PDA

View Full Version : Airator on your pools?

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Supposedly it helps keep your pool cooler, how long does it need to run to work? My pool is like bathwater right now and these 115 degree plus days aren't helping.

moneypit
07-24-2006, 08:19 AM
I cant see how it would help in this heat. Couple blocks of ice and run the hose on the days you want to swim. Just dont dive in to the block of ice! :rolleyes:

Jordy
07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
You're supposed to run them at night and they do help, although not as much when it's still 95 degrees at night. I've been using my spa to cook with as it's been getting over 110 degrees from the heat.
Supposed to start cooling off though by this weekend. Talking like 104 for the high. Better bust out your winter gear!! :D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 08:26 AM
You're supposed to run them at night and they do help, although not as much when it's still 95 degrees at night. I've been using my spa to cook with as it's been getting over 110 degrees from the heat.
Supposed to start cooling off though by this weekend. Talking like 104 for the high. Better bust out your winter gear!! :D :D :D
Dude, anything is better than this. Im a prisoner in my home,

Jordy
07-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Im a prisoner in my home,
C'mon now, you should be able to get that ankle bracelet off and set it next to the monitoring station. :D

NautiTwins
07-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Dude, anything is better than this. Im a prisoner in my home,
I just went through this, this weekend. my pool was 99 degrees.. I had a bunch of people coming over and wanted to cool it down. I froze, no joke, 10 1 gallon milk jugs, backwashed the pool and took about 6 inches of water out, then filled it with the hose. Left the airator on all night. She got down to a wonderful, 96 degrees.

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 05:39 PM
So I am just screwed, period.

TCHB
07-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Yes if you run the pump (bubbler) at night it will cool the water off. A friend has a big waterfall type pool and when he runs it it cools it down at least 10 degrees in Havasu. When we run our founain the water stays cool due to the evaporation.

Insurance God
07-24-2006, 06:02 PM
PM or email BlingBling. He is the pool guru.

Riomouse911
07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Ya, don't waste the money on it. Freezing the water jugs is a geat idea, and adding fresh water to the pool helps a bit, too.

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Just went out to check the airator, it's busted , I'll have to get a new one in the AM. I'll check the thermometer and see what the results look like. Thanks for the input.

mickeyfinn
07-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Go get about 50lbs of dry ice. That will take it down a few degrees. The fog will be cool. Will really **** up your chemistry though. pH will nosedive, add plenty of buffer.

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Go get about 50lbs of dry ice. That will take it down a few degrees. The fog will be cool. Will really **** up your chemistry though. pH will nosedive, add plenty of buffer.
We did that before, we also made "depth charges" with dry ice, water and evian bottles. KABOOOM!

2Driver
07-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Not sure if its like yours but mine comes on with the filter and cast a spray (from the tile height) over the pool. Quite a bit comes out but it does nothing to cool the pool as it was intended. I turn it on when my 5 year old son has friend over. Other than that it has no use.
But then again our nights are cooler. My pool never goes over 87 up here. Felt nice today. :rollside:

KACHINA KEN
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Not sure if its like yours but mine comes on with the filter and cast a spray (from the tile height) over the pool. Quite a bit comes out but it does nothing to cool the pool as it was intended. I turn it on when my 5 year old son has friend over. Other than that it has no use.
But then again our nights are cooler. My pool never goes over 87 up here. Felt nice today. :rollside:
Where are you?