PDA

View Full Version : Verizon wireless, Motorola Razr & Smart Home

Havasu_Dreamin
07-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Don't know if anyone can help with this but I thought I would try anyway. We've got the smart home in our Havasu pad. This enables us to call the house before we leave and turn the AC on so it's nice and comfortable, some say cold, when we roll in. Previously with my Verizon LG 6000 phone, no problems. However, last week I updated to the new Motorola Razr and now the smart home computer won't take the code I need to "login" to the computer. It's as if the computer either does not recognize the "code" being sent or the phone does not even send it. Did not have this problem on my previous phone. Any ideas?

Riverkid
07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Maybe try inserting a pause between each login digit? Maybe the phone is spitting the number out to quickly (assuming you have this programmed into your speed dial as a macro?)

upsman105
07-23-2006, 07:46 PM
You can also adjust the volume on the buttons---the sound it makes when you punch them...maybe the comp. is not hearing them.

Outnumbered
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Not sure about these new phones but the old-school phones used to have an option for this type of touch-tone access thing. I can't remember what it was called but it was a setting in the phone that made the tones uniform length and volume regardless of how long you held the keys down.

Outnumbered
07-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Just looked it up, it was called DTMF settings.

http404
07-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Just looked it up, it was called DTMF settings.
You know what that stands for.
Dial The Mother #ucker

Cheap Thrills
07-23-2006, 08:51 PM
You know what that stands for.
Dial The Mother #ucker
Ha .. actually it's Dual Tone Multiple Frequency .
C.T. :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'll see if that is what the problem is.

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Got a roomfull of Einsteins on HB :p

Havasu_Dreamin
08-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the problem was with the phone line equipment at the house. Apparently there is some part in there that needs to be replaced fairly often due to the extreme heat in Havasu. Technician replaced that part and all is working fine again.

Sleek316
08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm going to hook up a system I just bought that includes the router & the coordinating T-Stat. I should be able to call the house remote and activate the T-stat.
Parts were less than $150 hope the install is as easy. I'll let anyone interested know how this turns out.