PDA

View Full Version : Props to Magic34!!

ViB
07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
I just wanted to thank Mike publicly for the help with some new (to us anyway) speaker designs, advice, and references to suppliers. It seems like many people these days are only concerned with what they will get immediately in return and he is DEFINITELY not that way! He went out of his way to find info for us, designs, and offer help in any way he could! A class act all the way.
Thanks again,
Stu

Jyruiz
07-25-2006, 12:55 PM
So what does the new designs look like? I am looking for a pair of covers for my 12" subs.

Ziggy
07-25-2006, 12:59 PM
And the Drywash-n-Gaurd works great too :)
Saw you on the water Friday afternoon Juan........you took off right in front of me.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-25-2006, 01:08 PM
So, when will the new designs be on your website?

ViB
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
We'll have 'drawings' of the new designs up within the week. Availability of the new designs will be about 6 weeks. Every other design is currently in stock at Rex's right now....
Also, we will have some of Cutting Edge Marine's (aka RD) transom switch plates available by late next week, but I'll leave that to a future thread.

PHX ATC
07-25-2006, 05:45 PM
I second that.
Mike is a good guy. Stand up dude with some old school conviction and class. Not much left of that these days.
:)

Essex29
07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I second that.
Mike is a good guy. Stand up dude with some old school conviction and class. Not much left of that these days.
I will second that! :boxed:

INSman
07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Does this guy do some kind of MAGIC ???? Work at the Magic Castle ??

Magic34
07-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks Stu for the comments. You are welcome for whatever I could add to the conversation. What you are doing now is what I wanted to do when I was doing the biz, just running 2 companies took up too much time to make both 100% successful. And the fact that I hate billet now too. :crossx: Someone come get these damn speaker covers out of my garage. :rollside: :p
Thanks for the kind comments from the rest of you as well. I never expected something like that to be said, and it is a neat feeling to know that you are respected by the words you write. Thank you.

INSman
07-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks Stu for the comments. You are welcome for whatever I could add to the conversation. What you are doing now is what I wanted to do when I was doing the biz, just running 2 companies took up too much time to make both 100% successful. And the fact that I hate billet now too. :crossx: Someone come get these damn speaker covers out of my garage. :rollside: :p
Thanks for the kind comments from the rest of you as well. I never expected something like that to be said, and it is a neat feeling to know that you are respected by the words you write. Thank you.
I am looking for some shutters, have any lying around ??!!?? :rollside:

Rocky
07-25-2006, 09:11 PM
What do you have left in 6.5" ? Any trucker girls?

Magic34
07-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I am looking for some shutters, have any lying around ??!!?? :rollside:
What really sucks about that whole deal..... I was helping someone out, not making a dime because a good friend gets them at a great price, and the mfg screwed up on the sizes. Well, I went to their house to pick up the wrong sized shutters with my lovely 4500 Kodiak, and in lifting all the boxes (about 20) and some were really heavy, I have now found out that I tore 2 ligaments in my left wrist. So either live with the pain, or go have surgery... and for what??? :mad: True, I was helping someone out, but they had money, I was just trying to be a nice guy. It wasn't like I was helping someone furnish their mobile home, it was a 3800 sf ft custom home worth $1 mil.

Magic34
07-25-2006, 10:01 PM
No trucker girls, and yes to 6.5".

ViB
07-26-2006, 06:15 AM
got the girls in stock, call Rex Marine.

Not So Fast
07-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Hey, I just finished my speaker cover install of sub cover's and 6x9's and they look great and for an ACCEPTABLE price, expensive yes but I dont feel like I was ripped off either. Stu has been great as has Mike and Brian at REX. Mine even made it in the website gallery for www.viciousbillet.com. :D :D NSF

Jyruiz
07-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Hey, I just finished my speaker cover install of sub cover's and 6x9's and they look great and for an ACCEPTABLE price, expensive yes but I dont feel like I was ripped off either. Stu has been great as has Mike and Brian at REX. Mine even made it in the website gallery for www.viciousbillet.com. :D :D NSF
I was looking at the gallery yesterday and was thinking, those colors look familiar, now I know why. I need to get two covers for my subs, I like the ones you installed, but how pointy and sharp are they? I got little kids and I don't want them getting stuck on them.

