PDA

View Full Version : Catalina

Powerquestboy
01-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Anyone know if you can rent a huge to moderately big boat to take a group of people to Catalina for the weekend. I want something we can stay the entire weekend on, cook, booze etc. Not sure if anything like this exists.

Havasu Hangin'
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Ask Burt.

h2oski2fast
01-09-2006, 06:35 PM
You could probably find a charter, but I don't know about rent it.

Riverkid
01-09-2006, 06:36 PM
How many people?

Powerquestboy
01-09-2006, 07:56 PM
How many people?

burtandnancy
01-09-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm glad you asked. We just did one of the finest trips of all! Took 18 family members to the island on a 70' Chris, with captain, 1st mate, but left the chef at home as Nancy wanted to do the food aboard and the rest of the meals were ashore. The name of the boat was White Light out of Newport Beach, but the charter company has many more boats. Their boat was excellent, the captain and crew great, we got lucky with the weather and dolphin show. Look up American Yacht Charters on the net or phone them at 800 609 2248.
One point of interest; this 70 footer was way big for only 18 of us. From the fly bridge, fordeck, cabins, etc, we had all the room in the world...

Powerquestboy
01-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Awesome, Thanks for the response Burt. This is exactly what I am looking for. Do you mind if I ask how much (ballpark) we are looking at to do something like this? We basically want the same thing, captain and a first mate as we like to do the cooking. How many days did you go for? Feel free to PM me, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Jeff

Powerquestboy
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Bizump

Captain Dan
01-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm curious now - how much to charter such a fine vessel for the day, or for an overnight trip?
Anyone?

burtandnancy
01-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Powerquest, Captain Dan, will answer your quick requests, then Powerquest, I'll go to the message center. The White Light, a 70' Chris Craft, updated with stabilizers amoung other things, ran us approximately $2500 complete, included fuel, crew, landing and boarding fee's at the island. We chartered for one 12 hour day and the travel time at 15 kts was just under 2 hours. This boat had 3 staterooms (we didn't use) and 3 heads. The round trip was smooth both ways, recommend it to anyone with a group of 30 or less. American Yacht Charters has other boats as well...

Captain Dan
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Powerquest, Captain Dan, will answer your quick requests, then Powerquest, I'll go to the message center. The White Light, a 70' Chris Craft, updated with stabilizers amoung other things, ran us approximately $2500 complete, included fuel, crew, landing and boarding fee's at the island. We chartered for one 12 hour day and the travel time at 15 kts was just under 2 hours. This boat had 3 staterooms (we didn't use) and 3 heads. The round trip was smooth both ways, recommend it to anyone with a group of 30 or less. American Yacht Charters has other boats as well...
thanks for the info - I checked out the website - it looked like a great time!