PDA

View Full Version : I had to can an employee today..

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I hate doing that. It never gets any easier.... :crossx:

vmjtc3
07-26-2006, 02:07 PM
After you do it a few hundred times it get's easier. :220v:

Whipped Caliber
07-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I canned a girl she started to cry!!! :cry: It get's better!

Diablo54
07-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Man you must have to can to many people, At my resturante it seems Like I have to can someone every couple of weeks. It does get esier because it seems like the employees kep getting dumber

OutCole'd
07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
It depends on the employee, all the ones I have had to fire, I didn't really like so I had no problem doing the deed.
Come to think of it, I have never had to fire anyone I thought was worth a shit or liked as a person, so no problem here.

Cheap Thrills
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
( In a Forrest Gump voice)
I helped my mamma can some peaches. It doesn't get any easier, it's very hot in that summer kitchen..... Jenny :D
C.T. :wink:

jbtrailerjim
07-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I hate doing it too, unless they really piss me off. I had to fire my nephew recently. That wasn't much fun but I was tired of putting up with his lazy ass. :rolleyes:

schlepy
07-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Man you must have to can to many people, At my resturante it seems Like I have to can someone every couple of weeks. It does get esier because it seems like the employees kep getting dumber
are you sure its your employees that are getting dumber and dumber???

beaverretriever
07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
I canned a girl she started to cry!!! :cry: It get's better!
I bagged a chick at the local bar. She cried but it was tears of joy. :p

Titan7
07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
It's not fun, but when their "lack" of performance is hurting my operation you need to move on them. Of course after we have ruled out training issues, the problem has been addressed and documented before with no real improvement, it's time to part ways. Some cry, some get pissed, most knew it was coming and leave in peace.
Manager: Step into my office, Employee: Why? Manager: Cause you're F-ing fired!!
I can't remember where I heard this but it's funny :crossx:

Cole91
07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes:

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Ummm.........nevermind.

beaverretriever
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
ROTFLMAO...
Dic-shun-ary.

Diablo54
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Ha ha ya I am sure it is the employees I find out they are steeling alot faster then they used to get cought. :rolleyes:

gmejia
07-26-2006, 03:14 PM
lol i feel bad ..did it once when the time comes i tell my mom to do it..i think she enjoys it...

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Ha ha ya I am sure it is the employees I find out they are steeling alot faster then they used to get cought. :rolleyes:
Drinking today?

schlepy
07-26-2006, 03:16 PM
maybe your adding skills are like your writing skills. recount all the money, i bet its all there. now you fired all those poor people for nothing. hahaha j/k :rollside:

Diablo54
07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes my writing skills are not very good and for that I apologize I think but the money counting skills are up to par.

HavasuSelect
07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
It's not fun, but when their "lack" of performance is hurting my operation you need to move on them. Of course after we have ruled out training issues, the problem has been addressed and documented before with no real improvement, it's time to part ways. Some cry, some get pissed, most knew it was coming and leave in peace.
Manager: Step into my office, Employee: Why? Manager: Cause you're F-ing fired!!
Any other day I could have told you exactly where that was from, but for some reason I'm drawing a blank. I'll get back to you when it hits me.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
The fad now is employees fakeing jury duty to get time off.

Rod-64
07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
There's something about Mary
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Ted: Why?
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're ****in' fired!!!

HavasuSelect
07-26-2006, 03:55 PM
That's the one!

Titan7
07-26-2006, 04:11 PM
"Something about Mary
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Ted: Why?
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're ****in' fired!!!
Thanks,
So Funny!

JetBoatRich
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
you usually don't fire them for doing their job :rolleyes:
A lot of times it is not easy when you know other people may be relying on this person to put food on the table, but when they are impacting my business in a negative way and cost me money, they need to be given a career change :rolleyes:

LUVNLIFE
07-26-2006, 05:57 PM
The fad now is employees fakeing jury duty to get time off.
I make them bring in the paperwork. I just tell them the office needs a copy. :cool:

LUVNLIFE
07-26-2006, 05:59 PM
you usually don't fire them for doing their job :rolleyes:
A lot of times it is not easy when you know other people may be relying on this person to put food on the table, but when they are impacting my business in a negative way and cost me money, they need to be given a career change :rolleyes:
BTW Rich, You are effin fired :rollside: :rollside:

chub
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I hope I don't hear this soon.
I've been troubleshooting a problem and found a major problem on a turbine generator. We ran it today and the problem still existed and somehow manifested itself to other phases in the genset. After a day of troubleshooting, data gathering and crunching, we figure we may have a certain issue to which I reply OH FOCK of course at 1620 this afternoon I think I smoked 1K in diodes by meggaring them at 1000V. My boss and friends at work laughed like mofos but the whole day of labor today, 1k in parts another two days to really figure out is gonna be expensive.
Man that's embarrasing.
Funny thing is, I really hope I did screw the parts cause now we'll have our smoking gun.

blown dough
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I hate doing that. It never gets any easier.... :crossx:
I have to do that in the morning with one of our office girls, rehearsing my lines now, wow it sucks. Oh well, then after that off to Havasu.

RitcheyRch
07-27-2006, 04:29 AM
I think it would be tough to fire someone. Thankfully, I am a worker bee and dont have the authority to fire anyone.