PDA

View Full Version : anyone Keep toy haulers/rv's at crazy horse

Acommanderguy
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
If so what are the pros and cons? What is the cost?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-29-2006, 06:12 AM
We were there for three summuers and the nice part is having the ramp. The crappy part is there electric is unstable and the people at times are questionable. I thought it was sold for condos and the new bridge???? Cost was in the 350-400 per month range.

shadow
07-29-2006, 06:32 AM
We live here in Havasu and keep A trailer @ Crazy Horse for Convenience of
launching any time of day or night,no lines,ramp never shuts down like Windsor.Plus it's centrally located and night time activities can be fun.Like FOAATA said it runs about $350-$400 per month with electricity.Golf Cart or Rhino is a must.We don't leave our boat there but if you are comfortable leaving your boat covered outside,you are allowed to store it on your space next to your trailer.Plenty of people store thier boats there and save on storage.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-29-2006, 06:34 AM
We live here in Havasu and keep A trailer @ Crazy Horse for Convenience of
launching any time of day or night,no lines,ramp never shuts down like Windsor.Plus it's centrally located and night time activities can be fun.Like FOAATA said it runs about $350-$400 per month with electricity.Golf Cart or Rhino is a must.
Like I said, people are questionable :rollside:

shadow
07-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Like I said, people are questionable :rollside:
LOL :D

Acommanderguy
07-29-2006, 07:46 AM
FREIND OF AA AND TA were you at george bistro's in valencia on thursday night?

H20 Toie
07-29-2006, 08:11 AM
i was thing about it but the ramp is to shallow for my boat. i didn't have any problem 4th of july weekend but two weeks ago i did some damage to the trailer and took out both props :cry: and that was at the deep end of the ramp

shadow
07-29-2006, 08:17 AM
i was thing about it but the ramp is to shallow for my boat. i didn't have any problem 4th of july weekend but two weeks ago i did some damage to the trailer and took out both props :cry: and that was at the deep end of the ramp
Yeah but the average peasents like most of us don't have a luxury liner the size of yours. :) 28'-30' boats & under are pretty safe.

Focker
07-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Yeah but the average peasents like most of us don't have a luxury liner the size of yours. :) 28'-30' boats & under are pretty safe.
speak 4 yourself :)

catman-do
07-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Ive stayed there many times and wont go back there anymore. The convenience of the launch ramps are nice. However the power is constantly going out and the trailers will take for ever to cool down because of it. The people working there are assholes, and wouldnt help if there life depended on it (unless youve got some tweek). Beaches are fairly rocky, and prices are kinda high. 40 a night to camp.... I can spend 80 and get a hotel with air, and dont have to clean up after myself.

1stepcloser
07-29-2006, 09:49 AM
I've been there for three years and love it. I cant speak for the nighly spots as I stay monthly, but I have no complaints.
The power thing was a problem, but I replaced the worn out receptacle with a new one and have no problems.
I understand that the park power goes out on major weekends, but I dont go on the majors much.
Advantages are private ramp, great neighbors, very close to all the city amenities, and it's fairly clean and well run place. I've never had anything but good relationships with the staff.

LUVNLIFE
07-29-2006, 02:21 PM
But did it sell like Mike said or not? :)

1stepcloser
07-29-2006, 02:59 PM
As far as I know, they dont own the land, They lease it. It was through 2010. I'm not sure it was renewed or not, I will assume it has been, as there are alot of semi-permanant park models being put in the upper view spots in the park, and wouldnt make much sense if it was closing in a few years.
There is a lot of talk around about the developing on the island, and they are definately gonna have to add another bridge sooner than later, and obviously Crazy horse is pretty much in the way. There are several ways around the site, but developers usually have the means to sway a city council.
I'm pretty confident they'll be there for a while longer, but indeed, if development interest on the island continues ie; the property sells and demand remains peaked, I'm also have no doubt they will get booted.
Whether or not you like the campground, they are on some very prime property.