PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to do a 2' high garden/retaing wall in my backyard.(Contacts)

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Well the time has come to start working on the back yard.
I wen't and purchased a barbeque island yesteday so now I need a place to put it once completed:D
I am looking to build a 2" high block wall in my back yard bordering my current fences.The sides are pretty much ready to go but the back will need to be dug out a tad and moved back 4-5 feet.(Not a big job)
Does anybody have any idea what something like this would cost me in the Corona/Riverside area per square foot?
Not looking to go super fancy but It will be a decent size garden wall with the back side being backfiled for planters.
Any connections or contacts?
Thanks
Brandin

DeeCandyBar
08-10-2006, 01:20 PM
you might want to talk to trailer park casanova - he seems to have connections for day laborers

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 01:25 PM
you might want to talk to trailer park casanova - he seems to have connections for day laborers
He lives too far from me to really help.
Plus illegals in LA county want a company truck;)
Back on Topic :)

djunkie
08-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Well the time has come to start working on the back yard.
I wen't and purchased a barbeque island yesteday so now I need a place to put it once completed:D
I am looking to build a 2" high block wall in my back yard bordering my current fences.The sides are pretty much ready to go but the back will need to be dug out a tad and moved back 4-5 feet.(Not a big job)
Does anybody have any idea what something like this would cost me in the Corona/Riverside area per square foot?
Not looking to go super fancy but It will be a decent size garden wall with the back side being backfiled for planters.
Any connections or contacts?
Thanks
Brandin
"1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!"
Actually it shouldn't be too much for a 2" wall. :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 01:41 PM
"1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!"
Actually it shouldn't be too much for a 2" wall. :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:
Serious
I hope it's not too crazy. I would tackle it myself but I already had to take 5 days off from work to replace my side 100' fence.(Damm big corner lots will kill you in 110 degree weather)
Maybe a ***boat retaining wall building party???....Everyone bring some cement and 5 blocks;) :crossx: :p
I will supply beer

djunkie
08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Serious
I hope it's not too crazy. I would tackle it myself but I already had to take 5 days off from work to replace my side 100' fence.(Damm big corner lots will kill you in 110 degree weather)
Maybe a ***boat retaining wall building party???....Everyone bring some cement and 5 blocks;) :crossx: :p
I will supply beer
And we'll drink the beer first. Imagine how that wall would look. LOL!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 01:46 PM
And we'll drink the beer first. Imagine how that wall would look. LOL!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:
there will be fine print;)
1 Beer for every 10 Blocks laid.
your cut off at 30 Blocks :crossx:

caroftheweek
08-10-2006, 01:56 PM
there will be fine print;)
1 Beer for every 10 Blocks laid.
your cut off at 30 Blocks :crossx:
You must work in the insurance industry. Mr. Fine Print. :rollside: :)

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 01:57 PM
You must work in the insurance industry. Mr. Fine Print. :rollside: :)
forgot to tell you about that uhhhhh uprate to help pay for the wall uhhhh I mean because the Diesel truck surcharge;) :crossx:

Jyruiz
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I will come with my own beer and supervise. :D

caroftheweek
08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
forgot to tell you about that uhhhhh uprate to help pay for the wall uhhhh I mean because the Diesel truck surcharge;) :crossx:
who else does insurance on the boards?
...I need a new broker :220v: :220v:

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I will come with my own beer and supervise. :D
your always welcome to help supervise...... :crossx:
I think you need to come do a formal inspection of the A/V install:D

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 02:10 PM
who else does insurance on the boards?
...I need a new broker :220v: :220v:
Maybe boatloan guy can refer you to someone cheaper?:D :idea: :rollside:

Jyruiz
08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
your always welcome to help supervise...... :crossx:
I think you need to come do a formal inspection of the A/V install:D
Should I bring my sound meter, video calibration DVD and calibrate your system as well? Oh wait, I retired those items, oh well. :)

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Should I bring my sound meter, video calibration DVD and calibrate your system as well? Oh wait, I retired those items, oh well. :)
It's already pretty dialed:D
Just bring some movies and a free beer hand :rollside:

caroftheweek
08-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Maybe boatloan guy can refer you to someone cheaper?:D :idea: :rollside:
:crossx: :220v: :220v: :220v: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 02:24 PM
:crossx: :220v: :220v: :220v: :crossx:
:p;) :idea: :skull:

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Ttt

JetBoatRich
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
You need to 2' high by how long?
We did one a couple months ago, 4 bricks high with a cap(bottom brick mostly UG) approximately 60' long cost $1,300 and included materials. He actually did a little more took the cap off the back wall that was 60' wide addded another row of bricks and capped it.

djunkie
08-10-2006, 04:00 PM
We did one a couple months ago, 4 bricks high with a cap(bottom brick mostly UG) approximately 60' long cost $1,300 and included materials. He actually did a little more took the cap off the back wall that was 60' wide addded another row of bricks and capped it.
Hey this thread has been highjacked. Don't try getting it back on track with your usefull babble. :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I did a rough walk off this morning and it will probably be close to 150' give or take when all is said and done.Sounds like you did pretty much what I am looking for.
I do want to cap it and use the standard block that you don't have to stucco to look good.
Did you pour a footing?
Who did it?

JetBoatRich
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
We used a guy recommended to us by my daughter's boyfriends dad, great guy. Before the last work we had him tear down all our wood fences and put up 6' block down both sides of the house, approximately 200'. He put a foundation on all his walls. I was able to get one neighbor to split cost on her side, the other neighbor is stiffing me for $2,000 :mad:
Corona might be a little far, but I will get his number for you if interested. Maybe he can recommend someone if no HB people work out

Rexone
08-10-2006, 05:08 PM
You might want to consider these mortarless interlocking type blocks (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Build/BlkRetWall.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavHowTo) . You can easily do yourself probably in a day. They deliver, you place, backfill, done. They work good on short walls or stepped terrace type slopes. Just a thought.

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 05:35 PM
We used a guy recommended to us by my daughter's boyfriends dad, great guy. Before the last work we had him tear down all our wood fences and put up 6' block down both sides of the house, approximately 200'. He put a foundation on all his walls. I was able to get one neighbor to split cost on her side, the other neighbor is stiffing me for $2,000 :mad:
Corona might be a little far, but I will get his number for you if interested. Maybe he can recommend someone if no HB people work out
I appreciate the help.
let me know what you find out. :)

Cole Trickle
08-10-2006, 05:38 PM
You might want to consider these mortarless interlocking type blocks (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Build/BlkRetWall.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavHowTo) . You can easily do yourself probably in a day. They deliver, you place, backfill, done. They work good on short walls or stepped terrace type slopes. Just a thought.
thanks for the feedback
I currently have those 2 high in the same place I want to build the wall.I just don't like the interlocking blocks.the previous owner put them in and they are crooked and not level.
I will make you a hell of a deal on 300+ of them if your interested;)

W.O.T
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
i have a buddy that is a mason. he is building an outdoor barbecue/bar for my parents right now. he has already done some other jobs for us. he'll do a great job to pick up some spare cash on the weekends. pm me if you are interested.