PDA

View Full Version : Need help burning mpegs on a dvd disc..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-26-2006, 05:27 PM
I am trying to burn mpeg videos on a dvd-r disc. I have nero burn but my dvd player will not read them. I can burn them on a regular disk and it will read them but it will not read the dvd disc. what should I do?? I just want ot get the mpegs(music videos) on a dvd disk in data form with a track listing...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
bump for help :confused:

DD_Tahiti
07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
The best app is WinDVD by InterDev. It's only $19.95 and you can download it online. If you have LimeWire, you can get it for free :)

Trailer Park Casanova
07-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah Limewire, or I think my son uploads to Itunes, then burns the DVD/CD free off his i tunes account.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-26-2006, 08:17 PM
so windvd will allow you to rip dvd and play it like a video cd??? If I can burn my mpeg(music videos) on a dvd, I can store more videos and play them on my tv's in my rides. I will download that program right now. I have limewire pro so it wont take long....

DD_Tahiti
07-26-2006, 08:35 PM
so windvd will allow you to rip dvd and play it like a video cd??? If I can burn my mpeg(music videos) on a dvd, I can store more videos and play them on my tv's in my rides. I will download that program right now. I have limewire pro so it wont take long....
Well, sort of. Ripping DVD means to strip off all of the ecoding, i.e. pirate DVDs.
What you are trying to do is take an MPEG and put it in VOB (dvd) format. WinDVD let's you take MPEG, AVI and etc... and make a DVD out of it. It also let's you create a DVD menu and etc.. It's all you'll need to make your DVDs.
Now if you are trying to copy... opps... backup your DVDs, you need DVD Shrink. Just do a search on google for DVD Shrink. It's free.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, sort of. Ripping DVD means to strip off all of the ecoding, i.e. pirate DVDs.
What you are trying to do is take an MPEG and put it in VOB (dvd) format. WinDVD let's you take MPEG, AVI and etc... and make a DVD out of it. It also let's you create a DVD menu and etc.. It's all you'll need to make your DVDs.
Now if you are trying to copy... opps... backup your DVDs, you need DVD Shrink. Just do a search on google for DVD Shrink. It's free.
Your 100% right;) I just want to get the mpegs on a dvd but also create a track list so I can go from track 1 to # 2,3,4,etc. I have dvd shrink and dont even know how to use it or care to use it. I guess I worded it wrong. I didnt mean to say rip, my bad. I know a decent amount about computers but Im lost in this stuff. I will try the software and go from there...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-26-2006, 09:20 PM
ok so I looked into it and they have several programs. One is windvd7 and the other is windvd creator 3. Which one works??

DD_Tahiti
07-27-2006, 05:48 PM
ok so I looked into it and they have several programs. One is windvd7 and the other is windvd creator 3. Which one works??
NP... Sorry for the delay. Either one of them will work. Now... After thinking about it, if you want to put a regular MPEG onto a DVD, all you have to do is use and burning software and put them on there. This lets you put much more data on one DVD then if it were in DVD format. However, you must make sure your DVD player plays MPEG format. If it doesn't, use your PS2 :-) If you don't have anything that will play a MPEG, you must put it in VOB format, which allows you to put 2+ hours on one DVD. Either piece of software you downloaded will work. I use windvdl7...
PM with if you want further help, and your phone # if you want tech support :-)