Not So Fast
07-26-2006, 07:27 AM
I was looking at the gallery yesterday and was thinking, those colors look familiar, now I know why. I need to get two covers for my subs, I like the ones you installed, but how pointy and sharp are they? I got little kids and I don't want them getting stuck on them.
I know what you mean cause I have a grand daughter so I've been hesitant to buy them (also because of inflated prices of others) because of her inquizitive (sp?) nature. She also like to save little "rocks?" :rolleyes: and puts them in the cupholders which rattle like hell in there. So far no problems and we were out yesterday with her. I don't think it would hurt anything if there were any sharp points to hit them with a Dremmel from the inside to smooth them a little. If you would like to see them in person just pm me and I'll give you my address, we're home all the time. Oh yeah, we're in Havasu. NSF (Bobby)

Jyruiz
07-26-2006, 07:36 AM
I know what you mean cause I have a grand daughter so I've been hesitant to buy them (also because of inflated prices of others) because of her inquizitive (sp?) nature. She also like to save little "rocks?" :rolleyes: and puts them in the cupholders which rattle like hell in there. So far no problems and we were out yesterday with her. I don't think it would hurt anything if there were any sharp points to hit them with a Dremmel from the inside to smooth them a little. If you would like to see them in person just pm me and I'll give you my address, we're home all the time. Oh yeah, we're in Havasu. NSF (Bobby)
Thanks, I appreciate the offer and might take you up on it next time I am out there. I don't think it would be a problem either because of where my subs are, but you know how little ones are, real inquisitive. Here is a pic of where my subs are, the other one is on the passenger seat facing the same way.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15906&stc=1

sigepmock
07-26-2006, 07:44 AM
I second that.
That guy is punk and a snob.....and I hear he likes little boys :crossx:
j/k Michael.
Chris

ViB
07-26-2006, 08:08 AM
A couple of the new designs we have don't have ANY sharp edges on them. I will try to get pictures of the them on the site today.

Not So Fast
07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the offer and might take you up on it next time I am out there. I don't think it would be a problem either because of where my subs are, but you know how little ones are, real inquisitive. Here is a pic of where my subs are, the other one is on the passenger seat facing the same way.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15906&stc=1
wow, I'm surprised you havent had a sub with a hole problem what with no covers at all. If the kids havent hurt them yet then they must know to not touch daddy's stuff :D Some nice covers would really spice that up for sure. give me a shout if and when?? NSF

Jyruiz
07-26-2006, 08:48 AM
wow, I'm surprised you havent had a sub with a hole problem what with no covers at all. If the kids havent hurt them yet then they must know to not touch daddy's stuff :D Some nice covers would really spice that up for sure. give me a shout if and when?? NSF
Lol, that is the only pic I have, there are covers on the subs at all times, but the stock ones that came with it suck and the one on the driver side falls off real easy, I never leave the subs exposed.

RiverDave
07-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Magic34, just wanted to say that the Dri - Wash stuff is working out well. I've been running around with JackPunx quite a bit out at the river. For some reason his boat is running real rich / fouling out plugs etc.. so you can imagine what the transom has looked like on the last 3 trips out. After the 1st trip we washed it with Dri Wash and it came off pretty easily. The second and third trips, now that the dri wash is on the transom, you can literally wipe it off with a damp towel if you want. Mark was pretty blown away by how easy all the black soot came off since he started using it.
RD

lucky
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Magic34, just wanted to say that the Dri - Wash stuff is working out well. I've been running around with JackPunx quite a bit out at the river. For some reason his boat is running real rich / fouling out plugs etc.. so you can imagine what the transom has looked like on the last 3 trips out. After the 1st trip we washed it with Dri Wash and it came off pretty easily. The second and third trips, now that the dri wash is on the transom, you can literally wipe it off with a damp towel if you want. Mark was pretty blown away by how easy all the black soot came off since he started using it.
RD
you should try some on your nose -- lmao - morning rd

RiverDave
07-26-2006, 09:46 AM
you should try some on your nose -- lmao - morning rd
I don't pimp shit unless it works.. I'm not getting anything out of it, this shiznit works.. ;)
And incidentally I just might try some on my nose.. See if it helps with that brown soot that's all over it. :D
Good morning Lucky.. You buy Rushin Roulette yet?
RD

ViB
07-26-2006, 10:03 AM
And speaking of pimpin sh*t, I'll be giving a huge thanks to RD here soon too!!
(just so you didn't think I forgot about ya RD) :rollside:

lucky
07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't pimp shit unless it works.. I'm not getting anything out of it, this shiznit works.. ;)
And incidentally I just might try some on my nose.. See if it helps with that brown soot that's all over it. :D
Good morning Lucky.. You buy Rushin Roulette yet?
RD
if he will trade my my pot to piss in for his boat -- you bettcha

RiverDave
07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
And speaking of pimpin sh*t, I'll be giving a huge thanks to RD here soon too!!
(just so you didn't think I forgot about ya RD) :rollside:
I'm saving up my favors for the California Speedway.. LOL :D
RD

Jyruiz
07-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Ok, where are the pics of the new designs? :crossx:

ViB
07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Ok, where are the pics of the new designs? :crossx:
The web page now looks like cr*p, but the new pics are here :cry:
http://www.viciousbillet.com/products.asp

Jyruiz
07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
The web page now looks like cr*p, but the new pics are here :cry:
http://www.viciousbillet.com/products.asp
I like the Bars, now my only question is, my sub moves pretty good so how much space is there above the spaker?

ViB
07-27-2006, 02:08 PM
the distance varies by size ie. the 12" has more clearance than the 10". in some auto applications with 'high throw' subs, we've had to use spacers (nice washers) under the mounting tabs.
The 12" cover from flat base to inside has approx. a little over 1 1/4" clearance. The 10" cover has a little over 1".
hope this helps.

Jyruiz
07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
the distance varies by size ie. the 12" has more clearance than the 10". in some auto applications with 'high throw' subs, we've had to use spacers (nice washers) under the mounting tabs.
The 12" cover from flat base to inside has approx. a little over 1 1/4" clearance. The 10" cover has a little over 1".
hope this helps.
Do you provide these nice washers?

Havasu_Dreamin
07-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Will the prices for the bar design be the same as the prices for the other designs? Also, when will the bar deisgn be available and can you get it powdercoated in pewter or just polished?

ViB
07-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Do you provide these nice washers?
nope, that is a 'custom' item to each application... at least that's what I'm going with :rollside:

ViB
07-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Will the prices for the bar design be the same as the prices for the other designs? Also, when will the bar deisgn be available and can you get it powdercoated in pewter or just polished?
Yes on the prices. Should be available in about 5-6 weeks. Coloring will be up to the dealers, as we don't offer coloring from the factory.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes on the prices. Should be available in about 5-6 weeks. Coloring will be up to the dealers, as we don't offer coloring from the factory.
So you send them out polished then or?

Magic34
07-27-2006, 03:12 PM
So you send them out polished then or?
I think they are all polished from VB, but check with him to be sure.

ViB
07-27-2006, 03:23 PM
They all come in a mirror-like polish from us. Some of the dealers Rex and Livorsi, will powder coat them for customers.

Not So Fast
07-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I like the Bars, now my only question is, my sub moves pretty good so how much space is there above the spaker?
JY, I just installed some new Infinity Perfect Kappa 10.1 (long name for a damn speaker huh?) subs replacing Kicker Marine's i got with the boat, anyway i was concerned also that the speaker would hit but so far I have not seen it do it, not much room to spare though. NSF

Jyruiz
07-27-2006, 06:35 PM
JY, I just installed some new Infinity Perfect Kappa 10.1 (long name for a damn speaker huh?) subs replacing Kicker Marine's i got with the boat, anyway i was concerned also that the speaker would hit but so far I have not seen it do it, not much room to spare though. NSF
I need to check yours out, it looks real clean.