PDA

View Full Version : Gas might be going up even more.....

Jyruiz
08-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Read about it HERE (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060807/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_field_shutdown)

HavasuSelect
08-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Well I guess I'd better speed up that motorcycle purchase.

HocusPocus
08-06-2006, 08:12 PM
there is always some excuse to raise the fuel prices. :crossx:

Sotally Tober
08-06-2006, 08:21 PM
I do not think we will see below $3 a gallon again. It will just keep going up, up, and up. Anyone know of any hybrid boats out there?

termiteguy
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
as long as we have an ahole like bush we will have high gas prices
sorry all you bush fans koolaid is a bitch to kick!

lalhc
08-06-2006, 08:49 PM
We need to utilize our reserve oil when these instances occur.

Jesster
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
We need to utilize our reserve oil when these instances occur.
It wouldn't matter if we did. Not that we couldn't make up for the lost output but it's the speculators that control these prices and they love nothing more than a reason to up prices and make more money.
The other people that make money off this sort of thing is the station owners themselves. Have you noticed how prices always go up far faster than they come back down. I saw a graph somewhere and its not even close to the same rate. Gas spikes up and down but the price at the pump spikes nowhere near as proportionally as the cost per barrel.
I heard that Bush had a team of pipe crawlers out there pissing in the pipelines to cause all the corrosion. Oh well gotta blame somebody.
Of all the reasons to raise fuel prices this is the one that should piss people off the least. It's when some Sheik in bum fok Egypt :rolleyes: says they may drop production cause senator shait for brains said muslims were terrorists, thats when the speculators need to be put on time out to think about the implications of decisions they make based on drivel.

centerhill condor
08-07-2006, 02:47 AM
time for the new fuel...

RitcheyRch
08-07-2006, 03:46 AM
They said expect gas prices to go up about a dime in the next few days. Seems these oil companies will do anything to get us to spend more. Rat bastards.

cc322
08-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Heres a Idea we go over there and say Hey we noticed all of OUR OIL is under your land, we are taking it right now.

Freak
08-07-2006, 04:40 AM
LOL...isn't that what we are doing? :)

Freak
08-07-2006, 04:51 AM
The other people that make money off this sort of thing is the station owners themselves. Have you noticed how prices always go up far faster than they come back down. I saw a graph somewhere and its not even close to the same rate. Gas spikes up and down but the price at the pump spikes nowhere near as proportionally as the cost per barrel.
One of my stepfathers owned a service station while he was alive so he explained it to me like this. This was back during the crunch of the 70's but I guess it's the same now. Each tanker truck load of fuel is purchased with funds from the previous delivered tank. So, if the price rises on the next tank he has to keep the price up on his stock until he reaches his profit mark and has enough funds to purchase the next (more expensive) truck load. So if he buy's at one price and before delivery is taken the price lowers he still had to pay the higher price he ordered at. Make sense?

Freak
08-07-2006, 04:59 AM
Now consider it also places an additional pressure on the Fed that is supposed to decide tomorrow on interest rates. If we lose 8% of our oil production, then the US may be forced to raise rates despite the recessionary impacts, in order to maintain an orderly marketplace. Remember: The Federal Reserve's mission is to maintain stability.

H20 Toie
08-07-2006, 06:43 AM
What do you mean MIGHT?

CHEETAH24
08-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Hmmm.no storms in the gulf to raise prices so a leak in the pipeline some how pops up to raise prices..sound wrong to anyone else?

Jyruiz
08-07-2006, 07:13 AM
It's already going UP. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060807/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices_7;_ylt=AiEQRMhpkq2e3CuYpGr1LrGAsnsA;_yl u=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)

lawbreaker2
08-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Just went to fill my truck, :rolleyes: $3.09 gal. I got 12 gals. for a very low $42.00. :cry: Good think I work 1 mile from my house now.

painterdan32
08-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Nothing will ever change untill we slow the demand for their product. It shouldnt have to start with OUR boats though!

bigq
08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
ROFL.... :rolleyes:
If you want to blame someone maybe you should look at alll the past administrations for not getting our energy policy in order.

Seadog
08-07-2006, 07:28 AM
I want a Moped. Better, I want a Moped dealership.

Jesster
08-07-2006, 07:40 AM
One of my stepfathers owned a service station while he was alive so he explained it to me like this. This was back during the crunch of the 70's but I guess it's the same now. Each tanker truck load of fuel is purchased with funds from the previous delivered tank. So, if the price rises on the next tank he has to keep the price up on his stock until he reaches his profit mark and has enough funds to purchase the next (more expensive) truck load. So if he buy's at one price and before delivery is taken the price lowers he still had to pay the higher price he ordered at. Make sense?
Makes sense if you run that close to margins. We also owned gas stations in the late 70's when everybody was on a quota system. We happen to have 2 suppliers at the time so were one of the only stations open after everybody else depleted their quota. A smart owner will do a couple things. Hopefully you’re not running that close on capital to have to pay out of the previous delivery. If you do gas is pretty much a cash business and any space available in the tank is paid for so to speak. We didn’t pre-pay for a load unless we knew it was going up, and our suppliers almost always knew when that was going to happen. Most of the time an owner will know the cost of his next load before it is delivered so that’s where the initial spike comes in. He raises it before he actually takes delivery as long as he isn’t to far outside the surrounding competition (who are all doing it too). He will also know when the price drops before the next load is delivered but will usually hold off or drop the price much more slowly than his cost went down. This is actually smart business, making money off market fluctuations. Station owners right now I bet are making as much or more than the 10% profit margin that Big oil is on. The other thing you do as a station owner is hedge your bets on the futures market. I was from a small town and the majority of station owners at that time were in it. It’s easy to leverage large amounts of unleaded for small amounts of money. Farmers also do it, against the risk of bad crops

HocusPocus
08-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Nothing will ever change untill we slow the demand for their product. It shouldnt have to start with OUR boats though!
toys are always one of the first things impacted by even higher prices. i once had a boat dealer tell me that he had a lot full of things everyone wants but that no one needs. :skull:

RitcheyRch
08-07-2006, 08:29 AM
If I lived closer to work I would ride my bicycle.

Hardly Satisfied
08-07-2006, 09:00 AM
you are so right , BUSH SUCKS :yuk: