PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Cole TR-2

AngryJosh
07-29-2006, 06:31 PM
I said I would keep this boat, and now I'm a liar! :argue:
Something has come up real estate wise, and I need to cut the boat loose. Its a fun vs. future kinda thing. Everything works on this boat, and it gets alot of attention. Feel free to ask any questions, and PM me for price
1988 Cole TR-2 TR-2 TR-2 TR-2 <<<<LOOK MARTY GRASS ITS A TR-2. Now were both guilty of being childish
ANYWAYS
440 Mopar engine
Berkley Jet W/Diverter
Matching Bimini top
Bitchin gel coat
Brand new optima blue top
Killer stereo system W/ sirius satelite
This boat speaks for itself
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6757P6250244-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/67572524DSC00135-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/67572527colemiller-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/67572527colerooster-med.jpg

NUTHIN
07-29-2006, 08:52 PM
way clean set up. good luck on the sale..
shouldnt take long!!!!!

Devilman
07-31-2006, 11:24 AM
PM sent.....

desrtrat256
08-01-2006, 03:52 AM
pm sent

n8dawg
08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Very clean boat!!! We've been boating with this boat for 3 years now (2 different owners) and everywhere we go that Cole draws alot of attention!!

Keyser
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
What is everyone selling their boat!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

AngryJosh
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Ahem...ttt

AngryJosh
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
will somebody buy this thing already

Marty Gras
08-14-2006, 08:39 PM
A "TR2" is a V-drive boat not a jet! Try getting your descriptions correct prior to posting your spam! You have a "T" deck "Pantera bottom" jet boat. It ain't close to a "TR2"! I have worked on both kinds of boats, they are not anywhere close in performance or price!

ROZ
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
A "TR2" is a V-drive boat not a jet! Try getting your descriptions correct prior to posting your spam! You have a "T" deck "Pantera bottom" jet boat. It ain't close to a "TR2"! I have worked on both kinds of boats, they are not anywhere close in performance or price!
wow... Kinda harsh calling him a liar, buddy.. I heard Cole did a few of these hulls with jets... Working on both kinds don't mean much.. now if you said you built them and said None were ever done as a jet, then your post will hold water...
I believe Angry Josh bought this from a forum mebmer a while back... Really nice boat :)

W.O.T
08-14-2006, 10:17 PM
yikes! people this angry make me not want to post at all. makes me feel like i might get thrown in ***boat jail if i make a mistake or ask a dumb question or something.

Marty Gras
08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
"Roz" let me be perfectly clear! I did not call him a liar! You need to re-read my post. I said GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! Jets are NOT T R 2's !!! Tr2's are V-drive boats, and have never been jets. I don't care whom he bought it from, it's not a Tr2! As far as "worked on", I did one 109MPH injected jet, one 112MPH blown small block V-drive, and one 127MPH turbo V-drive PANTERA JET HULL!!! (all raced at the track) All of these in the 1980's, WAY before YOU ever heard any BS about Cole building "jets out of these". In other words, shut the F up when you don't know what you are talking about "ROZ"! I have also "worked on" over 40 "TR2's" (of all brands) and NONE OF THEM WERE EVER JETS!!! Jackass!!! This all started out with my post about BEING CORRECT when spaming a boat. Then a big mouth jackass comes in without any knowledge of what he is saying and this fight is on. "Roz" don't try to qualify your stupid post with a "if you built them...." who the F are you? I did build, rig or rebuild a shitload of those things, they are quick but never will be fast. The delta pad sprays too much water out onto the "trip chines" and so the tail gets lifted at higher speeds. This problem cannot be corrected because the 'V' in the hull is too shallow. But I'm sure that's what YOU were going to say, 'cause YOU ARE THE EXPERT!

