PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: FE Ford heads/ ex man

Moneypitt
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm looking for some ready to run FE Ford heads that would work on a low RPM truck motor, (428). I also need a left side exhaust manifold for the same FE in a 68 f250.....I'm trying to stay local to So Cal if possible, but what have you got???...........Ray

Moneypitt
08-04-2006, 12:09 PM
OK, so no one has any ready to run FE heads, how about some rebuildable cores??? Anyone???.............MP

dmontzsta
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I think I might have a set, they would need to be gone through though. I will check it out.

Moneypitt
08-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I think I might have a set, they would need to be gone through though. I will check it out.
OK. how much, where, and when? I'll have them done........What were they off? PM me, please...Ray
PS: got a L/S truck exhaust manifold to go with them???????

LakesOnly
08-05-2006, 05:11 PM
MP,
I am in SoCal this w/e (August 5-6) and am pretty sure we have some C8AE-H casting cores. Gonna cost you big time, though...$19.99 grand total.
LO
p.s.: If we still have a rebuildable set with all the oem valves, springs and retainers, etc., then that will cost you a bit more...like $20.00 grand total.

Moneypitt
08-05-2006, 06:31 PM
MP,
I am in SoCal this w/e (August 5-6) and am pretty sure we have some C8AE-H casting cores. Gonna cost you big time, though...$19.99 grand total.
LO
p.s.: If we still have a rebuildable set with all the oem valves, springs and retainers, etc., then that will cost you a bit more...like $20.00 grand total.
OK, where are you in So Cal and where are the heads? Give me a call, 805 498 6531/ or 300 0012, and I'll try to hook up with you. I'm un familuar with the casting #s, but I've been told all the 360-428 heads were basicly the same. Call or PM me, I'm home..............Ray
PS exhaust manifold?? Aluminum low profile intake??.............

LakesOnly
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Leaving for the shop in a few minutes...will buzz you by noon.
LO

LakesOnly
08-06-2006, 10:23 PM
MP,
Here they are. They have been gathering dust in the corner of the shop for about 15 years, but they are 100% complete. Just disassemble and treat them as rebuildable cores. I'm pleased to say that these FE heads have ZERO broken bolts in the exhaust flanges. Matching date codes, too. They are tagged with your name on them:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350C8AEH_Ray.jpg
Give Van a call whenever you're ready to come get 'em. Please try to keep it inside of three weeks. Contact me if you need the shop info again. Oh, and that'll be twenty bucks. :D
Thanks!
LO

Moneypitt
08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
MP,
Here they are. They have been gathering dust in the corner of the shop for about 15 years, but they are 100% complete. Just disassemble and treat them as rebuildable cores. I'm pleased to say that these FE heads have ZERO broken bolts in the exhaust flanges. Matching date codes, too. They are tagged with your name on them:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350C8AEH_Ray.jpg
Give Van a call whenever you're ready to come get 'em. Please try to keep it inside of three weeks. Contact me if you need the shop info again. Oh, and that'll be twenty bucks. :D
Thanks!
LO
Called and picked them up today. Paid in full.........Thanks, Ray

LakesOnly
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Great! Glad to be of service Ray! Sorry I couldn't be there myself and meet you in person. I like to see any usable parts be put to good use, and the FE's are no exception....as 058 says, "They don't make those heads anymore," so let's keep them going strong!
Lot's of people may not be able to see past the appearance, but I didn't doubt a machinist such as yourself knows what you're looking at. Diamonds in the rough.....for anyone wondering what the hell I could possibly be talking about, here are some before and after pics of a few 460 heads that I cleaned up:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/350Heads_Before.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/350Heads_After.jpg
LO
PS: MP, by the way, it may even be possible that those FE heads were reconditioned prior to collecting all that shop dust. Whatever the case, enjoy.

Moneypitt
08-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Great! Glad to be of service Ray! Sorry I couldn't be there myself and meet you in person. I like to see any usable parts be put to good use, and the FE's are no exception....as 058 says, "They don't make those heads anymore," so let's keep them going strong!
PS: MP, by the way, it may even be possible that those FE heads were reconditioned prior to collecting all that shop dust. Whatever the case, enjoy.
One of them has a rebuilders "heat" tag on it, one has a sucked valve, no big deal as I'll have them totally gone thru and on "stand by" for when the time comes. I'm still lookiing for a left side exhaust manifold for the truck, and also a low profile, bottom end type aluminum intake. Once all the parts are ready then out comes the engine AND trans for a little refreshing with as little down time as possible. I would still like a link to a Ford site like Mortec is for Chevys so I can do a little research on casting numbers and chamber info. I've been told all these FE castings are the same, but I've heard that before and know there is a huge difference between these and a 427 med riser/428 CJ/hipo 390 etc etc. Anyone got an info as to a site with Ford FE info?......Ray