PDA

View Full Version : School

Diablo54
08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Anyone going to School??
I am getting my MBA and it is taking time away from the lake and the river. I was supposed to be in Havasu today but I need to get my paper done along with some other homework. I was just wondering if any other Hot boaters where having the same misfortune I am. :mad: :220v:

buzzaro
08-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Anyone going to School??
I am getting my MBA and it is taking time away from the lake and the river. I was supposed to be in Havasu today but I need to get my paper done along with some other homework. I was just wondering if any other Hot boaters where having the same misfortune I am. :mad: :220v:
My wife is studying for the gmat right now, its next weekend and Im not allowed to take the boat out till its over, so I definately feel your pain :mad: :mad: :mad:

Longtime Lurker
08-12-2006, 07:12 AM
I went through the same a few years back. the program I was in was summer intensive, so no river for me for 3 years. glad it's over.

chub
08-12-2006, 07:19 AM
I only take classes at the Union hall in the Winter. I'm a Jouneyman so I can pick and choose. I don't wanna miss a swell.
As a wise Journeyman told me " pay now, play later....better than others that didn't pay!"
Keep up the grind!

H20Advantage
08-12-2006, 07:35 AM
My wife is working on finishing her Master's, hence we got high speed internet in Havasu so she could work from there :cool: and I can still surf.

Tequila-John
08-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Az broker classes count :)

BshyBvrGirl
08-12-2006, 03:40 PM
How are you financing? Are you using deferred student loans? pell grants? Just curious. I FINALLY got accepted into our local university's teacher certification program (through an entitlement program based on the fact that I already have my BA) and start in January for a 2 year program. So now I'm trying to figure out how to pay for it all (have never had student loans for financial aid before). Just bought a house 8 months ago, no car payment, but I live alone, so I'm trying to work my way through all the logistics of the next 2 years of my life financially. Any advice would help!

bruddah
08-12-2006, 07:16 PM
paramedic school! be done in december and hopefully back to the river and dezert next year. :rollside:

N2Lake
08-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Az broker classes count :)
Ditto but in Texas.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I feel your pain. This was my first summer off in 5 years. Unfortunatly, school started here last Wed (I'm a teacher) so I'm already back to work.
Good for you making the mature decision to study. It'll pay off in the end. And good luck with the MBA.
No masters degree for me for a while. I'm going to enjoy some time off with my man and my kids who have really sacrificed over the years.