W.O.T
08-14-2006, 10:29 PM
a simple correction would have been nice, mardi gras came out swingin! anyways goodlooking boat. good luck selling it.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-14-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here but technically Marty Gras is correct. Jim Coles "TR" stands for "tunnel runner" as in tunnel runnerbottom (flatbottom). Its not uncommon for boats to have identity problems. I have a friend who bought a boat for the trailer then cut up the hull. The boat he planned to use had no title so guess what,,,, he used the title from the boat he cut up.
Truely a beautiful boat and I've seen those haul ass. Good luck selling it. :cool:

Marty Gras
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
"WOT" are you an ass kisser or do you like getting wrong info here? I was not angry until "Roz" and you came out and attacked me for being correct. I am looking for a V-DRIVE BOAT! The title said "TR2"!!!! TR2 is a V-drive not a JET!!! I read all about this boat and it looks very nice, but it's NOT A TR2!!! NO MATTER WHAT ROZ THINKS HE HEARD! I just posted that the author get his facts correct, and you guys jump on me. If some uneducated guy drove 14 hours to buy a "TR2" from this spam, only to find out the boat is a JET, would I be in the wrong for pointing out the error in my first post? You guys are unbelieveable in your attacks on my first post. I was very restrained in my words and could have been much more harsh. I could have said that the guy was a F'n idiot (like you two) and was "false advertizing" his boat, but instead I said he needed to "correct his discriptions" prior to spaming. PS don't bother getting back to me,(with another angry post) I already know you guys are lost in your own personal worlds, and don't really know what is going on around you.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/old%20stuff%20001.jpg

Marty Gras
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jerry, (you are correct) I tried to keep my first post simple, and to the point without malice. Then I get "experts" attacking a fact that they should have known prior to the attacks. I don't feel my first words were in anger, but in question of the spamer's knowledge of the facts. Hot Boat seems to be the only place where 100 guys who do know are attacked on facts by 1000 "PC" experts, lacking any backround except "opinion".

Marty Gras
08-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Jerry, see that daycruiser in the ad? That's the old "Lidke" 22' Continental, Dana, Finish Line, (from Smiley) now Silverwing. This ad is before Cole made "his" 20SS. he had Joe's Tooling use "someone else's molds" to build the first ones, then he built his own. (2 1/2" taller). At this time I had Joe's laying up my 20'6" boats. I had an old "Manta/Supercruiser" and put the 'pad' bottom in it back in 1978. Me, Cole, then "Hi-Tech" with the same boat, how does that happen? OH! I forgot, it's the boat business.

NUTHIN
08-15-2006, 06:23 AM
T.T.T im sure some of the history/info could have
been -->pm'd<--to the seller..
boat is very nice!!!

AngryJosh
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Shiat...Its a jet with a runner bottom that gradually turns into a shallow V. I was told it was a TR-2, but what the hell do I know? Its got Cole custom boats painted on it, its an 88 model, its a JET, and the title says its a Cole.
Marty-Gras- Thanks for the heads up, but tone it down a notch. To assume that I didnt try to get my facts straight before posting my spam is a mistake on your part. I tried...but failed :) So now I know that I have a pantera bottom...thanks. I think what the others, like ROZ are saying is that your first post was rude. Just the tone was all wrong. Start slow, and gradually build speed as others question your credibility. Dont just come out mouthin off.

AngryJosh
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
ALSO...the person I bought the boat from did quite a bit of research and actually talked with Mr.Cole. Apparently this boat was built for the owner of Jacuzzi jets and taken to the east coast for testing purposes. It ended up back on the west coast with its current setup. It does in fact have the runner bottom!!!!!!!!!! And towards the very back it turns into a very shallow V. Does this sound like a panther bottom? I'd like to know.
Heres the PM that was sent to me on this boat..I'm withholding the names to protect the innocent, since Marty-Gras wants to hurt people over this thread... :cool:
I have been in the process of substaniating s/p it. it was told to me about 5 years ago and I went to Coles shop and this is what I was told.
Sitting in his shop he pulled out some pictures of this hull being pulled from the plug and rigged up. Same Hull id on the picture as yours. He told me that he takes pictures of every boat that he made. He went on to tell me that this boat was built for the owner of Jacuzzi jets, and moved the hull back east to do some testing on intakes, pumps, motors etc...
Now here is why I started to believe what I was told. if you look underneath the boat you can see holes where a different intake was used. When you take of the transom adaptor off you will also see some filled holes.
I went on for years trying to track down the history of this boat and really came to a dead end.
My buddy who was interested in buying it has been looking for a hull like yours for a long time. He was telling me that the bottom is not anything like the others of the same make and year. It has to do with the skag that is mid-hull. I know that there are not that many Cole jet hulls out there, but he has found two of them and they have totall different bottoms then yours. This is what started my looking into it again. I have been talking with a guy in florida that bought a couple of molds from Jim Cole and is currently producing new boats. They are tracking down more of the history. I will keep you updated.

