PDA

View Full Version : Havasu airport......

blown dough
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Why is it when your headed to Havasu and you finally hit the airport at Havasu (driving that is) life is much better. You forget about work and any other junk in your life that is going on, its a miracle mile marker!!!!

HocusPocus
08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
i know what you mean.. only it starts with me the minute we hit the 40. :cool:

MarkyMark
08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Thats weird because thats usually where I get pulled over for speeding.. :cry:

Throttle
08-08-2006, 09:18 AM
true true.
that means my day is gonna get worse tonite when I have to drive back to the oc... :yuk:

Classic Daycruiser
08-08-2006, 09:31 AM
i know what you mean.. only it starts with me the minute we hit the 40. :cool:
Thats where you finally get pass the LA Smog, and breath fresh air. :rollside: :rollside: :) :rollside: :rollside:

HocusPocus
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Thats where you finally get pass the LA Smog, and breath fresh air. :rollside: :rollside: :) :rollside: :rollside:
thats one of the reasons. :) the other reason is my wife is a operation manager for a chain of hardware stores, they have a new store in barstow which she usually has to make a "quick" stop in before we head out. :skull:

atomickitn
08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Why is it when your headed to Havasu and you finally hit the airport at Havasu (driving that is) life is much better. You forget about work and any other junk in your life that is going on, its a miracle mile marker!!!!
because the only things that matter at that point are you and your family having a great time , and all the other s**t dont matter anymore :)

blown dough
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM
because the only things that matter at that point are you and your family having a great time , and all the other s**t dont matter anymore :)
Very well said.

Mrs. 4-B
08-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Its funny...I have all these markers on my way to Havi and with each one, I get a little closer and a little more relaxed. My favorite one is just getting to the bottom of the Cajon Pass. That is the worst part of the drive! :yuk: And the best is pulling into my driveway! :rollside:

phebus
08-08-2006, 10:10 AM
I have to go back to OC on Thursday for a doctor's appointment. I was going to go back on Wednesday, spend the night, go to the doctor on Thursday, and then drive home.
Well, I decided that I dont want to spend anymore time then necessary away from here, so I am just going to drive in early Thursday morning, and drive back the same day.
I guess that means I don't miss So Cal much.............

Mrs. 4-B
08-08-2006, 10:17 AM
I have to go back to OC on Thursday for a doctor's appointment. I was going to go back on Wednesday, spend the night, go to the doctor on Thursday, and then drive home.
Well, I decided that I dont want to spend anymore time then necessary away from here, so I am just going to drive in early Thursday morning, and drive back the same day.
Rub it in, why don't cha'! We will be out this weekend...hope to see Linda...oh, and you too! :D :D

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 10:21 AM
No Doctors in Havi?

phebus
08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Part of the retirement process is that I have to go to the retirement boards doctor.
It's funny, because I wanted to return to work, but after four back surgeries (the last being a three level fusion), they told me I couldn't return. Now, they are sending me to their doctor to confirm my back precluded me from returning to work.
Sure seems backward to me.....

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Part of the retirement process is that I have to go to the retirement boards doctor.
It's funny, because I wanted to return to work, but after four back surgeries (the last being a three level fusion), they told me I couldn't return. Now, they are sending me to their doctor to confirm my back precluded me from returning to work.
Sounds like it.

INSman
08-08-2006, 12:08 PM
This is true, but then I see the runway lights and ask myself why I do the 5+ hour drive each way instead of learning to fly and go that route !! :)

XTRM22
08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Used to think the same way about the lights at Sara Park ( coming into town from the other direction). Now that we live here full time, I don't get that feeling until I pass the wakeless buoys leaving Windsor.
Chuck :)

Sun burners
08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I dont wait that long,
Once I pass Ontario Int.
I am out of LA headed for Havasu

RiverRatMike
08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
that because your out of California!

Havasu1986
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Hope your back can take the drive both ways in the same day. :crossx: If not I have a empty house and a full fridge.