PDA

View Full Version : Us vs Them

DRMCAT
07-28-2006, 09:44 PM
What do you spend a month in Havasu? For us it is roughly 3 grand a month from April through October, not inculding mortgage, taxes or insurance. Just curious if the "Blue Hairs" bring in anything close to the boaters per year, bottom line.
Phebus, I am not counting you in as a blue hair, just FYI. ( O ) ( O )

blown dough
07-28-2006, 09:52 PM
we are probably good for 5000.00 a month

Throttle
07-28-2006, 09:53 PM
holly crap, this is gonna take some thought...

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Are you including your boat pymt?? House Pymt?? Mmmmm?!?!

Kilrtoy
07-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Before we moved there 3K sounded good, now we live here so, Im guessing 6k a month

DRMCAT
holly crap, this is gonna take some thought...
Cameron, Don't forget to factor in the pasties......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/31442006-4-28_29_102.JPG

blown dough
Are you including your boat pymt?? House Pymt?? Mmmmm?!?!
wow if thats included i am more

Throttle
07-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Cameron, Don't forget to factor in the pasties......
funny you should say that cuz I just picked up a couple hundred dollars worth...

DRMCAT
07-28-2006, 10:01 PM
funny you should say that cuz I just picked up a couple hundred dollars worth...
See, I knew it....

Tom Brown
Put me in for $8000 per month.

TRUMP TIGHT
On average?
Well since the weed is really bad and cheap.... 50 cents a month (on average). j/k
Since i haven't been going much the last couple years i don't matter.:cry:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Not counting the mortgage, boat is paid for, less than $1k per month. I'm quite certain the bluehairs contribute enough to justify putting up with their habits.

blown dough
07-28-2006, 10:04 PM
put me in for 10g's a month with everything!!!!!!!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Are we counting cocktail pymt?? :cry:

DRMCAT
07-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Are we counting cocktail pymt?? :cry:
I think the state depends on you two for that...........lol

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Is that a taxable item??? :220v:

Kilrtoy
07-28-2006, 11:20 PM
MR cat is the little one a sleep or at work...
Hope you guys had a good time last sat, even though it was short

phebus
07-29-2006, 06:33 AM
What do you spend a month in Havasu? For us it is roughly 3 grand a month from April through October, not inculding mortgage, taxes or insurance. Just curious if the "Blue Hairs" bring in anything close to the boaters per year, bottom line.
Phebus, I am not counting you in as a blue hair, just FYI. ( O ) ( O )
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
Whatever it costs for MRS DRMCAT to come to Lake Havasu, is money well spent on the beautification of this town.

blackcloud75
07-29-2006, 07:31 AM
Enough for a new set of these.....( o ) ( o )

Sleek-Jet
07-29-2006, 07:55 AM
What difference does it make how much you spend... unless you live there you are tourists... "Thanks for the money, see you next weekend..."

H20 Toie
07-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Dam i spend over 2k on just the weekend oh but i'm a tourist so i don't count

Keith E. Sayre
07-29-2006, 08:17 AM
This argument is so lopsided that it's not even an argument to discuss.
Boaters probably average about $500 a day when they're here as a family
in Havasu.
Old retired people go to the happy hour food places and eat for free, then
they drink all the dollar drinks when on special, they go to the early dollar
movies and buy the booze out of the truck at Walgreens before it is put in
the store so it is discounted. They use their aarp cards everywhere. They
may have money, but they don't spend it here.
Without the boaters, this city would dry up and disappear today.
Keith Sayre

HavasuSelect
07-29-2006, 08:42 AM
"then they drink all the dollar drinks "
Where are the dollar drinks at?!?!?!?!

slink
07-29-2006, 09:02 AM
in Havasu.
Keith Sayre
You're so right Keith. I don't travel up to Havasu often (parker guy) but took the boat up to Savage the week before the Poker run in April. I had some time to kill so I decided to get my hair cut at the barber shop next to Wal-Mart. I wait my turn behind two elderly women whom happen to have the aforementioned "blue hair". The each proceed to pull out every discount card in their wallets, then the second one even bitches that she still thinks the price was too high and the lady gives her another 20% off. She ends up paying like $8.00 for a perm/cut, w/no tip. After they leave, the same 30 something working mom, cuts my hair and we joked about how cheap those ladies were. She said "they" are all like that. I felt bad for the lady. My #2 cut took her all of about 10-15 minutes. She charged me $12. I gave her a $20 and told her to keep the change.

TCN
07-29-2006, 09:13 AM
We usually spend about 500 to 800 dollars per trip just cash. Not anything else. We just spent 1,500 on new palm trees and some dirt work in the back the other day and then another 4 large on a fence then we are looking at about 40-45 large on the new pool. Have I mentioned mortgage, boat, utilities, insurance, oh yeah, our home here in San Diego County and everything that goes with that. Who cares, it si so much fun to go to the lake and do all the stuff we get to do that I just feel fortunate enough to be able to spend the money we do. Back on Friday to spend some more.

UncleLarry
07-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Lake Havasu is a great place for anyone who wants to enjoy life.. Why can't we stop this boaters vs the world thing. The majority of people in Lake Havasu very much enjoy the boaters and what they bring to our city. The way I see it - if you send a LOT on money here and you are not satisfied with what you get in return you have to options... One is to find another lake to go boating on.. the other is to work with us out here to make it a better place...
But the constant bitching and moaning is starting to grown old..
About a month ago - I announced on here that the Lake Havasu Marine Association was reforming into a more powerful political and vocal force for all of the boaters and marine industry. In order to do that we need to have members - lets see since the Association was announced we have how many boaters from outside Havasu join? ZERO!
Ok off my soap box... As one of S. Calfornia's most treasured resources once said (oh that would be Rodney King) Why can't we all just get along??????
Enjoy the lake and dont forget to tip your favorite havasu resident before you leave.....

catman-do
07-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Im in for about 1200 per weekend, and another 750 a mo in payments on the boat. What I want to know is the people that are dumping 8k-10k a mo, what is it you do??? Thats got to be after tax money, and so before taxes you are making atleast 16-20k per mo?? and that is just for a hobby/ hobby home? what about the other stuff. Sounds like some may be a tadd bit over inflatted.

phebus
07-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Lake Havasu is a great place for anyone who wants to enjoy life.. Why can't we stop this boaters vs the world thing. The majority of people in Lake Havasu very much enjoy the boaters and what they bring to our city. The way I see it - if you send a LOT on money here and you are not satisfied with what you get in return you have to options... One is to find another lake to go boating on.. the other is to work with us out here to make it a better place...
About a month ago - I announced on here that the Lake Havasu Marine Association was reforming into a more powerful political and vocal force for all of the boaters and marine industry. In order to do that we need to have members - lets see since the Association was announced we have how many boaters from outside Havasu join? ZERO!
Ok off my soap box... As one of S. Calfornia's most treasured resources once said (oh that would be Rodney King) Why can't we all just get along??????
Enjoy the lake and dont forget to tip your favorite havasu resident before you leave.....
Great post!!

25dic
07-29-2006, 10:52 AM
How do we join Uncle Larry?

MRSDRMCAT
07-29-2006, 10:54 AM
UncleLarry,
I was just curious. No where in my post did I bitch or whine, I just asked a simple question. I also never said I was not satisfied with my experience. We have had nothing but great times out there, and we cherish every one, along with all the wonderful folks we have met.
My reason was to find out just how much the "tourist" boaters bring to the table as compared to the "tourist" non-boaters. There is no doubt the city needs both to survive through the year. I think you my be jumping the gun when you assume my question has ulterior motives.
Also, thanks for the info on the association, I missed that in the past.

DRMCAT
07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, What she said..........LOL
Sorry, I forgot the wifey was still logged on.

shueman
07-29-2006, 11:36 AM
You "nail'd it".... :cool:

Kilrtoy
07-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Seeing in all how I do live here, I offered to help you as much as you needed and you choose to not utilize my assistance

shueman
07-29-2006, 11:45 AM
in Havasu.
Keith Sayre
Your giving way to much credit to the boating season/lifestyle. Winter visitors and non-boating tourism is a big part of "your" economy. The Parker Strip is a boating community...don't think it's really changed that much, compared to LHC.
Your comments concerning "old, retired people" are particulary offensive. Who were the first full-time residents of Havasu anyway...?? McCulloch employees and, hmmm, ..... :rolleyes:

GHT
07-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Not including Mortgage, Utilities, Ins, Cable etc, etc... I would say $1,500 per month on average year round.... OH, this doesn't include the new A/C unit we just bought yesterday for the house... :cry: :cry:
Damn..... Some of you guys are straight up "Ballers".... We have a great time each and every time we are here. I still can't see how someone could (on average) spend an additional 3k...

JustDawn
07-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I just don't get it :rolleyes:
Someone asks a simple question(drmcat)...and gets lit up for it...
Havasu is the epicenter for boating in the west...period...I really don't think it's the same deal amongst the RV,bluehair crowd.
I started going in the early 90's,and it was no where near,what it is today.
I'm thinking that's because of the boaters...not the blue hairs.
Ask the people at CheBones why that restaurant exists,Boaters or snowbirds...
I talked recently with HavasuLou(BoatBrokers) He reeled off some pretty impressive numbers that the Marine assn. has recieved from an independent auditor,as to how much the BOATERS contribute to the local economy.
Maybe Uncle Larry could post those numbers?
My opinion...is that some people have gotten rather complacent,with what transpires during the summer months. Boaters show up in droves,leave LOTS of money...and all is good...
Bottom line,I saw nothing that was inflamatory in the title of this thread..(PlayDeep)

Sleek-Jet
07-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I just don't get it :rolleyes:
Someone asks a simple question(drmcat)...and gets lit up for it...
Bottom line,I saw nothing that was inflamatory in the title of this thread..(PlayDeep)
Anyone that titles a thread "Us vs. Them" is trolling for an argument... :idea:
... and he got it.
For the record, I agree with UncleLarry...

Ultrafied
07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
There may not have been anything inflammatory in the words, but there appeared to be an implication .... US vs Them .... boaters / Blue hairs ...
but who cares.
It is funny to read where it could be construed there is disbelief in why people wouldn't like a group who brings money .... there may be other values besides money which would be important to people.
Just a thought ... :D

JustDawn
07-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Anyone that titles a thread "Us vs. Them" is trolling for an argument... :idea:
... and he got it.
For the record, I agree with UncleLarry...
Had to do a double check...
Thread was posted on ***boat...website where BOATERS frequent...
Thought maybe I inadvertantly logged onto RV and leisure world...or BlueHair monthly :rolleyes:
So much for this being a BOATING community... :rolleyes: (PlayDeep)

UncleLarry
07-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Kilroy you can help all you want..
Membership applications are at www.411havasu.com...
Just Dawn a comment about what you logged on to.. I just counted and about 1 in 5 threads here are about boating..
And that Lake Havaus marine Assocation you speak of - I am the president of that group... And i do as much as anyone to promote boating for everyone on this lake - I have written articles that have been published in Hot Boat Magazine, in four sunday papers such as the Denver Post, Seattle Times, etc.. and regarding ChaBones if they are not planning on getting any "blue hair" business they will be empty from Oct to May.. cause that is blue hair time...
DRMCat and MrsDrmCat.. a topic with verus in the title sounds like more than just a comment but that was my mistake and it ws my mistake in thinking you were being negative..
Its cause I do live here by CHOICE.... and i am tired of others who find some pleasure in consistantly making fun of our community... I mean lets see.... California has a governer is molests women and you all just smile, in San Diego theirs more graff and bribery then any where in the USA.. And you just keep electing criminals... In New Mexico you have a governor who has spent more time trying to make world policty then taking care of his state...
I can go on and on....but......
It does no good just like so many who constantly bitch about Havasu...
My new mantra that I have been saying for months - if you dont like it here dont come..
Again to you who started the thread my apology - I can see how that you did not intend it to be negative..
Just so you know a business person who came to this town about 5 years ago has spend over $15 million dollars in town - he is the person I want to keep happy...
Again - as S. Californias most famous person said.... "Mr. Rodney King" why can't we be friends???

Havasu1986
07-29-2006, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=DRMCAT]What do you spend a month in Havasu? For us it is roughly 3 grand a month from April through October, not inculding mortgage, taxes or insurance. Just curious if the "Blue Hairs" bring in anything close to the boaters per year, bottom line.
I don't know how some of you are coming up with such large numbers. And are you counting the money if you are renting from a Hot Boater. That money doesn't stay in Havi. It goes back to Cali. I spend $75 in gas to get there, but you can't count that because I filled up at home. Probably spend $150 in gas for the boat. $75 in gas to get home. The rest is beer and food, maybe $100. I have put maybe $40 K into a retaining wall and 50K in a new RV garage, but thats part of being a home owner. As far as the blue hairs go, I have been renting my houses to them for 20 years. I get 1k amonth for 6 months a year. This pays for all my winter sports and part of my house payments. God bless the blue hairs.