PDA

View Full Version : UPS riddle

Itsahobby
07-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I ordered contact lenses over the Internet and followed the tracking on UPS. The lenses went for Auburn, Wa. To Rancho Cucamonga and now need to go back north to San Jose. Is this really how the box tracked? Any idea why?
Curious Jerry

HocusPocus
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
it wouldn't surprise me. although it does sound pretty strange.

BowTie Rick
07-27-2006, 11:56 AM
So Cal hub is next to Ontario airport so they may have gone by the next available flight if a rush job. Just a guess.

Itsahobby
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Not a rush job, but this does make since. The company sat on my order for 2 days. Maybe it went to rush on their tab. That would be some good service.
So Cal hub is next to Ontario airport so they may have gone by the next available flight if a rush job. Just a guess.

voodoomedman
07-31-2006, 08:19 AM
I ordered contact lenses over the Internet and followed the tracking on UPS. The lenses went for Auburn, Wa. To Rancho Cucamonga and now need to go back north to San Jose. Is this really how the box tracked? Any idea why?
Curious Jerry
Sorry. I just saw this. Give me the tracking # and I can make sense of it for you. At first sight though I'm thinking maybe the company is a Mail Innovations customer. Contact lenses are a small package and we do not have a UPS small package facility in Rancho Cucamonga. We do however have a Mail Innovations facility in Rancho Cucamonga. PM me that 1z # and I'll tell ya what's up.

voodoomedman
07-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah our Main West Coast Air Hub takes up a good portion of the Ontario Airport. That doesn't explain the Rancho scan though.