PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Mustang 289 engine parts...

PHX ATC
08-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Grandma passed away in March and I have some stuff off my 1968 Mustang's 289 engine over there that needs to go.
289 block .030 over --- cracked cylinder but if somebody wants to sleeve it, it's free otherwise it's getting dumped
289 heads not sure if a 1968 year or not...
289 crankshaft (no perverted comment please :) )
289 2bbl stock intake w/ 2bbl carb (I think Motocraft, I don't know)
289 stock oil pan and I think there's an oil pump in there too
I need to go root around the shed and attic (yes, that's where I dumped the heads :rolleyes: ) I can see what year, get numbers etc if anybody's interested.
I have no idea if it's worth anything or not. I won't ship, pickup in Mesa or Queen Creek, AZ only.
This is probably junk, but before I dump it in a remote dumpster I figured I'd throw it out there.
Toby

YeLLowBoaT
08-04-2006, 11:53 AM
You could take it to a scrap yard and get some cash. Not much, but its better then getting caught with a illegal dumbing fine.

PHX ATC
08-04-2006, 12:02 PM
What's a "dumbing fine"? HAHAHAHA, that cracks me up. :) You fat fingered the keyboard and it's really a great line. You couldn't have done better if you tried!
The super that built my home has a home he's building right next to mine and has given me carte blanch to put whatever I wish in the giant dumpster, so that's where it will go.
Thanks.

brianthelion02
08-04-2006, 02:34 PM
call me<602-234-3974
Grandma passed away in March and I have some stuff off my 1968 Mustang's 289 engine over there that needs to go.
289 block .030 over --- cracked cylinder but if somebody wants to sleeve it, it's free otherwise it's getting dumped
289 heads not sure if a 1968 year or not...
289 crankshaft (no perverted comment please :) )
289 2bbl stock intake w/ 2bbl carb (I think Motocraft, I don't know)
289 stock oil pan and I think there's an oil pump in there too
I need to go root around the shed and attic (yes, that's where I dumped the heads :rolleyes: ) I can see what year, get numbers etc if anybody's interested.
I have no idea if it's worth anything or not. I won't ship, pickup in Mesa or Queen Creek, AZ only.
This is probably junk, but before I dump it in a remote dumpster I figured I'd throw it out there.
Toby

PHX ATC
08-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Gimme a few minutes and I will!