PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!! Credit Card Fraud!!!

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 05:38 AM
Come to work this morning......check my bank account.....and some mother focker has charged about $700 to a company called Handango out of Texas!!! :mad:
I only buy things online via Pay Pal. I have never had a problem in the last 5 or more years I have been doing this. Fock this pisses me off!!!! :mad: I wonder how they got my card info.....Now I have to do a credit report and make sure thats all copesetic!!! :argue:

RitcheyRch
07-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Seems more and more people are being affected by these scum bags.
Looks like they buying more computers or software to get their next victim.
http://www.handango.com/home.jsp?siteId=1

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 05:45 AM
Fock!! I have to wait 30 minutes for someone to get in so I can call on this...First gonna call the company and see what they say and tell them not to ship anything.....the charges were from this morning!!?? :mad:

RitcheyRch
07-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Good luck.

NorCal Gameshow
07-21-2006, 06:03 AM
The company I bought wheels from in SoCal will only ship to the address that the credit card company has for you. if all companies did that, it would slow credit card fraud down. in your case it would be great if the police would deliver the merchandise to the thief ;)
(unless of course this was just an honest mistake)

AltarGirl
07-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Come to work this morning......check my bank account.....and some mother focker has charged about $700 to a company called Handango out of Texas!!! :mad:
I only buy things online via Pay Pal. I have never had a problem in the last 5 or more years I have been doing this. Fock this pisses me off!!!! :mad: I wonder how they got my card info.....Now I have to do a credit report and make sure thats all copesetic!!! :argue:
This same thing happened to me w/my debit card last week! It was the day before I bought my car so I was sweating that big time! I had about $900 stolen, but luckily it was all put back.
People are so smart about this whole thing, you'll never know how they got the number unfortunately :rolleyes:

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 06:23 AM
I just got off the phone with the company Handango....and the bank....
Handango was nice enough to give me the guys name and address.....Im still confused on how my card would work with a different name and address....
The dudes name is:
Ta Nguyen Minh Duc !!!!! :mad:
Is there anyway I can go after this guy???

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 06:24 AM
This same thing happened to me w/my debit card last week! It was the day before I bought my car so I was sweating that big time! I had about $900 stolen, but luckily it was all put back.
People are so smart about this whole thing, you'll never know how they got the number unfortunately :rolleyes:
Hopefully this guy wasnt smart.....Im trying to buy my new bike this weekend this is the last thing I need!!! :mad:

cave
07-21-2006, 06:35 AM
It happen to me and Pay Pal took care of it. It froze my paypal account for 3 months. Lucky for you you caught this early.
Thieves have a choice to send items to other than the listed address so long as they type in the correct address for the card. It could be as simple as the correct zip code.
Its almost impossible to catch the fockers because they send these items to addresses they know no one is home. Fed ex and UPS routinely leave packages without a signature. Thats when the crooks pick them up. So I was told by paypal.

THATJEFFGUY
07-21-2006, 06:35 AM
Handango was nice enough to give me the guys name and address.....Im still confused on how my card would work with a different name and address....
The dudes name is:
Time to pay him a little visit ! :crossx:

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Thats what I was thinking.....He lives in Gray Court, SC!!! :crossx:

JetBoatRich
07-21-2006, 07:17 AM
ROAD TRIP :rolleyes:

BadKachina
07-21-2006, 07:24 AM
I go online and check my account everyday. Good thing you checked it out before it got out of hand. I doubt you'd find the a-hole at that address anyways. It's probably some post office box or mail box etc.. :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
07-21-2006, 07:31 AM
I agree, you wont have any luck in finding him. Atleast you were able to get it straightened out with the company and hopefully the credit card company will stop payment on the items.

DelawareDave
07-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Well, I just got a call from my bank's fraud dept. Seems someone in Canada has a fake copy of my card. :mad: 4 separate charges yesterday. They must be hungry cause one of them was at a grocery store. Then they needed gas to get home with the goods! Now I got to go thru a bunch of crapola to get a new card. The only good thing is I will save some money cause my wife can't use the card now til the new ones get here! :rolleyes:
Oh- the bank is replacing the missing funds. :)

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Didnt even think about changing the passwords....thanks for the tip...doing that now...
I check the statements everyday as well.....caught this before it posted....I guess he bought downloadable programs online....so it probably is a phone address...

