PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio Antenna

Southwest47
01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
My buddy has a standard satellite radio antenna that he said the installer dyed white to match the boat. Does anybody know how to do this, or where I can get this done? I don't want to put a black satellite antenna on a white boat!! Anyone in the Riverside or Temecula area?

Outnumbered
01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
My buddy has a standard satellite radio antenna that he said the installer dyed white to match the boat. Does anybody know how to do this, or where I can get this done? I don't want to put a black satellite antenna on a white boat!! Anyone in the Riverside or Temecula area?
Probably used that vinyl spray that you buy at Pep Boys etc.

Outnumbered
01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/images/crop0016vf.jpg

phebus
01-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I painted mine with Krylon spray paint made for plastics, and followed it with a couple coats of clear. If you are good with a rattle can, it comes out looking great. Just make sure you don't use a metalicized paint.

ROZ
01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I painted mine with Krylon spray paint made for plastics, and followed it with a couple coats of clear. If you are good with a rattle can, it comes out looking great. Just make sure you don't use a metalicized paint.
WE HAVE A WINNA! :D

riverbound
01-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Thats what I would have done :D
If I knew anything about audio ;)