PDA

View Full Version : New & Used Boats For Sale

inlandboats
08-02-2006, 03:05 PM
http://inlandautoandboat.com/btad72806.jpg

Kilrtoy
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
I look at some of your boats and you are selling 5 plus year old boats for more than they sold for new :rolleyes:

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I look at some of your boats and you are selling 5 plus year old boats for more than they sold for new :rolleyes:
Except for the outboards. They seem much lower. :idea:

ChumpChange
08-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Been there and left. If you're young, make sure you take your parents because the sales reps won't give you the time of day. I asked about a price on a boat and the guy stated "it is what it is". Most of the ones I looked at were junk as they were all stored outside. They didn't want to take the covers off any of them for me to look at. I wasn't impressed. This was a long time ago and things may have changed. Hopefully they have new staff with their new location.

inlandboats
08-02-2006, 04:14 PM
We have moved the boats indoors in our 3 acre building...no more covers... and a new staff.
As far as prices, did anybody check NADA before making the price is high statement?

ChumpChange
08-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Who uses NADA? I use the Boat Trader. Market price is a much better value on where it should be priced and right now, the prices are going down.

CornWater
08-02-2006, 04:44 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MOBrien
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
We have moved the boats indoors in our 3 acre building...no more covers... and a new staff.
good moves. Called you guys when looking for my first boat a couple years ago. Salespeople I spoke with made inquiring about the details on several boats (that I would have purchased) a chore to say the least so I went elsewhere.
As far as prices, did anybody check NADA before making the price is high statement?
NADA means nothing, to me at least. Current economic market trends along with supply & demand means everything. Everyone's boat is worth less than they want to believe it's worth right now. Notice how a large % of boat ads are also including "recently reduced" & "price reduction" as updated language? I'm not saying your pricing is out of line and honestly I didn't even look into it. But what I am saying is that NADA is a generic "guide" to approximate values/pricing, not the boat value/pricing bible. It is rarely accurate to what the market is really doing from what I've seen. Sometimes it's in the buyer's best interest and sometimes it's in the sellers best interest. Because of that I don't view it as very accurate. They are worth what people are willing to pay....period.
Good luck with your sales. You guys do have some pretty nice rigs in there.

inlandboats
08-02-2006, 09:31 PM
You need a basis for price. Market does determine price...Also, you get what you pay for...NADA is as much a guide for boats as Kelly Blue Book is for automobiles...just a guide.
The market is hot right now. Economy withstanding, boats are selling better than most other items. Reason: you can either cruise 'em and burn gas, or relax with friends and family, and let the world's problems float by. Most people don't move them more than where they are going and pulling someone for short distances. The current economy determines how far you move them, not how much you use them.

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Well I did what you said and went to NADA and I came in $4500 cheaper than your list price.....on the 2000 stingray , Which I know sold new for $10,029
YEP YOU ARE WAY OVER PRICED :rolleyes:

Never Too Old
08-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Most people trying to sell a boat will say that NADA is not accurate. But I have found that, as a buyer, NADA is a very good starting point. Obviously, you adjust up or down based on condition.
NADA does not reflect asking prices. But it is very close to what boats are actually selling for - those that actually sell. If you want to sell a boat - list it at close to NADA value and it will probably sell.
I would not pay much more than NADA for a boat.

inlandboats
08-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Let's see... did not add for depth gauge, trim indicator, AM/FM cassette, swim step & ladder, compass, aluminum trailer, and let's not forget that the suggested price new is a stripped down price at around $20,000, AND then if you look closely at the ad, and take tax and registration out of it, it comes to $11,484.92 (a total of $1,015.08 less)...AND let's not forget the $500 shopping spree...NADA IS $11,874.00...our actual price is $10,984.92...the difference is....

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 07:49 AM
$8,260
ok that is the price with all the stuff you added,
even though the trim indicator was standard and the swim step ladder was standard along with the casette , compass was not but the trailer was also standard and that is included in the NADA price
Here is a little secret
the 18' was $9029 and the 19' was $10'029 brand new, I know this because I used to own one and I have my sales contract in hand :boxed:

boxscore
08-03-2006, 07:56 AM
$8,260
ok that is the price with all the stuff you added,
even though the trim indicator was standard and the swim step ladder was standard along with the casette , compass was not but the trailer was also standard and that is included in the NADA price
Here is a little secret
the 18' was $9029 and the 19' was $10'029 brand new, I know this because I used to own one and I have my sales contract in hand :boxed:
Miggy... keep on rippin him. It's quite entertaining!

inlandboats
08-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Apples to apples?

THATJEFFGUY
08-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Inland Boats definitely would not be my first choice to buy a boat. I went there about a year ago and the sales staff acted as though I was bothering them when asked to look inside the boats. They had no knowledge of what they were trying to sell...nor did they wanna take the time to talk to me. I also have to agree with the high pricing. I looked at 3 different boats they had on the lot and compared them to the boat trader and NADA guide...yes apples to apples ! They were anywhere from $1k to almost $3k overpriced, so I decided to move on. IMHO, Inland seems like just another cheapo used car lot...but selling boats instead.

PHX ATC
08-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Not defending anybody at all because I don't know any of the posting parties, but isn't it the general m.o. in sales to ask more than you'd be willing to settle for? I mean, geez, boat selling shops do it all the time, new car dealers, used car dealers, whatever, they have an asking price and then the game begins.
I think we've lost sight of the big picture here...they are asking prices, not bottom lines. NADA and traderonline are great sources of comparisons, but you have to look at all the boats you are comparing in person to determine the shape of the merchandise. It's very hard to shop online and compare details that way. Trust me, I just did it!
Anyway, on with the bashing... :)

inlandboats
08-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I once asked a basher if they were a dealer and never heard from them again.
Thank you for keeping this post at the top.

ChumpChange
08-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Not defending anybody at all because I don't know any of the posting parties, but isn't it the general m.o. in sales to ask more than you'd be willing to settle for? I mean, geez, boat selling shops do it all the time, new car dealers, used car dealers, whatever, they have an asking price and then the game begins.
When I was there and asked about the price, I was told "it is what it is".....NO DEALING.

ChumpChange
08-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Let's see... did not add ...AM/FM cassette.......
You can actually add for that?

sdpm
08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
You need a basis for price. Market does determine price...Also, you get what you pay for...NADA is as much a guide for boats as Kelly Blue Book is for automobiles...just a guide.
The market is hot right now. Economy withstanding, boats are selling better than most other items. Reason: you can either cruise 'em and burn gas, or relax with friends and family, and let the world's problems float by. Most people don't move them more than where they are going and pulling someone for short distances. The current economy determines how far you move them, not how much you use them.
If the market is so hot right now, why are you giving away a $500.00 shopping spree? The only market "in boats" that is somewhat strong right now is poontoon and lower priced deck boats. Fishing is not real good. No tuna,yellowtail,white seabass,etc. so fishing boats are in the tank. Summer is winding down and not many shoppers right now. Just look at all the boats on here that are not moving! Sorry but I have to disagree with this statement.

inlandboats
08-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Are you a dealer?
You really need to follow the boat auctions...dealers are crying for boats.
You are right, however, we are giving away a shopping spree...boat dealers don't like to floor boats after the season is over which ends in September.
We also sell trucks -- mostly diesel and sales are picking up on those.

boxscore
08-03-2006, 10:43 AM
When I was there and asked about the price, I was told "it is what it is".....NO DEALING.
Hey Inland... Is this reflective of your policy? Really? I just love hearing that on a sales lot...gives me that warm, fuzzy and welcome feeling.

inlandboats
08-03-2006, 10:56 AM
No, not really...you really need to read the previous answer to this...

sdpm
08-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Are you a dealer?
You really need to follow the boat auctions...dealers are crying for boats.
You are right, however, we are giving away a shopping spree...boat dealers don't like to floor boats after the season is over which ends in September.
We also sell trucks -- mostly diesel and sales are picking up on those.
Not here in San Diego. Dealers can't give them away! Yes I am a dealer of only used boats now as well as service and parts sales. 18 years. I don't but from auctions.

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm thinking this is not the best place to advertise your business, looks like things aren't going to well here for you on HB. :cool:

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Not here in San Diego. Dealers can't give them away! Yes I am a dealer of only used boats now as well as service and parts sales. 18 years. I don't but from auctions.
That about sums that up :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking this is not the best place to advertise your business, looks like things aren't going to well here for you on HB. :cool:
Come on ya think...
I thought he was batting 1000 about right now
Since he gets top dollar for his boats maybe he can sell mine for me say for about 225K, sounds good to me...

boxscore
08-03-2006, 12:25 PM
No, not really...you really need to read the previous answer to this...
LMAO.... Not really? A little vascillation maybe? So your quoted prices are what they are? Or do you negotiate deals? Huh? You come across as a typical creepy used car salesman.

CornWater
08-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Are you still not disclosing wrecked vehicles to the buyers? Or has that policy changed as well with the new staff????

mbrown2
08-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Are you still not disclosing wrecked vehicles to the buyers? Or has that policy changed as well with the new staff????
OUCH....:)
BTW...Inland boats.....luv your guys shirts...at least they are cool! :)

Acommanderguy
08-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Inland boats, Funny I use to work in this industry, and when we would book a boat on NADA we would book it out as is, and not include any of the "extras" Because NADA doesn't allow you to price it up with all the "extras" Please your using the NADA as a starting point, but than trying to justify your price yours saying well NADA doesn't show you what the boat would be with all the "extras". Come on who are you guys trying to fool? your over priced and you know it.

