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 06:32 PM
We live at Redhawk. I've seen maybe two police cars anywhere near my house in the last eight years, not counting the ones that were here for me. ;)
Redhawk is a very nice neighborhood. You should be happy that you dont see the police in your neighborhood. That means it's a quiet area, and the police have no need to be there unless called. It's the same in my neighborhood. I've only seen a police car on my street maybe three times in seven years. I take pride in that when I tell people where I live!!

uvindex
07-20-2006, 06:35 PM
is what I hear from whinny people because they got a ticket, or saw them "standing around" at an accident scene, etc.. :cry:
Well next time you consider bashing the Police and/or Fire department, consider what else they have to do, like protecting your whinny ass from shiatheads like this...
If you don't like the police, don't call them when your house is getting burglarized...handle it yourself!Horses whinny. People whine or are whiny. :)

Southwest47
07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Horses whinny. People whine or are whiny. :)
Okay genius. Thanks for the grammar check. I'll be able to sleep tonight now.

uvindex
07-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Okay genius. Thanks for the grammar check. I'll be able to sleep tonight now.You're welcome.

HM
07-20-2006, 06:52 PM
We live at Redhawk. I've seen maybe two police cars anywhere near my house in the last eight years, not counting the ones that were here for me. ;)
I have had to call the cops countless times on my azzhole neighbor across the street. I pitty da fool that works for that guy. ;)
Btw - I saw the hopped up ATC 70. And people are giving the guy with two blowers are hard time.

HM
07-20-2006, 07:02 PM
$4500 and you can own one too. :D
I thought $4,500 was the stipped down model?

seanv
07-20-2006, 07:21 PM
well that right there is how they should do their job. they finished it right there. if someone is that lawless then put them in a bag not in a cell were we have to pay for, care for and feed for the duration of their existance.
i for one have called p.d. as well as had them called on me. i have personally seen the "hard case a.hole" turn into mr. nice when you show him respect and dont b.s. him.
i do have a small beef with officer greene. next time turn the car so all of us can see :crossx:

Mike67rs
07-20-2006, 08:28 PM
That cop deserves your respect. Im sure his family was waiting for him at home. Yet he continues to pursue the suspect even though he was taking rounds from a high power rifle firing rounds that would have easily penetrated his vest. That man is a hero. Most cops would do the same.

Havasu Cig
07-21-2006, 08:41 AM
After the North Hollywood incident we were issued AR-15's. Before I retired almost every car had one in it, and they have been used several times to stop incidents that before would have required SWAT. That is a perfect situation where a long gun would have been nice to have.

ChumpChange
07-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Don't forget they protect your kids at school too! :)

core attitude
07-21-2006, 09:18 PM
That cop deserves your respect. Im sure his family was waiting for him at home. Yet he continues to pursue the suspect even though he was taking rounds from a high power rifle firing rounds that would have easily penetrated his vest. That man is a hero. Most cops would do the same.
God...........is that you???? Why does someone who hasn't had any impact on my life....directly or indirectly deserve my respect? I don't know a thing about this guy........maybe at the end of his shift he goes home and treats his family like shit and kicks the dog around the house. Does he still “deserve” my respect solely based on this pursuit and irregardless of how he conducts other aspects of his life? I admire the fact that from what little I've seen, he seems to preform well in his chosen profession, but I sure as hell don't need to respect a person who's actions don't affect me in the least. That's just too funny........

Southwest47
07-21-2006, 11:00 PM
but I sure as hell don't need to respect a person who's actions don't affect me in the least.
Perhaps I misunderstood your post. You say his actions "don't affect me"? What if you were in the bank that day when he robbed it, or you were the guy he tried to carjack? If that cop hadn't done what he did, that piece of shiat bank robber would have still been robbing banks!
Also, do you really think a cops daily duties don't effect your lifestyle in the least? Try thinking for a second what your comfortable little world would be if there were not cops out there doing their job?

core attitude
07-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Perhaps I misunderstood your post. You say his actions "don't affect me"? What if you were in the bank that day when he robbed it, or you were the guy he tried to carjack? If that cop hadn't done what he did, that piece of shiat bank robber would have still been robbing banks!
Also, do you really think a cops daily duties don't effect your lifestyle in the least? Try thinking for a second what your comfortable little world would be if there were not cops out there doing their job?
You didn't misunderstand all of it but you did twist some of it, it would be different if I was “in the bank that day when he robbed it, or were the guy he tried to carjack?”, but I wasn't, so what he did, didn't affect me. That wasn't even local enough to me to have a ripple affect of impact on my life. I never once said I “ think a cops daily duties don't effect my lifestyle in the least”. I have great appreciation for many professions that affect my daily life, and many of those people I respect...........but then again, their actions affect my life.
As far as “thinking for a second what your comfortable little world would be if there were not cops out there doing their job?” This again is your twist, I wasn't “cop bashing”, and you don't know if my life is “comfortable” or “little”. I just don't believe that respect is owed to every single person who demands it, I sure as hell don't respect someone just because someone else tells me I should and I have "more" respect for those who's actions are tangible to me because they are close enough or relevant enough to my “little world”.

You Te
07-22-2006, 07:17 AM
What a bunch blah blah blah.