Cheap Thrills
07-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Thats only an hour from where I live ! :mad:
C.T. :wink:

shueman
07-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Let the Fraud Dept handle it..... :220v:

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Thats only an hour from where I live ! :mad:
C.T. :wink:
So how much is this gonna cost me.... :crossx:
Let the Fraud Dept handle it.....
If I could find him, I would sue the crap out of him and throw a huge HB party with the money!!!

Jesster
07-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Call the 3 credit reporting agencies and have them put a fraud alert on all the cards. Here is the info it only takes a few minutes. I think you really only need to call one and the rest automatically put it on but ask the first one you call to make sure.
Credit Bureau Fraud Departments
TransUnion
Fraud Victim Assistance Department
Phone: 800-680-7289
Fax: 714-447-6034
P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92634-6790
Equifax
Consumer Fraud Division
Phone: 800-525-6285 or: 404-885-8000
Fax: 770-375-2821
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
Experian
Experian's National Consumer Assistance
Phone: 888-397-3742
P.O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 08:44 AM
anyone know how to find out what the local police dept is????

RitcheyRch
07-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Good info and advice. Thanks.
Call the 3 credit reporting agencies and have them put a fraud alert on all the cards. Here is the info it only takes a few minutes. I think you really only need to call one and the rest automatically put it on but ask the first one you call to make sure.
Credit Bureau Fraud Departments
TransUnion
Fraud Victim Assistance Department
Phone: 800-680-7289
Fax: 714-447-6034
P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92634-6790
Equifax
Consumer Fraud Division
Phone: 800-525-6285 or: 404-885-8000
Fax: 770-375-2821
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
Experian
Experian's National Consumer Assistance
Phone: 888-397-3742
P.O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013

sintax
07-21-2006, 08:54 AM
my lady got hit with this yesterday as well. $900 charged to her debit card from a place called PC Mall. For a laser printer.
This shits lame.

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 09:08 AM
my lady got hit with this yesterday as well. $900 charged to her debit card from a place called PC Mall. For a laser printer.
This shits lame.
Hell yeah it is...!! Worked damn hard on HB to earn that money :p That was part of my down for my new bike!!! :mad: Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get that back.

Ntwotrance
07-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Brings up a few things people need to remember, first, always check your statements every month. Second, don't stand there holding your credit card or leave your wallet open in line at stores, people are now flashing pics of peoples info in lines with their cell phone cameras, growing trend. Next, watch the clerk who is running your info (have had cases where tclerks are swiping the card through a reader and selling your info).

RitcheyRch
07-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Interesting. Seems these thieves will do anything to keep them from actually having a real job.
Brings up a few things people need to remember, first, always check your statements every month. Second, don't stand there holding your credit card or leave your wallet open in line at stores, people are now flashing pics of peoples info in lines with their cell phone cameras, growing trend. Next, watch the clerk who is running your info (have had cases where tclerks are swiping the card through a reader and selling your info).

Ntwotrance
07-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Interesting. Seems these thieves will do anything to keep them from actually having a real job.
So true

Jesster
07-21-2006, 09:37 AM
A good bank will replace funds the next business day pending fraud paperwork. They will require some signatures on afadavits from you stating the charges weren't yours or caused by you, but you shouldn't have to wait any more than a day for funds to be returned. This is from experience on 2 seperate occasions and 2 different banks.

rrrr
07-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the cash!!!! Whoever said that Vietnamese are hard workers is right. Ta Nguyen Minh Duc and his family are making my life nice and easy..... :crossx:
Just kidding!! I hope your bank will refund the dough and prosecute the guy....

No Name
07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
ThatÂ’s a long way to go to receive an azz whoppingÂ….just kidding. :D
Sorry to hear of your troubles. :mad:

buzzaro
07-21-2006, 03:47 PM
The dudes name is:
You have his name and address....do you have a baseball bat and a shotgun? Nevermind, just read hes in SC. Perhaps call the cops and see if they know of someway to handle this thing.....a division for fraud or online crimes or something?

Silver
07-21-2006, 04:47 PM
U can call the credit companies and put a mark on your SS #.
Everytime someone just to use it they have to go through a verification process. The hold/mark (not sure what u call it), stays for a couple of years.