PDA

View Full Version : Any Ford tech in the house....

YeLLowBoaT
08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
I know they don't break down, but I need some help...for my grandmother car.
97 contour ( its a english design so of corse it has a wiring issue.. :)) Contours are the worst pos that ford has made in a very long time, Its the only ford that I have personally had any probs with. Other then just reg maintance stuff
At the fuel pump I get a breif( I mean just a tenth of a second or so) spike of 12 volts then it drops down to 6.5 volts. right now I am only getting about 5 psi. It does this with or with out the pump( so the pump is not bring it down). I Have replaced the relay and have checked the safty fuel pump switch( jumped across it and checked it for ristance its >.1 ohms.) I even replaced the fuel pump.( I "barrowed" it out of a Friends contour...)
If I run a constent 12 volts I get 45-48 psi and it runs fine.) I was thinking the wire itself might be the prob, but I have traced it back as far as I could with out disasymbling the dash. ( it runs on the inside of the car) There is no loss of contentuity or any major ristances.
Is there something else inline that could be cuasing this?? Its kind of funny that I get 12 volts for a instant then it drops down 6.5 volts. I really don't know what else it could be... It seems like there has to be something else that I don't know about...Of corse the dealerships just want you to bring it in starting at 150...
Thanks

Sleek-Jet
08-07-2006, 06:54 PM
If you think the contour is a POS... you've never had the pleasure of the Tempo or the Focus station wagon...

pywackett2000
08-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I have the solution to the Ford problem, sell it and buy three Chevys then when on breaks down you will have two spares!

Konabrent
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Try a different key, the keys are microchipped and sometimes will get de-magnetized by supermarket scanners etc. You will get your symptoms if that happens.

YeLLowBoaT
08-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Try a different key, the keys are microchipped and sometimes will get de-magnetized by supermarket scanners etc. You will get your symptoms if that happens.
This is car is a few years b4 that came out....

Havasu1986
08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Shadow on the boards works at a Ford shop in Havi