PDA

View Full Version : Hey NASCAR fans???

Jim W
08-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I was at a dinner party last night and one of the guests, a freind of mine, had an interesting story to tell.
We live about 25 or so miles from Watkins Glenn and this guy is a track driving instructor with one of the local car clubs.
He spent this past week at the Glenn doing on track instruction and was saying there were 2 NASCAR drivers there, driving black, unmarked race cars to get in some laps since they had never been to the Glenn before.
What he was saying is that it is highly illegal for them to be there running laps and everyone there---the track owners/management, track officials, saftey crews, their car owners etc. can get into big big trouble for violating NASCARS track time limits.
All he would say is that they are very young guys, early 20's, had never been to the track before and wanted to get some track time in. The cars were registered as training cars and the guys were "students" and everyone at the track knew what was going on.
Can any of you NASCAR fan's figure out who they would be??
Be good, Jim

copterzach
08-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton........

BLUBYU
08-06-2006, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes: :D

Wet Dream
08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton........
HAHA HOHO HEEHEE WOOO. :rolleyes:

DeeCandyBar
08-06-2006, 12:35 PM
who cares! last night i was channel surfing and happened upon a nascar race at one of the tiny ovals and i ended up with headache from my head going round and round. billion dollar sport racing on twenty dollar track...

Jim W
08-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Dee,
next time, put on a helmet!!
It might also help if you make those....zoom--zoom noises!
Either that or turn the sound down and pretend you are the NASCAR announcer. But you need to use that deep southern drawl/twang voice. Or at least.....that's what I heard.
I get to go to a VIP tent (thank's Constellation Brand's/Great Western champaigne!!) and go a few laps in a pace car. Look for me just past the start/finish line OK??
Be good, Jim

Debbolas
08-13-2006, 10:00 AM
K
I give up...................WHO was it?
:D

JB in so cal
08-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Ricky Carmichael :) ??

WHITIE
08-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I was at a dinner party last night and one of the guests, a freind of mine, had an interesting story to tell.
We live about 25 or so miles from Watkins Glenn and this guy is a track driving instructor with one of the local car clubs.
He spent this past week at the Glenn doing on track instruction and was saying there were 2 NASCAR drivers there, driving black, unmarked race cars to get in some laps since they had never been to the Glenn before.
What he was saying is that it is highly illegal for them to be there running laps and everyone there---the track owners/management, track officials, saftey crews, their car owners etc. can get into big big trouble for violating NASCARS track time limits.
All he would say is that they are very young guys, early 20's, had never been to the track before and wanted to get some track time in. The cars were registered as training cars and the guys were "students" and everyone at the track knew what was going on.
Can any of you NASCAR fan's figure out who they would be??
Be good, Jim
I say Denny Hamlin and JJ Yeley, if they were teammates. I heard that Hamlin has never been there before today.

stompnstang
08-13-2006, 02:23 PM
that any of us sitting here can think of so we would guess the same

Jim W
08-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Weather was perfect. One of the most beautiful places in the country is Watkins Glen.
The catered food sucked big time.
Had pit passes that ended at 11:00 AM, wish we had been told that ohhhhh let's say....some time BEFORE 11:00 AM!!
Never got to take a lap in the pace car. Bummer.
The race seemed pretty lame. What happened to Dale Jr.? Not a whole lot of passing. Anyone see the gas man almost get run over by the backing up car?? Right in front of us. A little scary for a second.
Otherwise....had a good time.
Be good, Jim