PDA

View Full Version : New Car From COMMUNIST China?

burtandnancy
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Well, the soon to be #1 in the world economy is showing its new car for future sales in the US. I know there must be some other items in my household that were made in COMMUNIST China, but I sure as hell didn't buy them on purpose, and in the few years I have left on Earth, I won't be buying a car made in COMMUNIST China. I know this can sound hypocritical because my parents fought in WWII and I'm a Korean War Vet. We currently drive cars derived in Japan and Germany. My only justification, is that 50 years is long enough to get over it.
But its still COMMUNIST China...

cola
01-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Buy American, the job you save maybe your own. :cry:

LHC30Victory
01-11-2006, 07:38 PM
BURT, relax! China is going the way of the Berlin Wall and the U.S.S.R. - they are slowly and quietly going over to capitalism. They realized that they must conform or become extinct. It is just that they are trying to maintain an illusion of their way.....

burtandnancy
01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
LHC30 If/when they go the rest of the way to capitalism, they will be an economic giant of untold proportion. By the way, I purchased a pair of Speedmaster Props a few years back, and guess where they came from???

LHC30Victory
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Oh, I have an idea!
They are not STUPID!
Time willl tell..

Wizard29
01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
China is a strong economy, but I have worked with Chinese engineers while I was in China on a couple of projects. I also work with them weekly via e-mail and telephone. Nothing against the Chinese at all, but the amount their "engineers" don't understand is simply amazing. I am not at all impressed with the ability (or lack thereof) to comprehend electrical and mechanical systems.
That said, I'd use extreme caution in buying or driving a car designed and manufactured in China....