PDA

View Full Version : Kids Sports

Wet Dream
08-12-2006, 09:57 AM
How fun is it to watch your kid play football? After weeks of practice, they finally had their first game today, and I can't tell him enough how proud of him I am. He's 10 years old, 4'10" and weighs in at 116 pounds, not huge, but not receiver material, so he plays defensive tackle. Watching the Bantam guys play first, its comical. Then out come the juniors (my son's team) and the cheerleaders and its a regular football game. It was a slaughter. We won 34 to 0. The other team had a hard time controlling the ball and kept gaining penalties. The other thing I have to mention...Parents are the worst fans. Relax people, its a game.

lewiville
08-12-2006, 10:06 AM
How fun is it to watch your kid play football? After weeks of practice, they finally had their first game today, and I can't tell him enough how proud of him I am. He's 10 years old, 4'10" and weighs in at 116 pounds, not huge, but not receiver material, so he plays defensive tackle. Watching the Bantam guys play first, its comical. Then out come the juniors (my son's team) and the cheerleaders and its a regular football game. It was a slaughter. We won 34 to 0. The other team had a hard time controlling the ball and kept gaining penalties. The other thing I have to mention...Parents are the worst fans. Relax people, its a game.
good job dad!
I love watching my kids play soccer. I am a head coach for my older daughters team and assistant coach for my two youngest. I am also on the board of directors for our league. To many parents are getting the wrong idea about there kids. Its always the parents that cant show up to pratice on time. Cant show up for the game on time, and most of all miss practices and expect that there kids is going to play.....RIGHT

YeLLowBoaT
08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
lol he wieghted more then I did when I was a freshmen in hs...
Up until last year I coached a jr wreslting team. ( I also ref at the hs level.) Its funny to see kids that I 1st tuaght when they were 5-6 that are now in HS doing the something you should them when they were a kid.
Watching kids having fun playing sports is a blast... the funny thing is more often then not its the mother that get nasty...

Wet Dream
08-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Watching kids having fun playing sports is a blast... the funny thing is more often then not its the mother that get nasty...
I wrestled through high school at 138 pounds. After high school, I went to 70 and haven't been over 173 (winter fat) and lower than 168 in the last 16 years. My wife's dad is a big guy, not fat at all, but comes from that side of that family. My side of th
As for the moms, you are so right. This cow walked on to the sidelines, called out the coach and bitched about her kid not playing. The coach just did the hand gesture "talk to the hand" and brushed her off, it was great. I hate not having my kid at the practices and games, but I have no choice on Labor Day weekend. We're gone for that weekend, and they have a game. Why? Its beyond me, but we do.

lalhc
08-12-2006, 10:48 AM
It's great to watch your kids excel in sports. I just got done coaching my 12 year old and his friends in over 45 baseball games this year. He's taking the year off in football so we can live in Havi till school time. I believe sports are important to young kids, but family is more important.

Froggystyle
08-12-2006, 11:18 AM
He's 10 years old, 4'10" and weighs in at 116 pounds, not huge, but not receiver material, so he plays defensive tackle.
Me too. I wrestled the 98 pound weight class in my Sophmore year, 112 my Junior year. I had to drop weight to get to 121's my senior year though. I was 4'10" until 10th grade, when I blew up in two years to 5'10".
I graduated high school at 5'10" at 138 pounds. I joined the Navy at 140 and 21 years old. Left the Teams at 163.
If you ask me, that kid is a monster! :D

Wet Dream
08-12-2006, 01:32 PM
He really is a big kid. Sometimes I wonder if he's mine. :D

JetBoatRich
08-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Having two kids both play some sports, I also coach which ever sport they are playing :cool: this may be more for me then them, but I want to make sure all the kids enjoy the game and want to come out next season :cool: :cool: Have to rememebr they are just kids and there for fun is not always easy for everyone :yuk:
My daughter is 16 now and we joined a coed-softball team :cool: this season, our team went 10-2 and took the championship :cool: does not get much better than the fun we had :cool:

lewiville
08-12-2006, 01:35 PM
He really is a big kid. Sometimes I wonder if he's mine. :D
WD,
DNA test kit $199 :)

Wet Dream
08-12-2006, 01:39 PM
WD,
DNA test kit $199 :)
LOL. There really is no doubt, but ya gotta wonder.

lewiville
08-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I have now idea where the hell mine came from..... we never had sex :cry: