PDA

View Full Version : Dish Network or Direct TV???

grads2112
07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
I've always had cable but I am thinking of making the switch to satelite and I want to know which one is better Dish Network or Direct TV?

Rod-64
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Network has Sirius music channels and Direct has XM.
I have Network with all the channels plus the HD receiver.
Peeps have had negative things to say about both systems from time to time but I've never had a prob with Network.

Fire Angler
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I've always had cable but I am thinking of making the switch to satelite and I want to know which one is better Dish Network or Direct TV?
If your a Football fan, then there is only Directv. :)

Rod-64
07-25-2006, 01:16 PM
If your a Football fan, then there is only Directv. :)
Good point! Forgot about that one. :rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
07-25-2006, 01:18 PM
I have dish... I love it. Cable in my area is a joke...almost $60 a month with basic. I have had dish alittle over a year. Th eonly time I have lost signal is when it was raining over 2" a hour. Other then that its never gone out. Can't say that for cable... Oh yeah plus its alot cheaper. My dad has Direct tv. IMO they are very close to each other. Slighty diffrent programing, other then that they are basicly the same. I do recomend the DVR option if you can get it.

squirt'nmyload
07-25-2006, 01:21 PM
if you want nfl sunday ticket then get directv....i've had it for about 5 years and i love it...we get the total plus premier package(i think thats what its called) and it's about 100 bucks a month with 2 tivo recievers

syke-o
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
direct tv has worked great for me thus far...

HocusPocus
07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I have had Direct tv since the first day it came out. i have a total of 5 recievers, 2 with the dvr and one with HD. Never had any problems.. i still have the original rca reciever and card but not hooked up.

All IN
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
DIREC TV is the best. I have 6 recievers , 3 have Tivo. If you like football Direc is the only answer. I also get ABC, NBC, ABC and fox east coast feed.
Which means I get all shows 3 hours earlier.

Riveratz
07-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I am a Dealer for both and I will say you will be happier with DirecTV.
PM if you want more info. We install everywhere!

HCS
07-25-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm dumping Dish Network. All I pay for is cartoons.
It sucks.

grads2112
07-25-2006, 02:19 PM
which one has more HD channels?

Fire Angler
07-25-2006, 03:09 PM
which one has more HD channels?
The Directv guy told me that Directv is launching a new satellite late summer, he said Directv will have almost 200 channels in HD. There is also a new Tivo/HD receiver coming out when the new bird is launched.

RitcheyRch
07-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Direct TV here and NFL Sunday Ticket since the beginning. Could NEVER imagine going back to cable.

Waist Deep
07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
From what I hear, a FTA receiver worked for Dish up until a couple weeks ago. Therefore, Dish would be a good option. This is just what I heard! I know they are illegal though.

barbigrl
07-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I was actually just going to start a thread on how HORRIBLE Directv is!! I have had the biggest headache with his company!! You call to set it up, they are located back east then hey contract out the work to a GHETTO company here in california! The techs try to trick you out of more money. "OH my boss won't let me hook that up, but I will if you pay me a $100 bucks directly" I was actually just on the phone with them lodging a huge complaint!! I am returning most of the equipment! I could write a novel on the issues I have had!
DO NOT GO WITH THEM!!! I even have friends who have had a TERRIBLE TIME!!!

DeeCandyBar
07-25-2006, 04:14 PM
I was actually just going to start a thread on how HORRIBLE Directv is!! I have had the biggest headache with his company!! You call to set it up, they are located back east then hey contract out the work to a GHETTO company here in california! The techs try to trick you out of more money. "OH my boss won't let me hook that up, but I will if you pay me a $100 bucks directly" I was actually just on the phone with them lodging a huge complaint!! I am returning most of the equipment! I could write a novel on the issues I have had!
DO NOT GO WITH THEM!!! I even have friends who have had a TERRIBLE TIME!!!
Oh please!
Call DirecTV (1-800-DIRECTV) and you'll get quality service and hookups. If you had a "ghetto company" then call them and tell them.
DirecTV is THE way to go!

barbigrl
07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh please!
Call DirecTV (1-800-DIRECTV) and you'll get quality service and hookups. If you had a "ghetto company" then call them and tell them.
DirecTV is THE way to go!
Um why don't you calll them, have them look up my account and have the rep read the notes on my file bud!

blown65
07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Ive had both and would chose DTV anyday.
I dislike both thier Customer service though, usually ends up someone you cant freaking understand on the phone and could care less to talk with ya.

jbtrailerjim
07-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Direct TV has a good product but their customer service blows! A bunch of f*cking rude retards on the phone that couldn't care less about whatever problem you have. I've set up appointments for them to come out (more than once) and they just flat don't even show up. I dread whenever I have a problem because I know I'm gonna have to deal with the dipshits in customer service again. :rolleyes:

HOOTER SLED-
07-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Can you get DirectTV with just the movies and sports and not buy the basic channels?
My HOA provides basic cable and high speed internet so turning off my cable would be throwing money away. But I don't want to pay for the same channels twice either.
Your answer would be yes. I did this for a while.

John.
07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
We have dish. come over and check out the channel options. the OLN channel is now available on Dish again. i don't think there are many HD channels, but it does require a different/additional receiver. I think you probably get more HD channels on your cable.
If you do want dishl, i'll give you a little referral form so i can get a free month of tv. :cool:

grads2112
07-25-2006, 06:28 PM
I think we're going to go with Direct TV because of the NFL ticket. Although I like the Dish too because they carry the Water Channel.

John.
07-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I think we're going to go with Direct TV because of the NFL ticket. Although I like the Dish too because they carry the Water Channel.
Water Channel? i'm going to have to look for that one...
Sunday football parties at your house this winter!..or Eric's garage.

grads2112
07-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Water Channel? i'm going to have to look for that one...
Sunday football parties at your house this winter!..or Eric's garage.
It won't be at Eric's unless you want watch the Patriots with him and his group of band wagoners. Go Niners!

dmontzsta
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
dish ABSOLUTELY SUCKS MY ASS!
I have 8 days left in my contract and I am bailing at the stroke of midnight.
**** THEM

RitcheyRch
07-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Hopefully you are signing up with Direct TV.
dish ABSOLUTELY SUCKS MY ASS!
I have 8 days left in my contract and I am bailing at the stroke of midnight.
**** THEM

a catered life
07-26-2006, 07:50 AM
DIRECTTV IS THE WAY TO GO....4 receivers now and we have had it 4 years now and have had only 1 freaking problem and that was caused by the weather :cool: the customer service is great and unlike most larger companies these days you can talk to a real person very quickly........also fyi after the football season pass the nba season pass is awesome got it last year for the first time and loved it

dmontzsta
07-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Hopefully you are signing up with Direct TV.
yeah, no doubt. I had them before and they were flawless, unlike this POS dish.
:mad:

RitcheyRch
07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Good to hear. Have had DTV for years and never have had any issues.
yeah, no doubt. I had them before and they were flawless, unlike this POS dish.
:mad:

blown65
07-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Direct TV has a good product but their customer service blows! A bunch of f*cking rude retards on the phone that couldn't care less about whatever problem you have. I've set up appointments for them to come out (more than once) and they just flat don't even show up. I dread whenever I have a problem because I know I'm gonna have to deal with the dipshits in customer service again. :rolleyes:
Dont worry, DishNetwork is just as bad if not worse. :)