PDA

View Full Version : 1999 V-Max, Bike, NOT outboard...

T-56
07-27-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm parting company w/ my '99 V-Max in order to build a Blackbird sport-tourer.
Given my current location, I only have a couple of pics available but can get more upon request.
Corbin seat, tail light intergrater kit, K&N, Dale Walker slip-ons, Avon Azaro up front w/ less than 1K miles, fresh fork oil change, Mobil 1 only in the engine. The bike will be getting a new rear tire before it's sold as Synthetic motor oil got spilled on the current one. It was a brand new Macadam w/ no miles on it and I was very upset. :cry:
15K miles on bike. Otherwise, bone stock with factory Yamaha fake carbon fiber paint. I bought the bike to ride so it has nicks and scratches here and there.
$6K firm.
email for pics robertlone@hotmail.com
Serious inquiries only please.
EDIT: The bike is in South Carolina. Sorry about that. I'm a dumbass. ;)

T-56
07-28-2006, 10:24 AM
I promise I'll only bump it for a week or so and then let it go... :)

T-56
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
...gentle nudge...

DelawareDave
07-29-2006, 01:49 PM
99 V-Max- 15K on the clock. I seem to remember something about these bikes. Hmmnn :idea: Oh yeah- how many back tires have you replaced? My memory says these were notorious for wearing out rear tires in a hurry! :)

T-56
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
99 V-Max- 15K on the clock. I seem to remember something about these bikes. Hmmnn :idea: Oh yeah- how many back tires have you replaced? My memory says these were notorious for wearing out rear tires in a hurry! :)
I bought the bike w/ the original Excedra still on it. Then I tried a $60 Duro which I ripped the sidewall out of. Duro warrentied it and the second one worked great riding one-up. Put my new seat cover on, and the tire didn't like it. Put this Macadam on it ($150) and it worked great. Then my good buddy spilled some Castrol Syntech while filling his bike, left it on the floor and it ran under the tire. One spot of this rear tire was sitting in oil overnight and that's why the rear tire WILL be replaced before anyone takes delivery.
I've been tempted many times to just light it up but never did.

T-56
08-02-2006, 03:12 AM
...bump... :)

T-56
08-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Last bump, back to the boats....