PDA

View Full Version : Powellfest Poker Run and Luau Info...

Mardonzi
07-26-2006, 08:49 PM
I posted this for those of you that don't hit the Hot Spots west forum...
Now that we have finalized everything,, I figured I would post it up one last time...
The actual Powellfest begins on Thursday, with the Poker Run being held on Saturday starting at 9:00 am with the Luau following in the early evening.
Poker Hands are 20.00 a piece with the proceeds being donated to the local Women's shelter in Page, AZ. Grand Prize for the Poker Run is a 5 day/ 4 night 59' Houseboat trip on Lake Powell with other assorted prizes (Boat Bling Sauces from Roln 20, Malibu Strings Bikini 100.00 gift certificate as well as other items).
We have secured a 70 ft houseboat for those who want to camp out (even split on the cost of the boat for those who stay on it).
The menu and food is as follows;
Deez has been tasked with the wood for the pit. Even though we have enough firewood for the bonfires, we are going to need a good, clean wood for the pit. If everyone can bring on bundle of the good, wrapped or boxed firewood, that would be extremely helpful.
I bought the pig today, and pick it up on Friday. Green Salad is covered as well as Mrs Deez said something about bringing some chickens for those that don't like pork.
So,, in short order,, Saturday's menu is...
Pig
Chicken
Green Salad
Potato Salad
Corn on the Cob
Dinner Rolls
Watermelon
Pineapple
Dessert
Anything else we can think of
Friday's menu is the Infamous TnB shrimp boil
Everyone (each couple) needs to bring
1. Shrimp
2. Italian sausage or polish sausage
3. Corn on the Cob
4. Red Potatoes
5. One salad pack
6. One loaf of french/ garlic bread
7. One roll of paper towels
Thursday night is Pot Luck,, everyone just throw in whatever floats your boat and we'll go from there.
91 Nordic is bringing the coffemaker from hell,, so don't worry about that. She is also bringing a couple of breakfast dishes for Friday and Saturday morning... Thanks Cindy.
Lunches are at your own discretion, as well as snack stuff and jello shots. In otherwords,, you are on your own.
For those staying on the houseboat,, there is bedding, but bring a pillow, towels, and probably a blanket as well as any other "personal" items you might feel you need.
Here is the website for the houseboat. http://foreverhouseboats.com/housebo...eboatKey=9 00
It's going to be a riot!!!

AzLakeLizard
07-27-2006, 05:59 AM
I posted this for those of you that don't hit the Hot Spots west forum...
Now that we have finalized everything,, I figured I would post it up one last time...
The actual Powellfest begins on Thursday, with the Poker Run being held on Saturday starting at 9:00 am with the Luau following in the early evening.
Poker Hands are 20.00 a piece with the proceeds being donated to the local Women's shelter in Page, AZ. Grand Prize for the Poker Run is a 5 day/ 4 night 59' Houseboat trip on Lake Powell with other assorted prizes (Boat Bling Sauces from Roln 20, Malibu Strings Bikini 100.00 gift certificate as well as other items).
We have secured a 70 ft houseboat for those who want to camp out (even split on the cost of the boat for those who stay on it).
The menu and food is as follows;
Deez has been tasked with the wood for the pit. Even though we have enough firewood for the bonfires, we are going to need a good, clean wood for the pit. If everyone can bring on bundle of the good, wrapped or boxed firewood, that would be extremely helpful.
I bought the pig today, and pick it up on Friday. Green Salad is covered as well as Mrs Deez said something about bringing some chickens for those that don't like pork.
So,, in short order,, Saturday's menu is...
Pig
Chicken
Green Salad
Potato Salad
Corn on the Cob
Dinner Rolls
Watermelon
Pineapple
Dessert
Anything else we can think of
Friday's menu is the Infamous TnB shrimp boil
Everyone (each couple) needs to bring
1. Shrimp
2. Italian sausage or polish sausage
3. Corn on the Cob
4. Red Potatoes
5. One salad pack
6. One loaf of french/ garlic bread
7. One roll of paper towels
Thursday night is Pot Luck,, everyone just throw in whatever floats your boat and we'll go from there.
91 Nordic is bringing the coffemaker from hell,, so don't worry about that. She is also bringing a couple of breakfast dishes for Friday and Saturday morning... Thanks Cindy.
Lunches are at your own discretion, as well as snack stuff and jello shots. In otherwords,, you are on your own.
For those staying on the houseboat,, there is bedding, but bring a pillow, towels, and probably a blanket as well as any other "personal" items you might feel you need.
Here is the website for the houseboat. http://foreverhouseboats.com/housebo...eboatKey=9 00
It's going to be a riot!!!
Way to Go Don.. Your Da Man!.. Fantastic work!
MUAH :D