PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have to fly today?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-10-2006, 08:14 AM
I am. Even though I am leaving out of John Wayne I am still dreading the thought.....

ChumpChange
08-10-2006, 08:20 AM
I am. Even though I am leaving out of John Wayne I am still dreading the thought.....
You don't like flying at all? or you just don't like John Wayne where they basically turn off the engines for a few seconds due to noise restrictions? What if the engine didn't throttle back up? :220v:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Actually that part i don't mind at all. I am dreading the airport on heightened security since they uncovered the bomb plot in London. The airports are all in gridlock....

centerhill condor
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
I flew the day the air war began in Afgan... chicks with M-16A2 at the airport... scared me worse than no engines!

skisupreme
08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Just got back into John Wayne yesterday and really no difference. Should not be an issue as the targeted flights were international.

RitcheyRch
08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
You will be fine. Just be aware of the new security issues.

lalhc
08-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I just returned from Dallas last night. Everything will be fine other than having to wait through security. I heard they're not allowing you to take a tube of tooth paste on carry-on luggage.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-10-2006, 09:19 AM
It might take longer to get thru security but I would think flying today is a bit safer than the day before yesterday before the terrorist plot was exposed.
You will be fine....sit back, have a cocktail and relax! :boxed:

x7734x
08-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah I'm screwed I'm flying out to Canada tonight security is going to be fun, but customs should be even better on the way back.

2Driver
08-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Kauai coming up. Should be a real peach of a time with the new alert level, Mask, fins, kids board, my 12" dive knife. Ton of luggage.
Anything liquid goes in the trash. Water, toothpaste, roll-on. etc That's only becasue they said the recent arrestees were going to use a fluid based bomb. So now they decide to check for liquids, gee I feel safe sooo now. :rolleyes:
I just got back from Baltimore. While flying I was waiting in theback to use the restroom. Behind the curtain the flight attendents were in a huge bitch seesion about the airline, their jobs and how the whole plane security thing is such a joke. They were speaking about the physical plane security inspections and how they had a bunch of incomps doing a half assed search. Gee I felt better about being on US air/ AM west :crossx: Drink cart please!

lewiville
08-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I only have my baby coing back from China today. Think I am not on pin's and needle's?

Debbolas
08-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Scream and I fly to SF next week and I was JUST thinking we could carry our River Kitty Special duffle bags onto the plane....Nix that idea...we will be checking our luggage.
I'm just glad they caught the guys! :skull:

nordy racer
08-10-2006, 02:27 PM
my wife is sitting at JFK in NY.. took her about 4 hours to get pass security.. now her flight is delayed and it could be to late to fly into Long Beach..

OnlyMoney
08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Well, if you're trying to get from Vegas to Phoenix...a certain someone is having a hell of a time...... :rollside: 3 hours to get through security and now is on the runway....waiting.

ROZ
08-10-2006, 02:37 PM
My brother landed in Edenborough this morning with out too much issue...

HappyHour
08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
I work in the airline industry and it's not much fun for us either. My advice to anyone flying now-a-days.........get there early and check all of your bags in. If you have little ones going with, you are allowed formula and juice for the little ones. Because people are basically checking in all of the bags that they have, we have to lift almost double the amount of bags out here on the ramp. Unfortunately this is the world we live in now.

Havasu1986
08-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I met this girl at the Naked Turtle a couple weeks ago who just got to Havi from New Jersey.She was with Homeland Security and she took a transfer to get out of the cold. At the time she hadn't even been to the airport yet. We were laughing with her about how small the airport was. She said she had bomb training also. Now I know why they need her in Havi.

Her454
08-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I think the President of Team Turn-key is flying home from Vegas today............. :rollside: I'm sure he's having a blast as patient as he is.

mbrown2
08-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I flew yesterday...no big deal...45 min to check in bags due to liquids and get through Security and that was at Phx.

Jordy
08-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah, flying was a real treat yesterday. Checked bags as you can't have toothpaste, cologne, shampoo, hair gel, and on and on and on. Checking bags was pretty quick flying on an e-ticket. Then came the line for the security checkpoint... yeah, over 2 hours there. I was at the airport a little bit after 11 and got to Phoenix right around 5:00, although a thunderstorm that crossed the airfield kept us on the ground for an hour waiting to takeoff. Nothing like a 6 hour trip flying that I could drive in 4. :notam:

08-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I was supposed to fly home from Reno yesterday but decided to just take the rental car home down 395 (home is Murrieta). I checked the flight status when I got in and I beat the plane by over an hour.

KreatinKaos
08-11-2006, 09:56 AM
It took over 2 hours to get through security checkpoints at the airport today :mad:

2Driver
08-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Checked bags as you can't have toothpaste, cologne, shampoo,
So when did you start using that stuff? :D :D :D

Jordy
08-11-2006, 10:46 AM
So when did you start using that stuff? :D :D :D
Actually, quite some time ago, however only on special occasions and then very lightly applied. :D :D :D

disco_charger
08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
You don't like flying at all? or you just don't like John Wayne where they basically turn off the engines for a few seconds due to noise restrictions? What if the engine didn't throttle back up? :220v:
You end up in the back bay. The pilots say that a single engine failure is actually the worst scenario...

EXTRMBT
08-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Flying home Saturday morning from Central America on business, First Class. :) Ass Whooping administered for any sheet head trying to enter the cockpit. :lightsabe If Shit happens in coach I'm going down with the rest of them, but not without a fight.............................. :mad: