PDA

View Full Version : Gimbal housing / transom assembly recommendation?

Robbie Racer
07-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Has anyone found a heavier duty gimbal housing (or maybe called a transom assembly) for the Bravo One. I have a B-Max drive and the drive is holding up okay but I trashed a drive U-joint and it broke some pieces off of the transom assembly where the bellows connects. Anyone have a line on a good used replacement if a heavier duty piece is not available? Thanks in advance.

BADBLOWN572
07-27-2006, 04:40 PM
The heavy duty bravo gimbal is the best gimbal for it. I have found that the best price comes from The Bravo Shop. You definitely want the HD gimbal versus the standard one. The only real difference is the pins, but they are stronger. Unfortunately I do not know of anyone who makes a more heavy duty gimbal for the B-max. Maybe Imco, but I do not know. No matter what, it is going to be a cast piece.

Robbie Racer
07-27-2006, 04:52 PM
The heavy duty bravo gimbal is the best gimbal for it. I have found that the best price comes from The Bravo Shop. You definitely want the HD gimbal versus the standard one. The only real difference is the pins, but they are stronger. Unfortunately I do not know of anyone who makes a more heavy duty gimbal for the B-max. Maybe Imco, but I do not know. No matter what, it is going to be a cast piece.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will contact The Bravo Shop when they open tomorrow morning.

F.U.E.D.
07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
you might want to try calling IMCO also, i know they have a heavy duty transom housing.

Robbie Racer
07-27-2006, 05:45 PM
you might want to try calling IMCO also, i know they have a heavy duty transom housing.
Good idea. Will do. Thank you.