Acommanderguy
08-03-2006, 01:05 PM
On a side note, your saying that dealers are crying for boats??? What a crock of sh!T. That is far from the truth, with the interests rates where they are on Boats and the pricing dealers are tryign to give boats away. For instance a dealership I worked at where the net profit was 400,000 at the end of the year, right now is at 70,000! And your telling me that dealers are crying for boats? hahahaha that is some of the funniest shit I have heard!

inlandboats
08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
"Funny I use to work in this industry, and when we would book a boat on NADA we would book it out as is, and not include any of the "extras" Because NADA doesn't allow you to price it up with all the "extras" Please your using the NADA as a starting point, but than trying to justify your price yours saying well NADA doesn't show you what the boat would be with all the "extras". Come on who are you guys trying to fool?"
You really don't know what you are talking about, do you?
Also, your axe is showing...why so personal?
Call the dealership where you used to work and check...or didn't you sell used boats from auctions and trade-ins there? Ask them about Manheim.
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Acommanderguy
08-03-2006, 03:31 PM
No axe, just calling it like I see it. Trust me I am still in contact with the dealer I use to work for. As I drive by it everyday on my way to the office still the same boats sitting in the same spots. They are giving boats away because its been so slow. I use to love hearing guys at the boat show over glorify how many boats they have sold in 2 hours!!!! Now if you have some pontoons you may be able to sell those to the people on ***boat.. Since they are considering changing the name it Hotpontoonboat.com!!!

trailerpark_tj
08-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Kilr is just giving his friend Inland a hard time, they are actually very close friends. Here's a pic of Kilr, Inland, and some psycho wanna be DCB cheerleader:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/trailerpark_tj/DSCF0290.jpg

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Kilr is just giving his friend Inland a hard time, they are actually very close friends. Here's a pic of Kilr, Inland, and some psycho wanna be DCB cheerleader:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/trailerpark_tj/DSCF0290.jpg
Wait a minute that guy has a 30HTM with twin 525's that goes 180 and that was the same night I was trying to pickup on that ugly ass tramp that just got banged in the Martini bay pool while we watched.....
I REALLY WAS NOT TRYING TO PICK UP ON HER, just trying to make her feel pretty

boats&bars
08-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Inland would sell the peg leg off your grandma if they could ..... the bottom line is that new building is impressive you gotta pay for it somehow , most of their boats are from the south florida ,texas hence all of the aluminum tilt trailers ,thank god for auctions. I was in there last month and asked the price of a boat and the salesman told me to read the tounge of the trailer, what an ass , Just think you can go to the boat show with 15k and get a new entry level boat or you can drive to bfe and get a 5 year old boat with no warranty . ill take my chances elseware

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Wait a minute that guy has a 30HTM with twin 525's that goes 180 and that was the same night I was trying to pickup on that ugly ass tramp that just got banged in the Martini bay pool while we watched.....
I REALLY WAS NOT TRYING TO PICK UP ON HER, just trying to make her feel pretty
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH. That's an awesome picture. HIGH TECH MARINE MAN!
Is this the same Inland sales??? If so, buy a WARLOCK DIABLO.

trailerpark_tj
08-04-2006, 09:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH. That's an awesome picture. HIGH TECH MARINE MAN!
Is this the same Inland sales??? If so, buy a WARLOCK DIABLO.
"I can take you out in any boat, at any time. I have the keys to all of them" ...good times!

chrisf
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Let me give you my perspective on Inland Boats.
I bought my first boat there, and the key word is first.
Why? Because I did not know what I wanted, so it was nice to have a couple hundred boats available for the wife and kids to get on and try out, as well for me to be comfortable in the drivers seat with plenty of room. Also, did not know which style, Cuddy, bow rider, CC, walk around, outboard, ect.
I ended up with a Bayliner 20.5 footer with a V8. Found what we wanted on their lot, payed for it, moved on. Two issues in transaction: The boat cover they gave me was 2 feet too short and had an outboard cover sewed in. I called them on it, they avoided me and did not return my phone calls. Second, they told me registration would be good for two years, it was good for 3 months till the end of the year (bought it in September)
Got the boat, found out what I liked about it, what I didn't like, researched a lot, and determined the offshore/BBC category was for me, and wanted to get into it. Sold my Bayliner.
When researching offshores, I realized that Inland was higher priced comparatively then some other of the same boats for sale private. But I only knew that because I gained a lot of knowledge doing the research on boats and pricing. I was in the game. I ended up with a Baja 272 with 502 Mag, shipped out from Michigan, I love it.
I think Inland caters to the newbies, the ones that want to see all different styles and choose one. But once educated, I think they lose their competitveness because the boater is now educated, mostly in price.
They serve a market, but I bet they don't get a lot of recurring customers.
And yes, my Bayliner came from Louisiana.
Chris

Mohave Vice
08-04-2006, 01:00 PM
For some reason I thought this was a "private party" section.

Biglue
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
A few years ago when I was looking for my first boat, I stopped by Inland. Their inventory was dated and severely uncared for. Interiors were all dusty and gel coats were dull. Some of the trailers were rusted through on a couple boats. I also noticed that most of the used boats had out of state numbers on them. Their staff sounded untrained and generally didnt know how to answer many questions. I never got into asking for pricing on any of their boats because I just didnt want to buy a boat from there.
As I decided to buy my 26 footer I own now I noticed their ads selling Nordics. I called about the 25 footers and they came off like The Boat Brokers over in Havasu over the phone. After visiting their outfit a couple years prior I knew this place was far from a "large seller". I was completely turned off to their sales approaches.
Hopefully that has all changed and are able to make the shopping experience better for today's new buyers.