PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Monitoring

Old Man Havasu
07-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Afternoon all!
I have an alarm system in my house that I have never activated. I used to have a great neighbor that was the neighborhood watchman. He passed away and now I'm a little concerned about all the toys sitting out there un-monitored. My wife thinks its an unnecessary expense, because its a "good neighborhood". Once I pointed out that the prop on the boat alone would buy a bunch of monitoring time she was on board.
The alarm in the house was installed by Mojave Systems I believe.
Do you have an alarm?
Who do you use, and whats the cost?
ADT is out.
Thanks for your input.

Sun burners
07-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I have good neighbors and Blue River alarm co.
I sleep better when I am in SO CAL!

Havasu1986
07-28-2006, 07:07 PM
We have ADT $30 a month. The only reason we used them in Havi is to link my 2 houses together. Would not have used otherwise since there not local. My installer had to drive from Phoenix.

HocusPocus
07-28-2006, 07:11 PM
guess we are lucky, we have some great neighbors and we always keep an eye on each others stuff. we did have our house get broke into about 12 years ago, but that was before all the lots around us starting filling up. we do have an alarm with a loud horn on it, our neighbors all have keys and alarm codes.

funkybunchjr
07-28-2006, 08:04 PM
I have 3 big dogs and a steady gun hand. IMO alarms don't stop anyone.

Havasu1986
07-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Were talking Arizona/Cali cowboy.

funkybunchjr
07-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh, sorry, I forgot Cali hates guns. Just go squirt the bad guys with the hose while asking them to leave nicely, that should work hippie :rolleyes:

Old Man Havasu
07-28-2006, 11:08 PM
I have 3 big dogs and a steady gun hand. IMO alarms don't stop anyone.
This is a vacation home. Only there couple a times a month.
So the gun is useless and the heat would kill your dogs.
Not opposed own plenty of guns, but mine don't work long distance Tex.

funkybunchjr
07-29-2006, 01:45 AM
mine don't work long distance Tex.
You need bigger guns :crossx:

scarabrick2
07-29-2006, 06:35 AM
If you want a system that you can record/monitor from your home/buisness remotely, then check this out.
http://www.smartdigitalsecurity.com/pages/1/index.htm
Let me know what you think?
Rick

whoya
07-29-2006, 08:03 AM
I have great monitored service with Double Tree Securtity in BHC, you should check with them to see if they monitor LH. I pay by the year $244.80, I have had them for a while though so I don't know if their prices have went up. They are easy to work with and very fast, better than ADT. Their number is:928-768-6000 or 800-847-6757.

YeLLowBoaT
07-29-2006, 08:06 AM
It does not really matter what service you use. All your stuff will be gone b4 the cops show up.

SHOTKALLIN
07-29-2006, 08:10 AM
JADTEC
Been with them for 8 years. They are less then half the price of thier competion. I think I pay $14 or $15 a month. They are a socal company so some guy in Atlanta wont be calling the police when your alarm goes off.
I am more than happy with them.
http://www.jadtec.com/index.jssi.html
if anyone has questions about them shoot me a pm

Old Man Havasu
08-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the reponses. I will use them to start my research.
Thanks! Its going to be a great Havasu weekend!

franky
08-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I would highly recommend Western Alarm, they are local in Havasu (the monitoring system/staff). I believe all the rest are out of town.

voodoomedman
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
I would highly recommend Western Alarm, they are local in Havasu (the monitoring system/staff). I believe all the rest are out of town.
That's who I have and they are great and responsive. We only pay like 12 a month for radio monitoring. Of course you will have to pay for the radio equipment but then you don't need to pay for a phone line that someone can just cut. No an alarm will not keep everyone away. But the average idiot will move on to someone without one. And if someone doesn't see that you have one you will have a broken window but that's it because they will get scared and run when they hear the siren. It's the professional that knows what's in there, how much it's worth and knows how long it takes the cops to show up that you have to worry about.

franky
08-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Quite frankly, I think I'd rather have somebody in Atlanta calling the police than the Havasu locals. I've had business dealings with people on "Parker Time" or "Havasu Time", I'm not impressed.
WOW, let's just paint everyone (contractor/business) the same.

Bling Bling
08-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Ditto, there hooking me up tomorrow. They seem to be out of all I interveiwed, the best in town. Trust me do the sirens.

Chipster27
08-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I have an alarm system in my house that I have never activated.
PM or email me if you're still looking. I'm a District General Manager for HSM security www.hsmsecurity.com (used to be Honeywell Security Monitoring) in So Cal and I'll contact my Phx office to see if they can support your deal in Havasu. I know we do the West Marine Products, UPS, and FED-X out there so I would assume we could easily monitor your home.
If you're looking at a local provider let me know if you have any contract questions, and I'd ask them about service/repairs on the system, who monitors the system, what kind of a cap do they put on their increases for the monthly rate, how long to the freeze the monthly rate, etc....
Good luck. If I buy out there I'm installing an alarm and cameras.