Cole Trickle
08-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Nice boat!!
I would think someone that was about to drive 800miles would have looked at the first picture and noticed that it was a jet. :)
On a side note do any of the experts know what kind of boat I have?(I don't want to be wrong when I list it for sale)
I know it's a slow Jet (Mid 80's)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491cole.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491cole2.JPG

Marty Gras
08-15-2006, 09:48 PM
"Josh" just because someone blew smoke up your ass doesn't make the smoke true. It's a "Pantera Jet" right off of a "Hondo Pantera Jet" with the little spoiler added to make it a Cole. (ask Mike Brendell of ski boat fame) The "turn fin" was needed to make it turn, just like the Hondo, DiMarco, Brendella, and others of the same bottom design. "Cole Trickle" your boat looks like it is one of the first "lower deck 20's" and was layed up at Joe's Tooling in Burbank Calif. Another boat builder had Joe's laying up his "20' " boat at the same time. Cole printed a nice brochure showing YOUR BOAT along with another (red, silver, and orange outboard) as his offerings. On the next few pages he had pictures showing "20SS" boats that were 2 1/2" taller and not from the same mold as your boat. Somehow Cole had "used" another mold to produce a few boats and then 'magically make his own NEW DESIGN' ! You have a nice fast boat, and it should bring great money to you right after the first 'test drive'. Please don't get angry, just investigate my words and see for yourselves. Just remember, Joe's also did the SAME HULL DESIGN FOR HIGH TECH MARINE without any conscience, just cash!

djunkie
08-16-2006, 02:32 AM
"Josh" just because someone blew smoke up your ass doesn't make the smoke true. It's a "Pantera Jet" right off of a "Hondo Pantera Jet" with the little spoiler added to make it a Cole. (ask Mike Brendell of ski boat fame) The "turn fin" was needed to make it turn, just like the Hondo, DiMarco, Brendella, and others of the same bottom design. "Cole Trickle" your boat looks like it is one of the first "lower deck 20's" and was layed up at Joe's Tooling in Burbank Calif. Another boat builder had Joe's laying up his "20' " boat at the same time. Cole printed a nice brochure showing YOUR BOAT along with another (red, silver, and orange outboard) as his offerings. On the next few pages he had pictures showing "20SS" boats that were 2 1/2" taller and not from the same mold as your boat. Somehow Cole had "used" another mold to produce a few boats and then 'magically make his own NEW DESIGN' ! You have a nice fast boat, and it should bring great money to you right after the first 'test drive'. Please don't get angry, just investigate my words and see for yourselves. Just remember, Joe's also did the SAME HULL DESIGN FOR HIGH TECH MARINE without any conscience, just cash!
Damm bro, who pee'd in your cheerios? :rolleyes:

Cole Trickle
08-16-2006, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=Marty Gras "Cole Trickle" your boat looks like it is one of the first "lower deck 20's" and was layed up at Joe's Tooling in Burbank Calif. Another boat builder had Joe's laying up his "20' " boat at the same time. Cole printed a nice brochure showing YOUR BOAT along with another (red, silver, and orange outboard) as his offerings. On the next few pages he had pictures showing "20SS" boats that were 2 1/2" taller and not from the same mold as your boat. Somehow Cole had "used" another mold to produce a few boats and then 'magically make his own NEW DESIGN' ! You have a nice fast boat, and it should bring great money to you right after the first 'test drive'. Please don't get angry, just investigate my words and see for yourselves. Just remember, Joe's also did the SAME HULL DESIGN FOR HIGH TECH MARINE without any conscience, just cash![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info:)
Any idea what years they were made and how many lower decks were produced?
Also where might someone find a copy of the brochure showing the boat?(If you have a copy perhaps you could scan it and email it to me?)

NautiTwins
08-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Josh,
Have you looked at the title on the boat?

AngryJosh
08-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes, it just says its a Cole, and gives the size and class

NautiTwins
08-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, it just says its a Cole, and gives the size and class
It should say Firestar on there somewhere. Look at the bill of sale I gave you when I bought the boat.

AngryJosh
08-16-2006, 10:28 AM
It doesnt say it on the title, but I will check your bill of sale from when you bought the boat. But when you sold it to me I'm sure you listed it as a TR-2...correct? Truthfully, I couldnt give a crap. Freakin TR-2, starfire, Firestar, panther, puma, cougar...whatever. Its a Cole t-deck you bastards :crossx: :cool: :cool:

NautiTwins
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
It doesnt say it on the title, but I will check your bill of sale from when you bought the boat. But when you sold it to me I'm sure you listed it as a TR-2...correct?
Nope!!! I was just looking for that thread to verify it but I can not seem to find it.

AngryJosh
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
It doesnt say it on the title, but I will check your bill of sale from when you bought the boat. But when you sold it to me I'm sure you listed it as a TR-2...correct? Truthfully, I couldnt give a crap. Freakin TR-2, starfire, Firestar, panther, puma, cougar...whatever. Its a Cole t-deck you bastards :crossx: :cool: :cool:

AngryJosh
08-16-2006, 10:36 AM
And its a JET

NautiTwins
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
The T-deck part is right. Remember when I e-mailed you about telling people it had a hondo bottom? There was this guy at Lost Lake like two years ago telling me the same story that fag Marty Gras was talking about.
Marty Gras, who are you? You obvisously know a little about this boat and you better answer my PM you homo. LOL

AngryJosh
08-16-2006, 10:44 AM
LMAO...yeah you HOMO, your right tell me more about my boat :cool:

NautiTwins
08-16-2006, 10:49 AM
LMAO...yeah you HOMO, your right tell me more about my boat :cool:
LOL. I wish I would have found this guy earlier in my life, instead of wasting 6 years tracking down the history on this boat. I mean really what does Jim Cole know, he only sold these things.

n8dawg
08-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Nice thread huh? I think that guy wants to see some of that "angry" come out!
Anyways... do not sell your boat!
We'll be at Casitas on Sunday (hopefully, depending on my work.) The Miller is up and running better than ever!!! :crossx: I would post some gps #'s but I think I'll wait till we run 'em again. I don't want to scare you off just yet. :p

AngryJosh
08-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Bitch, you better check that shiat. The Cole is forever dominant!!!!!!! Here, I'll save you the time and gas...It will turn out the same as last time. Bwaaaahaahaha
So are you keeping it? I need to know!

n8dawg
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I'll be hanging onto her for a while longer. I want to enjoy the speeds I'm running! hahaha .......you dont even know dude. You might wanna sell that boat and stick to surfing after you run me again. Sorry!!!! Not!

AngryJosh
08-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Pah leeeez...this sounds like the same smack talkin I heard before we went to Naci. And if memory serves me correctly My boat jumped on the back of yours and started humpin it...The Cole got some Miller assssssssssss

n8dawg
08-18-2006, 02:51 PM
You see I already know what my boat runs........Now if you wanna slap down some $$$ you can stare at the new "MOPAR SUCKS" sticker I have on the back of my boat!!!!!!! :p
Anytime bro, anytime. :crossx:

n8dawg
08-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey your boat is not forsale anymore right? So we can turn your thread into a smack talkin thread!

AngryJosh
08-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Smack talkin it is. Oh hey, I'm on ebay right now lookin for a blower and aluminum heads. Im not takin any chances. :crossx: Dont think I wont!!! **** it :cool:

ROZ
08-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Then I get "experts" attacking a fact that they should have known prior to the attacks.
Hey cocksucker, did I or any others claim to be an expert? I only wrote what I "heard" from who knows what source..Hell, I don't even remember.. I did reread your post several times before I posted. Take your own advise and reread what I wrote before commenting... especially after now you believe you were "attacked"... sheesh... lighten up, have your favorite alcoholic beverage, and get laid! :D <----- smilies means funny...

ColeTR2
08-27-2006, 01:08 PM
It's a 1988 Cole Starfire Jet.... Like the one in the pictured in the center. It's very clean and look like a fun river boat. Is it still for sale? I didn't see a price.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/old%20stuff%20001.jpg

AngryJosh
08-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Everything is for sale...PM me if your serious

Marty Gras
08-27-2006, 08:10 PM
"Angry Josh" "Roz" and other STUPID PEOPLE, I'm not at all upset at the fact that most of you idiots don't know the difference between a 70 MPH jet boat and a "TR2" V-drive boat that is capable of twice that speed. I am not bothered in the least amount that you boneheads are "wallowing in your stupidity" on this web site. (out loud) I do however, need to get your "minds right" on a few facts. I was looking for a runner bottom boat to purchase for myself. The original post was for a "TR2", and that is NOT A JET BOAT! A "TR2" is a V-drive runnerbottom, and those of you who think that "it's all good" here, need to realize that posting uninformed BS, is still, BS! No matter what YOUR UNINFORMED MINDS THINK! "Roz", I also feel that if you are in your own "angry mood", please feel free to come on down to the channel on a Sunday. I'm usually there on most Sundays, and YOU can call ME a cocksucker TO MY FACE at that time. While correcting YOUR errors on this web site today, I also look forward to our meeting in the channel, REAL SOON IDIOT! I know that YOU TOO WILL SOON LEARN about the differences between DOING something and HEARING about something.

Marty Gras
08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
"Nauti Twins", I 'PM'd' you back with the facts that I know. You need to stand up and take back your attack on me (fag Marty Gras)! YOU now know that I have way more knowledge of these boats than most, and I don't deserve the attacks that UNINFORMED PEOPLE have been giving me. I didn't want a fight, just to point out the REAL FACTS of this SPAM. If you don't think I'm correct, then bring your friend "Roz" with you down to the channel (on Sunday) and I'll see you both face to face.

Marty Gras
08-27-2006, 09:30 PM
"Angry Josh" CORRECT YOUR SPAM! IT'S NOT A "TR2"!!!! IT'S A JET BOAT!!! And please leave 'some of the greatest people on this earth THE USMC' out of this little argument.

ROZ
08-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Yep, this is definitely ***boat.com ...LMAO...

NautiTwins
08-28-2006, 07:10 AM
"Nauti Twins", I 'PM'd' you back with the facts that I know. You need to stand up and take back your attack on me (fag Marty Gras)! YOU now know that I have way more knowledge of these boats than most, and I don't deserve the attacks that UNINFORMED PEOPLE have been giving me. I didn't want a fight, just to point out the REAL FACTS of this SPAM. If you don't think I'm correct, then bring your friend "Roz" with you down to the channel (on Sunday) and I'll see you both face to face.
LMAO. My daddy is bigger then yours. Come on, are you two? Fighting on the playground is a means to no end. The only way I will meet you in the channel is if you have a full cooler of beer waiting for me.
You should post what you PM'ed me. It was very useful information and you obviously have some knowledge about these hulls. I think it would be more useful to use your talents to educate people instead of bringing them down.

NeverStop
08-28-2006, 09:55 AM
LOL, Some people are just ass-holes..... Maybe some should go over to myspace, I beleive that there are lots of kids that love shit-talking and name callling there.... :argue: :p

AngryJosh
08-28-2006, 01:07 PM
...what do you mean leave the Marines out of it? I'am a former Marine; so its kinda hard. Just because my signature says something about Marines?? I never brought the Marines into this?? Read through all my posts again...not one word except my signature and avatar...which is on EVERY post I make. Whether its calling you a dipshit or lending some advice to others. You know what my boat looks like...and I hope you come find me someday.

MudPumper
08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Wow, it's nice to see that even the spam section of this website has been infected with childish bullshit and ****ed up egos. Way to go fellas. :yuk:

Marty Gras
08-28-2006, 04:45 PM
You may call it "childish", but I call it "misrepresenting a boat for sale". I started with; "TR2 is a V-drive boat" and others threw in similar facts along with a Cole ad showing the different hulls offered. The "childish thing" is that the guy didn't correct his ad title, and still seems to think it's OK to misrepresent in his SPAM. (or doesn't get it) "Nauti", I did start out trying to help, but now I see that it's more "PC" to ass kiss than be correct with your information. If we let a major error in a spam post go uncorrected, will we let other important information go unreported or uncorrected? On another thread around here, people are angry about "misrepresented boat parts", and not "getting what they paid for", why am I so wrong for first pointing out the error and then being attacked for backing up my point? I guess I'm simple minded in thinking that having the correct information is important. I guess I'm simple minded also when trying to be "factual" in my first post and that it would be accepted by those who don't have a clue. My other downfall is the fact that I'm not so simple minded as to think a "TR2" was a jet boat. But then who would post such a obvious error?

olbiezer
08-28-2006, 05:36 PM
wish i had the popcorn vending concession on this thread.........id be driving a tr2 with money blowing out the back........ :argue: :) :rollside:

AngryJosh
08-28-2006, 08:57 PM
You just dont get it do you? It the way your very first post on the very first page came across to everyone. You sounded like an asshole, but it seems like it fits.
Now I'm never going to change it...
Hey everyone---TR2 for sale TR2 for sale

MudPumper
08-28-2006, 09:52 PM
A "TR2" is a V-drive boat not a jet! Try getting your descriptions correct prior to posting your spam!
Lets review......This is your very first post in this thread that started this shit. Don't you think you could have worded it a bit better??? Maybe something like, "Hey Josh, I have worked on many Cole boats in my time and I'm pretty sure yours is a T-Deck, not a TR2." And then maybe explain the reasons why.
Then people posted a valid response about you being harsh. Bottom line is you came off like a dick in your very first post. You could have gone about it in a more tactful manner.
In your second post, you resorted to calling names and using THE CAPITAL LETTERS to get your point across. Bottom line is, YOU ESCALATED this thread into the shit that it has become, at one point even getting as "childish" as to challenging guys to meet you at the channel to fight.
My original post about bringing the childish shit to the spam section was not directed to anybody in particular, just a general statement. But at least we all know who the "childish" person is that we all have to thank for infecting the spam section. So once again, I say thanks.
Hey Josh, thats a great looking TR2 you have for sale.

BigDoug
08-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Iv'e been following this thread cause i like Josh's boat and the color scheme too. Now Josh may have made a mistake in his initial "for sale ad" not knowing if his cole was a tr2 or an r2d2, it really doesn't matter cause someone as knowlegeable as Marti-Gras knows better and corrected it............................it was the manner correction he did this in is rediculous, it seems he is stuck on this misprint and can't let it go.
Marti-Gras, have you once thought about the way you keep attacking this issue that it just gets worse ? you obviously have noticed Josh hasn't changed the ad right ? i bet if you backed off then maybe Josh will correct it but then again he may not cause he's having fun with it knowing this pisses you off to no end, this is my take on the whole deal.
Josh, i like your boat regardless if it is a r2d2 or tr2....it's just cool. :)

'75 Miller
08-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Think Mr. Marty Gras is a little pissed you haven't changed your post? Wanting to fight a guy for mistakenly labeling a boat for sale is pretty lame.
Josh , please don't change the heading of your post, this guy deserves to have his panties in a bunch.

AngryJosh
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the kind comments about the boat guys.
Marty Gras acts like I was trying to hide the fact it was a jet????? WHAT..look at the pics!! Anyways--as we all know its just ignorant and dangerous to challenge people that you have no knowledge about to a fight at the sandbar.What a fool, I could be Josh Burkman who fights in the UFC and hed get his ass rolled up, or some crazy fireman who brings all his buddies??? OOOOO, ouch-I dont even want to think about it...LMAO :) :)
Hey Marty Gras. I went ahead and changed the heading, could you please go back to my original post on the first page and make sure its correct?

ROZ
08-29-2006, 10:51 PM
some crazy fireman who brings all his buddies??? OOOOO, ouch-I dont even want to think about it...LMAO :) :)
Please don't tell phebus about the fireman action on the beach.. it could get ugly :D

cudaz101
08-30-2006, 04:30 AM
You may call it "childish", but I call it "misrepresenting a boat for sale". I started with; "TR2 is a V-drive boat" and others threw in similar facts along with a Cole ad showing the different hulls offered. The "childish thing" is that the guy didn't correct his ad title, and still seems to think it's OK to misrepresent in his SPAM. (or doesn't get it) "Nauti", I did start out trying to help, but now I see that it's more "PC" to ass kiss than be correct with your information. If we let a major error in a spam post go uncorrected, will we let other important information go unreported or uncorrected? On another thread around here, people are angry about "misrepresented boat parts", and not "getting what they paid for", why am I so wrong for first pointing out the error and then being attacked for backing up my point? I guess I'm simple minded in thinking that having the correct information is important. I guess I'm simple minded also when trying to be "factual" in my first post and that it would be accepted by those who don't have a clue. My other downfall is the fact that I'm not so simple minded as to think a "TR2" was a jet boat. But then who would post such a obvious error?
See....Even though my post count HERE @ ***boat is low I happen to have some knowledge that can Help you just as you have knowledge to help others with the Cole boat. Here we go...So pay attention....Mkay???
If you see something you believe to be incorrect ONE of many ways to address it is to PM "AKA - Peronal Message" the individual with your endless plethera of information regarding their boat or whatever. THIS by the way is the BEST way to handle it because its plain BULLSHIT to hijack someones spam for ANY reason...And that means even YOUR reasons regardless how passionate you are about them.
Another way to handle it would be to polite like....Address the person in the thread with a non-insulting post regarding the infraction if you MUST say anything at all...
See....Internet communication can lack expression, so smileys could be your friend as well...
Making threats is another pretty big internet foul ie. I will meet ya in the Channel blah blah blah...
JOSH....Another USMC X-PAT brotha...Nice boat!!!
Brad

taylormanss
09-13-2006, 02:41 PM
thanks for the posts guys a buddy of mine just bought a cole jetboat over here in houston,tx. and all this info is helpful .thanks again.

taylormanss
09-13-2006, 02:42 PM
BTW did ya ever sell the boat josh? oh and didn't ya sell a scorpion to another buddy of mine over here?

Marty Gras
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Gee thanks Brad! I have no idea how to comunicate with other English speaking (reading) people. You have really set me straight. I guess you are correct, I should talk to him behind your backs or just let his (uncorrected) major error go. I'm getting the idea from you that it's better to be "polite" than "correct' when posting spam. I feel my first post was done 'without malace', and those around here (like you) feel it's YOUR PLACE to "correct my posting skills/ attitude". It's OK with me if we don't agree, but I must tell you that I will continue to call out BS when I read it. Everyone makes errors, but after others here have agreed with the facts, he has not reposted a corrected Spam for his boat. If you haven't already found out, there is a MAJOR price difference between a Cole jet and a Cole TR2! Have a nice "PC" life!

'75 Miller
09-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Gee thanks Brad! I have no idea how to comunicate with other English speaking (reading) people. You have really set me straight. I guess you are correct, I should talk to him behind your backs or just let his (uncorrected) major error go. I'm getting the idea from you that it's better to be "polite" than "correct' when posting spam. I feel my first post was done 'without malace', and those around here (like you) feel it's YOUR PLACE to "correct my posting skills/ attitude". It's OK with me if we don't agree, but I must tell you that I will continue to call out BS when I read it. Everyone makes errors, but after others here have agreed with the facts, he has not reposted a corrected Spam for his boat. If you haven't already found out, there is a MAJOR price difference between a Cole jet and a Cole TR2! Have a nice "PC" life!
Why should he change his post? 'Cuz some internet tough-guy says to? You made your point, you're right, it's not a TR2. Rather than being an adult & letting it go you persist in, well, making an ass of yourself over it. Do you think if you keep talking smack the man's gonna relent & change his post? Of course, like a little kid I expect you'll respond; gotta secure that last word, right?
I suppose you'll wanna meet me in the channel now too, huh?

Pussywhippled
09-13-2006, 11:52 PM
I had a thought...
So it might be likely that who ever does buy this boat might have another thing comin at the sandbar.

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey now.
Ease up on the Mopar buddy.
Brian
You see I already know what my boat runs........Now if you wanna slap down some $$$ you can stare at the new "MOPAR SUCKS" sticker I have on the back of my boat!!!!!!! :p
Anytime bro, anytime. :crossx:

v-drive
09-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Why should he change his post? 'Cuz some internet tough-guy says to? You made your point, you're right, it's not a TR2. Rather than being an adult & letting it go you persist in, well, making an ass of yourself over it. Do you think if you keep talking smack the man's gonna relent & change his post? Of course, like a little kid I expect you'll respond; gotta secure that last word, right?
I suppose you'll wanna meet me in the channel now too, huh?
if you see any of this guys other posts(mardi gras) you'll see this is what he does. He may very well be the most knowledgable person on the boards(in his mind) but he goes about it in the wrong way. Quite frankly i wish he would just go away because I don't find him helpful at all. This is the same guy that was sticking up for the dirtbag that has ripped people off.. v-drive

Devilman
09-14-2006, 06:31 AM
thanks for the posts guys a buddy of mine just bought a cole jetboat over here in houston,tx. and all this info is helpful .thanks again.
Is it one of them there TR2s? :rollside: I heard those are pretty rare. :cool: :crossx:

78 challenger
09-14-2006, 06:46 AM
There is alot to read. I started, but my ADD kicked in. Is the boat still for sale, and will you sell the boat minus the motor?

taylormanss
09-16-2006, 03:36 PM
bump

Marty Gras
09-18-2006, 10:32 PM
"Mr V- drive" you are wrong! Please PM "Whale" and see if I'm so bad.

TRG
09-19-2006, 05:54 AM
Remember that "NERD" back in school that would get so friggin irritated, when someone would not see things his way, wether it be an arithmatic problem, or a science project?...i guess it's true...some things never change!
If it looks like pu$$y, smells like pu$$y, guess what?....It might just be some PU$$Y!
Good luck with your sale Josh!
Todd

voodooCanoe
09-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Not to add fuel to this fire, but saying that a "TR" could never be a jet just isn't correct. I know of one TR-3 that was a jet for some years until it was converted to a v-drive.
http://www.raysoncraftboats.com/restoration2.htmhttp:// (http://)

AngryJosh
09-19-2006, 04:12 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo....sorry guys I havnt looked at this thread for awhile. I see things havnt changed wih Martygrass.
Fellow Marines---oh rahhh
To the others who have inquired about the boat....I really wont sell it less motor. When I bought the boat I was attracted by the fact that it had a 440. And whenever I take it out it attracts attention due to the fact its a Cole...but then people gravitate towards the fact it runs MOPAR power. I cant see this boat any other way. Everythings for sale, but I think this boat needs to stay with me; or go to another Mopar buff that happens to like jetboats.
I have listed this boat a couple of times, but it stays with me for a reason I guess...?
Thanks again guys

AngryJosh
10-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Any fellow Mopar buffs want a nice boat? New low price $8K
My purchase price was 7500 and I have put easily $2k more into it.
Turn key----8K And I'll take you for a ride

Nautitwins2
10-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Any fellow Mopar buffs want a nice boat? New low price $8K
My purchase price was 7500 and I have put easily $2k more into it.
Turn key----8K And I'll take you for a ride
Curious as to what changes you made? Did you do anything to the motor?

AngryJosh
10-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Alright, for one week only!!!!!!!!! Seriously
$7500, this is what I paid for it, and its only gotten better. One week!! :mad: :cry:

AngryJosh
10-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Ttt

Bow Tie Omega
10-15-2006, 01:57 PM
...what do you mean leave the Marines out of it? I'am a former Marine; so its kinda hard. Just because my signature says something about Marines?? I never brought the Marines into this?? Read through all my posts again...not one word except my signature and avatar...which is on EVERY post I make. Whether its calling you a dipshit or lending some advice to others. You know what my boat looks like...and I hope you come find me someday.
Josh, just a friendly reminder, once a Marine, always a Marine. The only former Marines I know are 6 feet under. A Marine is always a Marine, coming from a former corpsman :boxed: As for mardi gras, you obviously have a working knowledge with these hulls, using a little more tact next time will get you alot more respect and alot less name calling. From what the majority said, myself included, you came off as a dick. Now if you are a dick, just come out and say so and dont make excuses for it, otherwise have a beer and take it down a couple of notches man. Have a good day guys
Oh, by the way, nice boat...good luck with the sale

Rexone
10-18-2006, 12:18 PM
if you see any of this guys other posts(mardi gras) you'll see this is what he does. He may very well be the most knowledgable person on the boards(in his mind) but he goes about it in the wrong way. Quite frankly i wish he would just go away because I don't find him helpful at all. This is the same guy that was sticking up for the dirtbag that has ripped people off.. v-drive
I just happened upon this thread...
You're spot on there v-drive. A good percentage of his posts are derogotory, condesending, if not flat out blatantly rude. He's the expert and everyone else is something less and it's made quite clear by calling them stupid, idiots and so on, on a regular and ongoing basis. Check his post list on this and former screename bigkatboat and check how many of them refer to the "experts" in a condesending manner. ***boat is made up of a broad cross section of people, mostly boaters (who aren't suppose to be boating tech experts) and a few in the industry who are experts of varying degrees in various fields. Critisizing and talking down to forum members for not being experts on a boating forum is kind of like a paramedic coming on an accident and critisizing a first aider for offering first aid and putting a bandage in the wrong place. BS imo but wtf do I know, I'm sure I'm on the idiot list too.
I will remind ALL forum members if any THREATS OF VIOLENCE are made on this forum you WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY by order from ***boat. The meet me down by the channel deal is right on the edge.
Carry on.