PDA

View Full Version : Info on Mid 90's Lotus..?

HammerDown
07-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Looking for some feedback on a 1996 Lotus Esprit 4/cylinder w/20,000 miles on it.
Good, Bad, hard to find parts, stay away from it etc ?
I always liked the looks of the mid 90's car and a white one is available in my local area from a private owner.
Thanks.

HammerDown
07-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Nothing...?

shadow
07-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Looking for some feedback on a 1996 Lotus Esprit 4/cylinder w/20,000 miles on it.
I always liked the looks of the mid 90's car and a white one is available in my local area from a private owner.
Thanks.
PM Darrell's Bro here on ***boat.He's had a couple of them and familiar with
specifics and values.

spectras only
07-22-2006, 08:33 AM
If it isn't the turbo model , I wouldn't bother , because of resale value . Difficult to see out of it , and even the window frame obstructing forward view .It's only my opinion and there're lot of crazy peeps liking this Lotus stuff :) .My colleague had a recent twin turbo V-8 that performed pretty good but still had visibility issues and he sold his. My neighbor has a couple of Lotus Europas [ even worse to see out :p ] and he's selling them , because got the new Elise and can't have enough of it :rollside:
Try to find an Ultima GTR with a sbc , that would do circles around the Lotus' :)

MBlaster
07-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks.
The turbo4 can be problematic. Esprits are not known for their reliability, and parts could be a bitch. However they are cool and are great handling cars.
I'm sure there are some lotus forums on the net for you to research. Personally I'm a Porsche /BMW guy, the german stuff is always solid.

Jbb
07-22-2006, 11:46 AM
one need not say anything more than....Lucas electrical system.... :p

Tom Brown
07-22-2006, 11:51 AM
one need not say anything more than....Lucas electrical system.... :p
There's nothing more impressive to a woman than riding along on a beautiful day with the top down in an MG Midget roadster... the car dies, you pull over on the highway to check a bunch of stuff out, after everything tests fine, you try the key, it fires right up, and you take her home pretending it never happened. :D

Ken F
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
That's why the english drink warm beer-they have lucas refrigerators.

HammerDown
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info...I passed on that car. I'll be on the hunt for a later 90's v-8 turbo :cool: