PDA

View Full Version : Spam Folder

KineticoH20
01-10-2006, 10:03 AM
The new spam folder is a clusterF@$$ for those of us selling boats or those looking for a boat, the threads are all manner of crap ie...cars.parts, tires,boats cycles etc... It would be much easier for those looking for boats or selling to see all the most recent ads in the first page rather than sifting through 10 pages of misc ads. The last I looked this was Hot Boat. I plead with the moderators to either change the format or make a boat 4 sale folder. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Jordy
01-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Looking for boats? Try here:
http://www2.***boat.com/classifieds/index.php

Chubby4Life
01-10-2006, 10:06 AM
That would make sense. BTW, have members had good luck selling their boat on Hot Boat?

NOTALENT
01-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Lot's of people have had good luck on here.
As for the folder that's a good idea seeing how the classified section doesn't work right either.

KineticoH20
01-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Looking for boats? Try here:
http://www2.***boat.com/classifieds/index.php
I do understand there is a classified section, and am sure it has it's place, however it does not allow the interaction between interested parties to banter.

h2oski2fast
01-10-2006, 10:14 AM
I do understand there is a classified section, and am sure it has it's place, however it does not allow the interaction between interested parties to banter.
What, you don't have a phone or an email address?

RiverToysJas
01-10-2006, 10:24 AM
The issue is already being looked into. It'll take a little time straighten out though.
RTJas :D

KineticoH20
01-10-2006, 10:25 AM
What, you don't have a phone or an email address?
I'll take that as a you don't care! but some of us maybe more enjoyed the threads and talk about boats for sale or boats we are looking for. For some it was a wish list, they could go and see what was available in one easy click.

RiverToysJas
01-10-2006, 10:27 AM
For some it was a wish list, they could go and see what was available in one easy click.
Where are you talking about?

Nord
01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
The link Jordy put up is fine...............
You can't see the prices though because of that black task bar thing.

02HoWaRd26
01-10-2006, 01:46 PM
That would be nice to section it off and some seem to have good luck on selling there stuff there just not me :cry:

Jordy
01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
What I don't get is bitching about 10 pages of spam in the spam section and having a hard time tracking something versus the 14 pages a day that the Sandbar grows. Guess everyone has to have something to complain about. Not to mention all the hijack bs'ing that goes on in just about any spam thread. Check the classifieds or boat trader. ;)

Biglue
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
What I don't get is bitching about 10 pages of spam in the spam section and having a hard time tracking something versus the 14 pages a day that the Sandbar grows. Guess everyone has to have something to complain about. Not to mention all the hijack bs'ing that goes on in just about any spam thread. Check the classifieds or boat trader. ;)
Well said revered Jordy. :crossx:

RiverToysJas
01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for handling that Jordy! ;)

PipesClean
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
The spam postings were just fine the way they were before. If ya wanted a motor....look in Gearheads.....If ya wanted a blower motor.......look in "..........If ya wanted a V-Drive part or boat........guess where ya looked! Whats wrong with leavin Sh!t Alone.

Jordy
01-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Whats wrong with leavin Sh!t Alone.
What would the mods have to do then??? :D
It's called jobby job security. ;)

RiverToysJas
01-10-2006, 09:29 PM
The spam postings were just fine the way they were before. If ya wanted a motor....look in Gearheads.....If ya wanted a blower motor.......look in "..........If ya wanted a V-Drive part or boat........guess where ya looked! Whats wrong with leavin Sh!t Alone.
Fair question. All those things were also posted for sale all over the forums, not just in the related forums. Other people, including Hot Boat, thought there was too much of it distracting from the content. Therefore dedicated SPAM forum was created....most every message board has it the same way.
They are looking into putting catagories in the SPAM forum though, give it some time.

PipesClean
01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
10-4 Foamshark

Jordy
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
10-4 Foamshark
Wow, that's digging way back... :D :D :D

diggler
01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I bought my boat from this website from another HB member. I'm happy